Gotta call bs on these H-E-B Mexican cookies...

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Something is just 'not right' here. Wife brought home some cookies from Texas grocery giant H-E-B (A store I usually like very much) and the cookies were really good but...................... I'm unsure if this falls under hypocrisy or irony.. Reminds me of the old Pace picante sauce commercial about a different picante sauce product that "This stuff's made in New York city!"..
You be the judge.
A well known Texas company, selling Mexican cookies............................ that are made "somewhere else".

DSC00200.JPG

DSC00202.JPG

I like spicy foods but not in a cookie. I also like to check the label on most things I buy so if I saw a Mexican cookie made in Canada and sold in US, I would leave it on the self. I remember the ad that you mention in your post. seems like that was a long time ago.

Something is just 'not right' here. Wife brought home some cookies from Texas grocery giant H-E-B (A store I usually like very much) and the cookies were really good but...................... I'm unsure if this falls under hypocrisy or irony.. Reminds me of the old Pace picante sauce commercial about a different picante sauce product that "This stuff's made in New York city!"..
You be the judge.
A well known Texas company, selling Mexican cookies............................ that are made "somewhere else".

View attachment 21293

View attachment 21294
Funny...the package we have (free with a coupon special) that is supposed to imitate Oreos is a product of Mexico. Again, not a bad cookie but not an Oreo. And you do know, local demographics is catered to by HEB. Not saying it's a bad thing, but the "atmosphere" in your Copperas Cove store is going be different that the Cleveland stores which is different than the B/CS stores. They even have one on TAMU Campus now catering to students.

Funny thing about Pace Picante's get a rope ad that came out around 1992....they sold the company to Campbell Soup in 1994. Now that WAS a hanging offence. It's never been the same after all the tinkering Campbell did to it.

Funny...the package we have (free with a coupon special) that is supposed to imitate Oreos is a product of Mexico. Again, not a bad cookie but not an Oreo. And you do know, local demographics is catered to by HEB. Not saying it's a bad thing, but the "atmosphere" in your Copperas Cove store is going be different that the Cleveland stores which is different than the B/CS stores. They even have one on TAMU Campus now catering to students.

Funny thing about Pace Picante's get a rope ad that came out around 1992....they sold the company to Campbell Soup in 1994. Now that WAS a hanging offence. It's never been the same after all the tinkering Campbell did to it.
Kind of like Whataburger now.

You be the judge.

View attachment 21293

View attachment 21294
PACE wasn't necessarily made in Texas either. There was a contract canning plant in Las Cruces, NM that was locked down so no pictures could be taken while they were putting up PACE products. My father went in there to work on their equipment during one such product run. Eventually CONAGRA bought the place outright. You don't hear that commercial anymore, too.

You be the judge.

View attachment 21293

View attachment 21294

To be fair, It's not like they're made in New Jersey.

Latest posts