Bull for sale locally -- BA and Brahma

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
This is NOT a bull I'm interested in (or any bull that doesn't live in nitrogen, for that matter), but he's for sale locally and I'm just wondering what you think about him? I'm no judge of fine bulls, so I always appreciate viewing your comments about them as they show up on the boards to run the gauntlet! No, I don't know how old he is; have made no inquiries.

http://yakima.craigslist.org/grd/2767911357.html

Very sloppy sheath. Not sure about his shoulder. Wondering if he's slightly sickle hocked, but it appears he didn't move between the photos and the one hind leg is slightly under, so I don't know how square he really stands. Hasn't been pastured with any cows??? Appears to have been dehorned. He is certainly carrying some weight!

I'll be interested in what other people say.

underside not to clean head and shoulders not to clean or smooth, body looked thick but was just winter build up?

I'm no great judge but he doesn't look too bad for the price they're asking ($1800 ono). Hard to say without knowing his age and he doesn't look to have much brahman in him, but I've seen worse than him.

Red Bull Breeder":2dxcz1m7 said:
I don't see anything about him that makes me think Limousin.

No Limo. He has a big crest;if no hump, lots of leather too. It is a brahman cross, and if it is an angus cross, it is not dehorned, more likely a little scurred. I would have wanted more rear muscle to like him.

ANAZAZI":3fl9go90 said:
Red Bull Breeder":3fl9go90 said:
I don't see anything about him that makes me think Limousin.

No Limo. He has a big crest;if no hump, lots of leather too. It is a brahman cross, and if it is an angus cross, it is not dehorned, more likely a little scurred. I would have wanted more rear muscle to like him.
Besides the sheath, the bull doesn't exhibit ANY brahman characteristics. Look at that burley head . Short muzzle, short ears, longer hair coat, no hump, heavy boned. The head looks jus like a black limo maybe crossed with an eighth brahman cross

He is a bull that I would let go to the packers. Big shoulders could be calving problems, not a streight back and too heavy. He is brangus and something else. He is a has been ( a good bull)

With the scurrs I would count out a Angus, I think he is a beefmaster X, But he would not be classified due to the straight down sheath. He is and should have been cut due to the sheath deal,

Well, like I said, I know not a thing about this bull -- and I'm not in the market. But some of you, I think, are dreaming up all sorts of crosses that would not be here -- not in this area. I think I'll just email this seller through Craigs, and see what he has to say . . . . . and I'll let you know. :)

Latest posts