Brahma cross

Help Support CattleToday:

@Travlr
I guess I did say what I gave for the li snot!
I didnt want anyone to think I was exaggerating on what I gave for em. I can't remember if I said what I gave for the lil bwf unweaned heifer when I got her or not.
They've both just been on grass all summer. I DID have a little money in weaning them a couple weeks. Feed etc.

Crossbred weighed 260lbs when I got her.
Weighed 620lbs today
$312 turned into $1021.01
$709.01 "return"

Bwf heifer weighed 350lb when I got her
Weighed 490lb today
$770 turned into $1245.91
$475.91 "return"

Top one and bottom one.
I deducted commissions in the above numbers.
View attachment 34974
I updated the thread on the "got a pretty"

I watched that sale for a little while today...400 to 500lb bull calves for over $300/100#... thought you would crush it

We bought this Brahman x pair, very docile and raises a really good calf.
The cow appears to be a LH or Corr cross as well. Maybe 1/4 or less Brahma. What kind of bull sired the calf? She has more Brahma characteristics than her momma does. Man, wouldn't you love to have a pasture full just like her? Breed them to an Angus to get rid of the horns and have black calves. What is the cow bred to now?

The cow appears to be a LH or Corr cross as well. Maybe 1/4 or less Brahma. What kind of bull sired the calf? She has more Brahma characteristics than her momma does. Man, wouldn't you love to have a pasture full just like her? Breed them to an Angus to get rid of the horns and have black calves. What is the cow bred to now?
I don't know what she was bred to, had to be Brahman x.
Yes I wish I had a bunch like her.

The light colored one?
They both cam in same time. I had to tell El to split em as one was weaned forever and the white one was right off mama. And there was 120lb difference. Glad I was there!
Pretty sure he was referring to the dark one. But I've slept a few days since then.

Now that u mention it, same guy did buy the white one!

Hope the guy has REAL GOOD fences for the white one.....:ROFLMAO:
She was jumper. Had I not been at the right place at the right time while sorting/loading she would've got out!!
He owns the place so I'm sure she will stay there for a while to wean. I hope he makes a cow outta her!

Funny...
They bought em both in the ring and we did our deal. They went to sort em seperate and the fun began.
I told em. Hey! U can pet the brown one. Don't try n pet the white one.....

This is the kind of docility I always see in the "good" Brahma-heifer stood in the middle of a bunch of folks, got doodled on, during a seminar today. They put her up after about 40 minutes because she started turning her head to the guy on the halter-that was her signal she was done. I suppose that's how responsive you have to be to keep them working for you.

Attachments

• 03C74D3C-1649-4524-A396-5E482E66040E.jpeg
    03C74D3C-1649-4524-A396-5E482E66040E.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 23E5F4F5-821E-49ED-B73E-C1E12652CA60.jpeg
    23E5F4F5-821E-49ED-B73E-C1E12652CA60.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16

Latest posts