Black Herefords are the next major breed!

Help Support CattleToday:

Seems to me the only ones sure to "increase their profits" are the owners of the foundation bulls - provided they can find enough people to use them. It is a free country but a question keeps jumping into my mind and that is "Why ?"

No doubt in my mind the black herefords are improving as well. Bet the first cpl black anythings weren't to superior.

So Massey are you quietly working on black shorthorns ?

The thing I see with these "black herefords", by forcing the use of the foundation sires, are limiting their scope for improvements that the other breeds may or may not have made. So we end up with less well performing black baldies at a higher price.

Not hardly, I'm waiting on all the fools to turn everything else black. Then youll see roan ascerted as quality and black won't signify anything.

I don't disagree that by forcing them to use foundation sires, theyre limiting their scope.

I just don't see or understand how one could subscribe to black anything (besides Angus or Galloway), but not black hereford. The black herefords, while inferior at the moment, are likely as "improved" as any of the black 'hybrids' were in their infancy.

Your inability to communicate in a reasonable manner prevents me from ever directly replying in response to your comments.

Shorthorns are the most fertile breed of cattle I've been involved with. Had several first calf heifers breed back within 60 days of calving while in a bcs of 4 after last summers drought.

If they breed some goggle eyes onto them I might be interested in acquiring some at a reasonable price. I don't want any with a solid white face.

Gassie I wouldn't go on about proper grammar, when you make a sentence with words like...

Massey135":cclp4d5b said:
If you're breeding plain cows, you better use a dirty bull or you'll nvr compete.
No doubt in my mind the black herefords are improving as well. Bet the first cpl black anythings weren't to superior.

Your English teacher wouldn't be to happy with you for using words like that :tiphat:

If you boys were building rockets,, your spelling "might" concern me.. but the cave man raised cattle and all they did was grunt , and scratch around.....

sim.-ang.king":3leywzjs said:
Gassie I wouldn't go on about proper grammar, when you make a sentence with words like...

Massey135":3leywzjs said:
If you're breeding plain cows, you better use a dirty bull or you'll nvr compete.

Your English teacher wouldn't be to happy with you for using words like that :tiphat:

I wouldn't encourage you to use it in formal writing, but there is nothing grammatically incorrect about using grammalouges. They are perfectly acceptable. Your misuse of the word "too" on the other hand...

Taurus":3bgoixxk said:
Massey135......have a good life with your shorthorns and I hope they are making $$ for you.

He should do quite well

Step dad and mom wanted nothing more to do with the 20 grade Angus cows (Free Cattle) that were left there than to pay taxes. I hung up my scwinn in the barn. It's still there. Folks paid for the feed if I'd take care of em. Is sit on the tailgate of the truck(Free Truck and Labor) and pour cubes while my mom drove. Funny how you remember struggling so hard to pick up a bag of feed. I got the excess $ over the land taxes in exchange. I always kept heifers. Some kids wanted go carts or playstations or w/e.. I wanted cows. A lot of birthday and Christmas heifers. I jus wanted a ride to the sale barn to buy more calves. Mostly heifers I'd keep. I never paid any taxes and always kept heifers. It's amazing how fast you can build a herd this way. (Ain't it tho) I can't even recall how many times when I was 11-12 I'd get dropped off at the salebarn with my $220 bucks I had saved from this or that and bought a calf. (Mom hauled you to the sale and hauled you and the calf home) I bottlefed calves before school for as far back as I can remember. My parents hated it, I loved it. My stepdad finally stopped paying for the feed when I was bout freshmen in hs when he had 12 cows and I had 40 lol. I'd always bribe help from guys at school with beer for help workin cows. (That should be minor in possession and contributing) God knows step dad wasnt takin off tie to help with it. Sold most of those cows off during my misspent youth 18-21. After college, (Mom and Dad paid this I betcha) I hit up the FSA for the beginning farmer rancher loan. They funded my purebred cows. Now I run some commercial brangus x cows on my family land and lease a cpl more hundred acres for my shorthorns. I'm hard headed and cow crazy. Any more questions?

Yessir...this self made entrepeneur has spit out the tit....... Look Out World. :lol: :lol2: :lol: :lol2:

I take it you were an orphan, TB?

Plenty of kids I know that came from much better upbringings wasted their youth blowing and going shootin smack and squandering every opportunity that came their way. True I've been fortunate, but I've taken advantage of every opportunity I could to become more successful.

Massey135":sbqvzryz said:
I take it you were an orphan, TB?

Plenty of kids I know that came from much better upbringings wasted their youth blowing and going shootin smack and squandering every opportunity that came their way. True I've been fortunate, but I've taken advantage of every opportunity I could to become more successful.
Yeah by being a rotten spoiled brat