Cowboys on call

Help Support CattleToday:

texan@heart":2iyyv7xx said:
The term "Cowboy" is used too loosely. This is what a cowboy is.

http://www.amarillo.com/news/local-news ... -last-ride

A good while back I read the story Texas Monthly wrote about this and almost wished I hadn't. This young man was the real deal and a terrible thing happened that day. I know some folks who volunteered to help clean up and rebuild fences after the fires, they said it was devastating. Never even made the National news.

I went to a branding at one of the neighbors of my new place to be yesterday. I went to help but as it turned out there was more help than needed so I got to meet and visit with some of my new neighbors to be. They branded and vaccinated about 200 in three hours. There was about a dozen people who roped. They took turns with 6 ropers at a time in the pen. Calves were headed and heeled and drug to the fire. These people young and old knew how to handle horses, cows, and ropes. There were absolutely some hands involved.

Caustic Burno":3afwaqqc said:
callmefence":3afwaqqc said:
Caustic Burno":3afwaqqc said:
Your probably right that 900 acres on Armand Bayou was the largest I ever ran Brimmers on.

:bs:
You can't limit water on a 900acre pasture with any kind of normal rainfall
Except in the desert maybe..

The concept is not difficult it is called cross fencing.
If you don't have a rat trap you have failed the IQ test.

We went to "help" round up some cattle out west of Mineral Wells once. I don't think those cows had ever seen humans before. Some of them might have been part deer because they could jump a fence with a couple of feet clearance. There were some people there with good dogs. We got several.

It broke me from sucking eggs.

Sorry for the picture of a picture, but this is how we did it in my past life. All but a handful had been worked when I rode up on the hill to take this picture. That trap was good for 400 pair.

TexasBred":2ataxoea said:
bbirder":2ataxoea said:
Is there really a place in Texas called BRAGadocious?

CB was born there....weighed in at 14 lbs. 15 oz.....after circumcision he weighed a hefty 8 lb. even.

Banned 7 days.

TennesseeTuxedo":99f3pe7g said:
Mod2":99f3pe7g said:
TexasBred":99f3pe7g said:
CB was born there....weighed in at 14 lbs. 15 oz.....after circumcision he weighed a hefty 8 lb. even.

Banned 7 days.

Seriously?

It is simple enough. To much politics will get a post or thread deleted, name calling or attacks will get you banned. I don't read ever thread I do read every complaint.

Mod2":12oa7u15 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":12oa7u15 said:
Mod2":12oa7u15 said:
Banned 7 days.

Seriously?

It is simple enough. To much politics will get a post or thread deleted, name calling or attacks will get you banned. I don't read ever thread I do read every complaint.

Was there more to TB's post than I saw? Did you delete the offensive part and leave the funny part?

callmefence":1ptza3f7 said:
I mean it won't hurt TB he'll take a long nap and come back fresh......I thought it was a joke and a pretty good one at that.

It will do TB good to get some rest. The ones needing help on feeds and nutrition will have to wait until he gets back from vacation.

Latest posts