Growing your own Tobacco

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":18tvg0h0 said:
slick4591":18tvg0h0 said:
chrisy":18tvg0h0 said:
Is it still illegal to buy a Cuban cigar in the US???

my neighbor grew tobacco one year and tried to roll cigars, it didn't work to well, and the smell was gross, but I don't like tobacco smoke smell anyway.

Yep, can't buy, sell or import.

Tobacco plants don't like a lot of rain, Chrissy. I think that leaves London importing if you decide to enjoy a fine cigar.
I'm not a cigar man, and I don't know the law, but Cuban cigars are easily available in the US at a price.
No..John not to smoke I never have and never will, was just curious. funnily enough we don't really get a lot of rain, more cold than anything else in London, although I don't live in London I live in Essex, about 11 miles from London.

chrisy":1739sp7i said:
john250":1739sp7i said:
Tobacco plants don't like a lot of rain, Chrissy. I think that leaves London importing if you decide to enjoy a fine cigar.
I'm not a cigar man, and I don't know the law, but Cuban cigars are easily available in the US at a price.
No..John not to smoke I never have and never will, was just curious. funnily enough we don't really get a lot of rain, more cold than anything else in London, although I don't live in London I live in Essex, about 11 miles from London.

I knew that. :bang: Around my part of the world, 11 miles makes you part of London. A suburb, as we call it. I realize you Brits deal with smaller areas as your territory. What is your longest trip, in a day? I'm 10 miles from Wal-Mart and Kroger. But it only takes 15 minutes to drive there.

john250":1hhc3c19 said:
chrisy":1hhc3c19 said:
john250":1hhc3c19 said:

I knew that. :bang: Around my part of the world, 11 miles makes you part of London. A suburb, as we call it. I realize you Brits deal with smaller areas as your territory. What is your longest trip, in a day? I'm 10 miles from Wal-Mart and Kroger. But it only takes 15 minutes to drive there.
Going to see my Granddaughter, that is about 75 miles away and takes around one and a half hours to get there, which we did today. :banana: we also use the word suburb and we are one of London. an everyday trip would be about 1 mile to go to the shops, a 20 min walk or 5 mins by car.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Nesikep, you are going to need a good "flue cured" variety. They are the mildest smoking varieties around. It will take a little propane to dry them. Burley is nearly unsmokeable by itself. The lungs refuse to participate. Very harsh and suitable only as a small part of the blend.

Hmmm... I cured mine by stacking it and fermenting it for about 7-10 days, then hanging... it's not harsh, just tastes a lot different, and burns about half as fast

slick4591":3mht6l4s said:
chrisy":3mht6l4s said:
Is it still illegal to buy a Cuban cigar in the US???

my neighbor grew tobacco one year and tried to roll cigars, it didn't work to well, and the smell was gross, but I don't like tobacco smoke smell anyway.

Yep, can't buy, sell or import.

But, you can "Smoke em if you got em"

I put my leaves first through a pasta cutter (for making spaghetti and noodles) and then used a parsley cutter to chop them a bit finer

my friend has a little hand powered cutter which uses a disc with 3 razor blades in it, and he knows of an electric one which I will buy as soon as he can contact the person

Latest posts