Counting Your Money

Help Support CattleToday:

And $1.50 for a bottle of plain water and $5.00 for a cup of coffee

not a chance in hades!!

(It's over priced at a $1 a cup with free refills, but I'll gladly pay it and be grateful it doesn't come in a little envelope from a box of C-rats. (MREs for you youngsters)
If I want a cup of coffee or a drink of water I'll pay 5.00 if that's what it takes. So will you.

not a chance in hades!!

(It's over priced at a $1 a cup with free refills, but I'll gladly pay it and be grateful it doesn't come in a little envelope from a box of C-rats. (MREs for you youngsters)
Yeah, but at least with the powdered MRE coffee you can cut it in with your dip and stay about as awake as a man can get.

There's a few expert analysts and myself with stated belief: ..."you have to over-look good sound reasoning, be reckless and be young and dumb to get crazy wealthy". Cryptos are a typical example....Bitcoin , etherum, lite coin...are a bunch of junk that clueless retards got wealthy with. Gamestop..AMC another one.
That really hurt my feelings until I remembered how much money I made. 😪 🤣

That really hurt my feelings until I remembered how much money I made. 😪 🤣
There isn't a market in the world that doesn't depend on *perceived* value. If you can work it, and milk those with too much or not enough faith in the unit of perceived value, then you make money. Buy low and sell high works with them all.

There isn't a market in the world that doesn't depend on *perceived* value. If you can work it, and milk those with too much or not enough faith in the unit of perceived value, then you make money. Buy low and sell high works with them all.
That's it. When I sit with these guys at the ranch they always say don't let your personal bs get in the way of an opportunity.

I wonder how much an ole boy would need to have rolling around in the market to have a liveable passive income and still maintain some growth? I'm not talking a world traveler just a good living.

I wonder how much an ole boy would need to have rolling around in the market to have a liveable passive income and still maintain some growth? I'm not talking a world traveler just a good living.
depends on if you have any debt or have to replace high cost items. SS and some savings is my story, but I don't have a lot of debt. I could pay off my truck, but I got a 2.75% loan on it and can get almost 4% on t bills, so I keep the payments until it turns around.

depends on if you have any debt or have to replace high cost items. SS and some savings is my story, but I don't have a lot of debt. I could pay off my truck, but I got a 2.75% loan on it and can get almost 4% on t bills, so I keep the payments until it turns around.
Ok lets say I wanted to live on $65-75k a year. Draw a salary so to speak. Then how much would a man need in there.

When I retired they said a million and you drawing 5% a year. That was in 2007 and still have growth.

Ok lets say I wanted to live on $65-75k a year. Draw a salary so to speak. Then how much would a man need in there.
I don't mean to be rude but if your going to need 75k per year to live you aren't likely to be getting it from cattle
I'm pretty frugal in some ways but it doesn't take me 1/3 of that to live and I sure don't go hungry.

I don't need life advice on how to spend my money. I just wanna know how much I need in the market to safely draw $70k a year and have a little left for growth. Dually pickups, roping horses, and barrel racers aren't cheap you know. 😑 my guess is $1.5 - 2 million but I'm no expert.

I don't need life advice on how to spend my money. I just wanna know how much I need in the market to safely draw $70k a year and have a little left for growth. Dually pickups, roping horses, and barrel racers aren't cheap you know. 😑 my guess is $1.5 - 2 million but I'm no expert.
I would say 2 is probably close today.
It's all about management as everything else.
I have been retired 15 years and I live the same as I did when I was working.
We are not pinching every penny either.
Good medical insurance is just as important IMO as good investments.

No growth got to have growth as well. If not the well will run dry in the downturns.
Well if a millions would generate that income then I'd have to say that ten percent more would allow a ten percent increase in growth. You'll probably make more than that on SS to spur growth so IMO the million is a good enough figure.

Latest posts