Your Opinion

Help Support CattleToday:

Earl Thigpen

Reaction score
I was going to ask which you would buy, the Mule or Gator, but I've changed my mind. I'll just ask you folks your opinion on the Kawasaki Mule. I don't see anything on the JD website in the Gator product line that I can compare to so what do you think about the Mule 3010? The 610? Anyone own one of these models (or the equivalent in years past)? Had any problems with them?

Thanks,

Got a 7-8 year old 2510 4WD Mule.

Never had a problem. Would buy another if need be.

Friend bought a Polaris last year and has had bad luck with it.

Gator XUV would probably be the closest comparison. I hear they're having quite a bit of brake problems on them. Have you checked out the cub cadet? It's pretty good, and a lot cheaper than a gator. Don't know a thing about the mules.

What are you going to use it for. We looked at all the mule/gator etc and went with a utility golf cart. It has huge capacity and works great.

We retired our old Mules. They were 2510 13 yrs old and pre-600 that was 16 years old. Had minor problems with them the last few years and each year it got more frequent so we replaced both of them this year with a 610 and 3010. Had a 2510 diesel I got used and got rid of it after 3 months. The headaches from the noise wasn;t worth it.

dun":113xndxy said:
We retired our old Mules. They were 2510 13 yrs old and pre-600 that was 16 years old. Had minor problems with them the last few years and each year it got more frequent so we replaced both of them this year with a 610 and 3010. Had a 2510 diesel I got used and got rid of it after 3 months. The headaches from the noise wasn;t worth it.

You ditched the diesel? Wish I would have known you wanted to get rid of it, could have strapped it to the top of our caravan.

cfpinz

Earl Thigpen":2ceqkwtc said:
I was going to ask which you would buy, the Mule or Gator, but I've changed my mind. I'll just ask you folks your opinion on the Kawasaki Mule. I don't see anything on the JD website in the Gator product line that I can compare to so what do you think about the Mule 3010? The 610? Anyone own one of these models (or the equivalent in years past)? Had any problems with them?

Thanks,
I stopped and looked at the Woods UTV. Not a bad looking piece of machinery. I do not know the price. Any one had and experiance with one. Here is a website for them.
http://www.woodsequipment.com/utilityve ... 127_3219_1

Saw a Bobcat UTV with a hydraulic front loader this week-end, $15K seemed a bit high for my wallet.

cfpinz":3gaurmp4 said:
dun":3gaurmp4 said:

You ditched the diesel? Wish I would have known you wanted to get rid of it, could have strapped it to the top of our caravan.

cfpinz

You could have pulled it behind, that way you would have had a place for your "suitcase". You just liked it because you wouldn;t be able to hear your wife.

OK, thanks for all the info. I think your experience pretty much goes along with my research and the Mule has it.

As far as how it will be used I plan on using it to run my fences and make repairs when needed and maybe carrying a few bags of cubes (cake?) to the little darlin's in the Winter.

Wifie is really the one who wants it (the Mule, 'er the UTV) and I have no idea how she will use it.

Thanks!

Earl Thigpen":lrjm91zb said:
OK, thanks for all the info. I think your experience pretty much goes along with my research and the Mule has it.

As far as how it will be used I plan on using it to run my fences and make repairs when needed and maybe carrying a few bags of cubes (cake?) to the little darlin's in the Winter.

Wifie is really the one who wants it (the Mule, 'er the UTV) and I have no idea how she will use it.

Thanks!

The Mule/UTV works great for feeding small amounts. The pasture gets less ruts than it would in a truck and you can observe your cattle better.

They will get so that they will follow the mule anywhere.

The Kubota one is pretty nice too.

Earl Thigpen":37q0f7ok said:

Thanks!

Splurge and get the roof and windshield.
These uses aren;t recommended
mule-rake.jpg

mule-hay.jpg

My dad was trying to decide between a Gator and a Mule. Survey guys came to his place and he talked to them about it and they said they all use Mules since they have more ground clearance and didn't think they were quite as wide. My dad needs that so it will be a Mule for him.

We have a Gator and really like it but don't think it would do as well at my dads place as it does here.

I was able to buy a one year old, 130 hr Gator for $6001. A construction company bought it for one project and was willing to sell cheap. Construction workers did the "break in" so it may die any day.

I think the Gator is very well designed. It is low and wide and mine doesn't have the roll bar. I spray fences under low hanging tree limbs, so I appreciate low. Plus, you couldn't tip it over if you tried.

Maintenance is good. The machine is rugged. The transaxle is huge. The frame is stiff. The Kawasaki V-twin is a pleasant engine.

I don't haul hay with it, but it is a rare day I don't use it. I call her "Legs". That seat just fits my butt.

Latest posts