Brahma cross

Help Support CattleToday:

@Warren Allison
All I got was the sire was a full brahma bull.
He brought 7 calves.
One pretty good rwf heifer
One black bull calf
One looked just like this heifer but was a bull
The white char/bray??
Couple other misc heifers a little bigger but with ear. (Couldn't swing at them. Too high)
And a longhorn heifer with a broken (in a splint and STUNK BAD) right rear leg..... he took her back home. I could've taken her but didn't. He would've let anyone have her.
She most definitely is NOT WEANED.
Shes really in a tizzy right now, missing mama badly...
@puzzled in oregon
They all needed food!
We will see what she turns into.

Last edited:
I never said a cross, though a cross can also get you a grey cow with brown trim. I'm just wondering about the nose and feet and the kind of build of her wondering if maybe mama had some in her.
Or Brown Swiss. I have seen Red Brahma x Brown Swiss and Red Brahma x Braunveih that looked like this.

I never said a cross, though a cross can also get you a grey cow with brown trim. I'm just wondering about the nose and feet and the kind of build of her wondering if maybe mama had some in her.
That build is called malnourished.

That's a heck of a set of horns for that weight. My guess is some ones practice calf or science experience discarded.

That animal will forever be stunted.

@Warren Allison
All I got was the sire was a full brahma bull.
He brought 7 calves.
One pretty good rwf heifer
One black bull calf
One looked just like this heifer but was a bull
The white char/bray??
Couple other misc heifers a little bigger but with ear. (Couldn't swing at them. Too high)
And a longhorn heifer with a broken (in a splint and STUNK BAD) right rear leg..... he took her back home. I could've taken her but didn't. He would've let anyone have her.
She most definitely is NOT WEANED.
Shes really in a tizzy right now, missing mama badly...
@puzzled in oregon
They all needed food!
We will see what she turns into.
Did he say how old she was?

That's a heck of a set of horns for that weight. My guess is some ones practice calf or science experience discarded.

I can tell she needs feed, but she just don't look right to be a mix of brahma and any other common beef breed. You may have stuck it on the LH guess.

I'd just as soon have a pasture full of these to sell as any other Brahma cross. Same thing if I was wanting Brahma crosses for brood cows.
Oh yeah, really good mamas and their heifer calves are worth keeping because you can get a fantastic balance in them. I had a jersey x brahma named Purdy that gave me some fantastic heifers out of simmental bulls.

I wondered about the horns, too. But, I have seen LHs and Corrientes colored like a Jersey or Brown Swiss. If you meant calf roping practice calf, yes, I have seen them no bigger than this that are approaching a year old. They were usually weaned and started roping at a couple of months old. But, Murray said it wasn't weaned yet. A Brahma calf that is weaning age,. like 6 months old, ought to be closer to 500 lbs. So maybe this one is just 3 months old or so. But, that is a lot of horn, for even a pb LH or Corr at that age. The shape and circumference puts me in mind of Watusi, but they are usually not that color...usually more painted than that. It will be interesting to see how she turns out. She will definitely develop better with @MurraysMutts than if anyone ese had bought her that day.

Last edited:

Latest posts