Black Herefords are the next major breed!

Help Support CattleToday:

Warrior2154":3ql6y7fp said:
They do sound appealing for sure just wonder what demand will be like?

Think of them as an expensive black baldy.

C4Livestock":2stlm9tw said:
If you want to increase your profits and and still have the best quality check out http://www.Blackhereford.com

Self promotion and advertising

Against the rules of the forum

Perhaps the mods will delete and perhaps not

When the Herf breed book recognizes this bastardization - perhaps it will be a breed

However it will not happen in my life time and your breed book is only recognized in parts of the US of A where the rules are easily bent, broken or bought.

Just because you bred a dog to a cat does not mean you have a new breed

It has been "patented" - using the same method you would patent an invention - through industrial means - and not bred up.

What you have is a POS "ride the black train" idea that every colour "w h o r e" wants to jump on. Might as well go and get some Angus - the right colour and a dammed good breed of cow.

Best thing about Herfs is they do quite well despite the best efforts of people like C4Livestock

Why is it someone would take a good animal - cross it with a dairy cow and breed it back until it comes true to colour - and then call it a black herf?

Why not call it a Holstein Beef breed?

Because they want the name Herford

Every POS black herf charlatan out there that likes to play with beef and dairy and wants to get a leg up on folks will do what they have to do to make a dollar - and they want to do that NOT by improving the breed - but by enticing folks to spend their money on something new

Remember the alpaca, llama, ostrich thing?

Same difference here - something new and different.

But this playing with animals to industrially invent a "new breed" is about as immoral as your neighbour jacking up hay prices and raping you when hay is scarce.

Wait a minute - seems there are a bunch of those out there as well!

Have to go and fire up the chainsaw - got some wood to cut

Got to run - best to all

Bez

That's what I don't get. If you want to make baldies just buy a red Hereford bull and put him on angus cows. Usually those do the best at sale barns around here. I figured the price of the black Herefords would be expensive just not sure it's worth the money

snake67":uop3frkv said:
C4Livestock":uop3frkv said:
If you want to increase your profits and and still have the best quality check out http://www.Blackhereford.com

Self promotion and advertising

Why is it someone would take a good animal - cross it with a dairy cow and breed it back until it comes true to colour - and then call it a black herf?

Why not call it a Holstein Beef breed?

Bez

No different then anyone else promoting their breed

They black is from Angus not Holstein.

Really no different then black Siimenthals or Gelbviehs or Charolais other then those didn't have to start their own oranization.

First of all, There is no such thing as a Black Hereford.

second....never mind, the first said it all

TexasBred":26tuza8d said:
Alan":26tuza8d said:
Warrior2154":26tuza8d said:
They do sound appealing for sure just wonder what demand will be like?

Think of them as an expensive black baldy.
And an inferior black baldie
Why do you think inferior. If you use quality genetics you will lose some heterosis but the animals shouldn't be inferior. Not inferior except for the name that is!

Dun, the problem being you can only create a "black hereford" using their foundation stock, so in essence its only another money making pyramid scheme. They started out with inferior genetics and that is why after all these years they still can't even get the type right, let alone address weaknesses and beef conformation.

KNERSIE":2v3tivuv said:
Dun, the problem being you can only create a "black hereford" using their foundation stock, so in essence its only another money making pyramid scheme. They started out with inferior genetics and that is why after all these years they still can't even get the type right, let alone address weaknesses and beef conformation.
Therefore black herefords are still not popular breed....on other black baldies are still popular breed :lol:

KNERSIE":1z3zv7cj said:
I know that's how you create them but both sides had to start with registered angus and Herefords. It's a lot like when the Polled Hereford came along, anything that was polled was bred, the stringent selection criteria wasn't held up as it should have been. It did take some time for Polled Herefords to achieve the quality they have. It will take these loonys creating black Herefords years too. In affect they shot themselves in the foot by not culling hard enough.
I agree it's just a money making scheme, much like Salorn and some of the other bastardized lh crosses

If they left their herdbook open and allowed to be bred up from any registered angus and hereford they would have made much more progress. I couldn't understand why they couldn't get the basics right until I found out you had to use their foundation bulls!

KNERSIE":2fucep3z said:
If they left their herdbook open and allowed to be bred up from any registered angus and hereford they would have made much more progress. I couldn't understand why they couldn't get the basics right until I found out you had to use their foundation bulls!
If you didn;t have to use their foundatin bulls it would defeat the money making aspect

dun":34nnxog1 said:
KNERSIE":34nnxog1 said:
If you didn;t have to use their foundatin bulls it would defeat the money making aspect

Exactly! That is why I won't ever take them serious.

KNERSIE":168o6449 said:
dun":168o6449 said:
KNERSIE":168o6449 said:

Exactly! That is why I won't ever take them serious.

Kind of like this move they made. This is from the Black Hereford website;

"2011 - ABHA moves into its new headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri at 719 Walnut"

Seems there's another herd association headquarters in KC. It's just another tactic to ride the backs of Herefords to try to cash in on another black breed while trying to establish legitimacy.

Alan

KNERSIE":r3o83dhx said:

Right, just like simmys breeding up to purebred black Sim., the black hereford could of made some better animals by using the best of both world instead of getting stuck with their "super" Black herefords that you can only use their bulls.

Why do you think inferior. If you use quality genetics you will lose some heterosis but the animals shouldn't be inferior. Not inferior except for the name that is!
My mistake..most of what you see around here would be super baldies....herf over brangus. Great cattle, just enough ear and larger framed. Bell ringers as the big boys say.

Latest posts