Gotta love the Romanians

Help Support CattleToday:

The only time i've eaten lamb was in england. She roasted it like beef. I think it was an older lamb too. Tasted like beef, like a roast beef.
Do Romanians buy them in your area? Why are there a lot of romanians around you, well, unless you live in romania..

There is allot of them in the Seattle area, they flock together and the word gets out when they find a nice clean farm with healthy well bred animals.
I crossed my Suffolk ewes with a reg texel ram and they just popped with muscles.

I think I need to learn about sheep and start raising them. Of course we would have to import a few Romanians. Are they always that's expensive??

I do.

girlz.jpg

Nice lamb!
I leased some of my pasture for sheep the summer before last. They were much harder on the grass, fences, and irrigation checks than the cattle. :( I won't do that again..............Good for clean-up though on the stuff the cattle won't eat! I read an article about cattle ranchers alternating the sheep and cattle to improve the land. :D

It's funny when you turn them in after the cows, they just run to the stuff the cows didn't eat.

Real good for cleaning up lupine (crooks or johns) before the cows hit the area bred.

I don't have that problem here but they sure do on the east side of the state, met a Rancher that lost 30% to "crooks" two years ago.

It sure isn't dry here. They come from the Netherlands and were first released for sale in 1990 in the states. My Ram is from imported semen.

Sorry king didn't or can't answer the Q.

Aren't those people that steal children from Romania----the Roma they call themselves?
and vampires--Vlad was Romanian wasn't he?

greybeard":jo6a4q61 said:
Aren't those people that steal children from Romania----the Roma they call themselves?
and vampires--Vlad was Romanian wasn't he?

You mistake Roma with Romanians, dude. Roma are gypsies, a minority in every european country, they migrated from India to Europe like 500 years ago, you can find them all over Europe, in Spain, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Portugal, France, etc. They are usually involved in criminal activities, like stealing, human trafficking, begging and so on. They have nothing in common with the romanians who are white europeans.
Vlad Tepes was a romanian prince born in Transylvania, who rulled in Wallachia (a southern region in Romania), he was known for defending Europe from muslim invasion. His practice of impaling his enemies is part of his historical reputation.

Wow, you went to the trouble of registering here just to make your one and only post to call me "dude"?
I'm flattered.

greybeard":2h9821sw said:
Wow, you went to the trouble of registering here just to make your one and only post to call me "dude"?
I'm flattered.

I'm glad you're flattered, your highness! :tiphat:

Hey Greybeard didn't mean to set you up ,"dude". But it was informative info.

Lamb tally for the week :10 lambs , 8 available , 8 sold , 7 1/2 weeks of age max. average price $190 per lamb. I think I'll hold back the triplet ewe lamb to breed next year.

We could have sold at least another doz.

No problem, I've heard people called "dude" before, but almost always by adolescents.
I was already aware of the info, and the fact that the gypsies originated in India/Kashmir/Pakistan region. It's kind of like saying Texans were originally Spanish or Gaul, or Britons--or even Ethiopians if you go far enough back to the cradle of mankind. The correct term is Romani. And yes, in modern times, they were segregated in Eastern and Central Europe, after being persecuted, banned, and expelled in/by several countries. Unless things have changed, France still has an immigration ban on Romani peoples.

In Communist central and eastern Europe, Romanies experienced assimilation schemes and restrictions of cultural freedom. The Romani language and Romani music were banned from public performance in Bulgaria. In Czechoslovakia, tens of thousands of Romanies from Slovakia, Hungary and Romania were re-settled in border areas of Czech lands and their nomadic lifestyle was forbidden. In Czechoslovakia, where they were labeled as a "socially degraded stratum," Romani women were sterilized as part of a state policy to reduce their population. This policy was implemented with large financial incentives, threats of denying future social welfare payments, misinformation, and involuntary sterilization.[46]
In the early 1990s, Germany deported tens of thousands of migrants to central and eastern Europe. Sixty percent of some 100,000 Romanian nationals deported under a 1992 treaty were Romani.

Latest posts