Counting Your Money

Help Support CattleToday:

you got my vote then.
inflation never goes down (except for real deflation), it just doesn't go up as fast as the month or year before. Thats why a nickel candy bar costs $1.50 now.
Yep. That's the difference between the price of some thing going up and the value of some thing going up.

The price of the candy bar went up, not the value.

People who don't understand that, love to brag about the price of their item being the same or going up. They don't realize the value is still the same.

Yep. That's the difference between the price of some thing going up and the value of some thing going up.

People who don't understand that, love to brag about the price of their item being the same or going up. They don't realize the value is still the same.
thats why tax on capital gains is a rip off.

That is definitely some thing to consider when selling in these conditions. You could be paying a lot on inflation, not value.

That's actually has to do with the point you missed on the material vs stock post. Stocks can be a good way to increase your wealth over the long term. But they seldom keep up with inflation . Goods and skills do.
If a person is producing anything and is not at retirement age. In my uneducated opinion the best investment is always in more efficient production.
If you're not productive.
Then nevermind..

you got my vote then.
inflation never goes down (except for real deflation), it just doesn't go up as fast as the month or year before. Thats why a nickel candy bar costs $1.50 now.
Not taking away from your point and a little off topic. Just pointing out.
We live in a world where people will pay 1.50 for a candy bar and byitch about a 50 cent egg.
You talk about no concept of value.

you got my vote then.
When candy bars were a nickel I did not have a nickel. But I can buy the $1.50 candy bar but I do not. Type II here.

When candy bars were a nickel I did not have a nickel. But I can buy the $1.50 candy bar but I do not. Type II here.
I love chocolate almost like an addiction. Thanks to the crazy candy bar prices I have almost broke it. Broke myself from soda pops about five years ago and have very little craving now. Back on counting your money topic I have more money because of it.

That's why when the money supply rises because the minimum wage goes up... prices rise too. Same number of people buying the same number of candy bars, and prices rise because those people have more money to spend on the same candy bars they place value in.

That's actually has to do with the point you missed on the material vs stock post. Stocks can be a good way to increase your wealth over the long term. But they seldom keep up with inflation . Goods and skills do.
If a person is producing anything and is not at retirement age. In my uneducated opinion the best investment is always in more efficient production.
If you're not productive.
Then nevermind..
I didn't miss any thing. I get that the materials and services of demand can keep up with inflation.

I do not agree that you can not beat inflation with stocks, long term.

I'm interested in passive income for me and future generations. I want myself and my heirs to do what they love and still be able to raise and enjoy a family comfortably. It is very hard to do that in ag businesses. It is very capital, time and physically intensive. Stocks are the complete oppose of that and fit that bill to the T.

I didn't miss any thing. I get that the materials and services of demand can keep up with inflation.

I do not agree that you can not beat inflation with stocks, long term.

I'm interested in passive income for me and future generations. I want myself and my heirs to do what they love and still be able to raise and enjoy a family comfortably. It is very hard to do that in ag businesses. It is very capital, time and physically intensive. Stocks are the complete oppose of that and fit that bill to the T.
I understand you want and I don't argue you might achieve it. But you might look a little farther back at history. If someone earns for nothing"no production" eventually someone has to pay the price. Its happened more than once and it would happen more often without support from the federal government. You should realize who you are depending on. Because it's not you.

Making a living off true passive income is very hard to achieve. Not saying it can't be done but it wouldn't be an easy slow growth type deal, especially in the stock market. On the other hand making a good living off a set of skills you have aquired through dedication and hard work is special thing and will always have value no matter the times.

That's why when the money supply rises because the minimum wage goes up... prices rise too. Same number of people buying the same number of candy bars, and prices rise because those people have more money to spend on the same candy bars they place value in.
Minimum wage is still minimum if 10 dollars or 20.
The booger eaters can't figure out you are still on bottom.
All cost slide up from there.

making a good living off a set of skills you have acquired through dedication and hard work is special thing and will always have value no matter the times.
Though the value of those skills may decrease significantly.
Within a few years Artificial Intelligence is projected to disrupt the labor market by replacing, not augmenting, 9% of white collar jobs.
Value of skill sets change. Electricity is a novelty, said the skilled 1890s candle manufacturers.

Within a few years Artificial Intelligence is projected to disrupt the labor market by replacing, not augmenting, 9% of white collar jobs.
Value of skill sets change. Electricity is a novelty, said the skilled 1890s candle manufacturers.
Some skill-sets will never be automated and personally I agree with Tucker Carlson that we should be limiting automation.

What do you think it will be like when mechanicals begin to do all human labor? Or will they take over the higher end jobs first? It almost seems like they are going to replace white collar workers first which I thought would be later than it looks now. I've heard a lot of people say, "It will free up people to be more creative.", but now they are showing off synthetic intelligences that write, do art, and create music. It's getting weird. I wonder how horse breeders felt about Model T's?

Latest posts