Anyone moving money to bonds ?

Help Support CattleToday:

We have the largest credit card debt in history along with loan defaults are going up.
This free lending is going to come home to roost.
To answer your question I have moved move heavily to bonds and mutual funds.
Interest rates at the banks are not bad. If the bank is FDIC insured, the money should be as safe as our Government.

Last edited:
I've been in cash for a long time because a downturn is inevitable. The market is way higher than can be justified. But I gotta say... it's amazing how the economists have kept the market stable for so long. Smart people. Still looking for the bubble to burst sooner rather than later. By the end of the week we should know if this is it.

I've been in cash for a long time because a downturn is inevitable. The market is way higher than can be justified. But I gotta say... it's amazing how the economists have kept the market stable for so long. Smart people. Still looking for the bubble to burst sooner rather than later. By the end of the week we should know if this is it.
YIKES!
Dow was up 315 earlier today, now 143.
Kinda like winter fighting with spring.

I bought 10k of i bonds last year that paid 7.12% until November 1st then rate was adjusted down to 6.89%
In January I bought 2k @ 6.89% and plan to wait and see May 1st adjustment before deciding whether to buy another 8k this year.
I bond rates adjust every 6 months.

Last edited:
Just looked at the futures board for but fat cattle and feeder cattle. The entire board is red. How long will the traders run for cover is the question.

I bought 10k of i bonds last year that paid 7.12% until November 1st then rate was adjusted down to 6.89%
In January I bought 2k @ 6.89% and plan to wait and see May 1st adjustment before deciding whether to buy another 8k this year.
when bonds start to go south the Dow , etc. should be heading north so bonds can be cashed and move to some ETF's of dividend stocks.

I don't get the decrease in rate. I was led to believe that the I-bond rates would follow interest rate trends, so higher rates as interest rates increase. But instead... the rate goes down?

I don't get the decrease in rate. I was led to believe that the I-bond rates would follow interest rate trends, so higher rates as interest rates increase. But instead... the rate goes down?
interest rate and inflation rate (weighted to inflation) = adjustment twice per year May 1st and November 1st

Last edited: