Cowboys on call

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":29ez4tle said:
TexasBred":29ez4tle said:
callmefence":29ez4tle said:
It amazes me how people will twist from the original topic when they are wrong.

I originally commented on two outfits.
One sells 3000 or so head a week.

Yeah and you've never been wrong. You think because you know a few really good cowboys and the stockyard has a few that they ALL are great cowboys. You're wrong. If you'd travel around you'd notice that 90% of the sale barns in this big state don't have a horse on the place. He// they got a gate every 20 feet so it's not hard to control animals and direct them where you want them. As I said if you enjoy cowboying on horseback then by all means do it or have it done and enjoy it. I still haven't found the need for a horse on this place or any other place I've owned. If you disagree, more power to you but don't try to change my mind. (BTW, noticed a couple of you mentioned almost getting killed while cowboying......nuff said).

I usually admit when I'm wrong. That way I have nothing to hide or defend. You don't have enough man in you to do that.
Even when you're stupid enough to try to make a point nobody ever brought up. About something you've never seen. :dunce:
Go take a nap.... come on back and to quote cf. I'll school you again.
Fence you're wrong quite often. Sometimes it's more fun to just stay quite and watch you wallow in your ignorance.

(BTW, noticed a couple of you mentioned almost getting killed while cowboying......nuff said).
Most of us have almost gotten killed doing all sorts of things. Working cows is just one of a million ways to get killed or maimed. Most of us are going to die laying in a bed.

greybeard":gcrm88pi said:
(BTW, noticed a couple of you mentioned almost getting killed while cowboying......nuff said).
Most of us have almost gotten killed doing all sorts of things. Working cows is just one of a million ways to get killed or maimed. Most of us are going to die laying in a bed.

I have been in wild cow catching where a buddies horse got gored. seen numerous guys snatched off by trees or tangled ropes heck there was a time on saturday nites we would go to the rodeos and do wild cow milking. they would pull put about 10 f1 braford and brangus cows in the arena, roper would get her caught , Mugger (Me ) would run the rope and hold her , the roper would then drop the rope and have to fill the coke bottle with milk. some cows would always be dry. Prize money was 250 bucks. It always came down my team or my brothers team to win which all 4 of us usually were catching cows together.

M-5":zrep5qfu said:
greybeard":zrep5qfu said:

I have been in wild cow catching where a buddies horse got gored. seen numerous guys snatched off by trees or tangled ropes heck there was a time on saturday nites we would go to the rodeos and do wild cow milking. they would pull put about 10 f1 braford and brangus cows in the arena, roper would get her caught , Mugger (Me ) would run the rope and hold her , the roper would then drop the rope and have to fill the coke bottle with milk. some cows would always be dry. Prize money was 250 bucks. It always came down my team or my brothers team to win which all 4 of us usually were catching cows together.
I've seen it with a pail but not a coke bottle. About 1/2 the time, the pail would get kicked or knocked over and they got to the line with no milk or not enough milk. One place put a steer in the mix too. :lol:

greybeard":2kpe3ix4 said:
M-5":2kpe3ix4 said:
greybeard":2kpe3ix4 said:

I've seen it with a pail but not a coke bottle. About 1/2 the time, the pail would get kicked or knocked over and they got to the line with no milk or not enough milk. One place put a steer in the mix too. :lol:

It was a glass coke bottle the little ones 8oz i think . its hard as heII to aim a teat to hit that little hole.

TexasBred":wraw3rzd said:
callmefence":wraw3rzd said:
TexasBred":wraw3rzd said:
Yeah and you've never been wrong. You think because you know a few really good cowboys and the stockyard has a few that they ALL are great cowboys. You're wrong. If you'd travel around you'd notice that 90% of the sale barns in this big state don't have a horse on the place. He// they got a gate every 20 feet so it's not hard to control animals and direct them where you want them. As I said if you enjoy cowboying on horseback then by all means do it or have it done and enjoy it. I still haven't found the need for a horse on this place or any other place I've owned. If you disagree, more power to you but don't try to change my mind. (BTW, noticed a couple of you mentioned almost getting killed while cowboying......nuff said).

I usually admit when I'm wrong. That way I have nothing to hide or defend. You don't have enough man in you to do that.
Even when you're stupid enough to try to make a point nobody ever brought up. About something you've never seen. :dunce:
Fence you're wrong quite often. Sometimes it's more fun to just stay quite and watch you wallow in your ignorance.

I was wrong to call you names. I apologized for it in public. That's all you get big man. If you need to keep going pour it on . I can take whatever you got....
Done here

Had a guy show me a trick once. Put a Tums in your mouth when you are getting started. As you bury your head in her flank spit in the bottle. Head back to line and pour out your "milk". Might want to make sure you didn't draw the steer.

greybeard":2wlwqq7t said:
True people get killed in accidents every day. But the topic was cowboys and was referring to comments cowboys made here about their cowboying experiences.

callmefence":2wulc7x8 said:
TexasBred":2wulc7x8 said:
callmefence":2wulc7x8 said:

I was wrong to call you names. I apologized for it in public. That's all you get big man. If you need to keep going pour it on . I can take whatever you got....
Done here
Don't flatter yourself Fence.. Haven't asked you for anything. Simply disagreed with you and as usual you started your trash talking. Best wishes !!

Well, all I know is this: I am dang sure no cowboy! I been thrown off of every horse I have been upon, except for a saddle broke draft horse. Ironically, every woman i have been married to raised/showed horses.
I will stick to my buckets, pens, and 4wheeler and leave the cowboy work to the cowboys.( and I wouldn't hesitate to call them if I needed their services)

texan@heart":2nr8znbn said:
Had a guy show me a trick once. Put a Tums in your mouth when you are getting started. As you bury your head in her flank spit in the bottle. Head back to line and pour out your "milk". Might want to make sure you didn't draw the steer.
I caint stand a cheat.

bball":1mwdw5e5 said:
Well, all I know is this: I am dang sure no cowboy! I been thrown off of every horse I have been upon, except for a saddle broke draft horse. Ironically, every woman i have been married to raised/showed horses.
I will stick to my buckets, pens, and 4wheeler and leave the cowboy work to the cowboys.( and I wouldn't hesitate to call them if I needed their services)

"Every"?

texan@heart":3gp1vwbf said:

A little coffee creamer works too.

TennesseeTuxedo":tgeb204a said:
bball":tgeb204a said:

"Every"?
I did my best to recollect...6 horses. Couldn't recall how many times I was thrown from each. :shock:

bball":1pm3ljai said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1pm3ljai said:
bball":1pm3ljai said:

"Every"?
I did my best to recollect...6 horses. Couldn't recall how many times I was thrown from each. :shock:

I meant the marriages.

TennesseeTuxedo":3hxtmvsm said:
bball":3hxtmvsm said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3hxtmvsm said:

I meant the marriages.

I should have used both there. Married twice, never divorced.

M-5":15mgt5gh said:
bball":15mgt5gh said:
TennesseeTuxedo":15mgt5gh said:
I meant the marriages.

I should have used both there. Married twice, never divorced.
Muslim or Mormon?

Naw. Cancer took my first. Was fortunate enough to find a very special woman willing to take up with a numbnut like me. ;-)

Latest posts