wifes got stomach cancer

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef":3trk03qm said:
well the surgery went as good as it could. he got in there and cleaned up an abcess bout the size of a tennis ball. got 2 drain tubes now. with a vac pump pullin on em. thankfully not much comin outta her.
morphine/doloto/and stuff I cant even remember or pronounce being pumped into her to keep her outta pain and asleep all day today. good thing cuz the pain must be unbearable by the looks of the gash in her stomach. we spent the night last night and she hardly slept thru the pain of it all. today she slept most of the day which was good...she needs to rest and recover from another big day under the blade.
my boy is cryin when we leave the hosp now..he don't wanna leave mommy. cries when he lays down to sleep. took to sleepin in moms spot with me now cuz hes afraid.
first day of school Monday. mom wont make it. gonna be a rough start to third grade. breaks my heart. I don't know how im gonna handle that...its gonna kill me.
:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Gary,
Hang in there if nothing else but for your son's sake. Hopefully his teachers are on board with this and will support him also. With the school systems we have today their hands may be tied and could cause more problems. Have you talked to them?
More prayers coming.

school will work with us...itll all be diff again Monday after school starts..idk...geez. least its summer and I got plenty of grass. cows are healthy but my feed business has bout dried up. people are calling and I cant be there. most of em getit but some of em I just tell im unavailable just get tired of calling back
oh well..not a lot I can do about
again I thank all of you for your faith and support

Gary, your doing all you can and then some the way I see it. All you can do is to keep on going and hopefully everything will work out. We're all thinking and praying for your family.

DB do whatever you have to do to get some rest for yourself.
Hospital duty can wear a man slap down to where he is not good for anything.
You can only go so far on determination even if you want to hang in.
If you have anybody to call on to help out, do it.
I'm not being negative but you can't afford to wear yourself down.
Been there, done that.

Ryder":b0h8d72x said:
Been there, done that.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Absolutely! Do not be too proud to call in some favors or call on folks who have offered to help. They want to help, let them.

Continued prayers for your wife, you and for Gage. I hope hos first day of school will give him a distraction for a little while.

Continue to keep all of you in my prayers especially Gage on his first day of school. I pray he gets an understanding teacher that will be extra patient with him. He needs all the love and understanding that he can get right now. His world is turned upside down.
Things will get better. We went through about the same thing with my husband after his cancer surgery. He got all the way home from Atlanta, three hours away, spent one night at home. Had to go back the next day. They did another five or six hours of surgery and he was up there another two weeks. You want her to be in good condition before she leaves the hospital. I pray that Angel will soon be much improved and back at home.

Workinonit Farm":mok0sn92 said:
Ryder":mok0sn92 said:
Been there, done that.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Absolutely! Do not be too proud to call in some favors or call on folks who have offered to help. They want to help, let them.
I had a very similar conversation with my brother just last Friday. If someone can---and wants to help--Let Them.

Yes, God does want us to put our burdens on his shoulders and in his hands but He also wants us to help one another. Almost always, there are friends and family that want very much to help, but feel helpless in these situations because they don't know what to do, where to step in, and are just waiting for someone to say, "Hey, ____ could you do (this) for me/us tomorrow?"
Let them, if for no other reason than to give yourself a little rest and to alleviate your friend's/family member's feeling of helplessness.
You would do it for them--let them do it for you.

days change quickly. yesterday we were out for a walk down the hall..even took the long way.
day turns to night and things changed for the worse again. more drainage problems. wound vac sucking air not getting the fluid buldup out. more dressing changes to keep the yucky stuff out of my belly. the pain when they do this is godawful bad. 1/2 hr of terrible burning and pain. then the mdications make me go off to sleep....
hoping to sleep it off and wake up feeling better later

I hate that this has happened and is still happening to you and yours DB. Praying that tomorrow is a better day and the days after as well.

thank you so much.

god willing we will be moving to home on Monday. sure to be another challenge managing the pain and everything else after that.
but its better than being here
I haven't worked in 5 weeks. been here more than home. this pos recliner they give us to sleep in is taking its toll on my body...I feel like the flu..cept I aint sick.
trying to keep gage happy and make things work is a real challenge. this really starting to wear on me...

As you know,I had stage 4 colon cancer,so here are some of my experiences .. Get her one of those slide under the mattress bed rails (tie it to the bed frame).. add a pull up bar in front of the toilet (if you can) Get her a very firm pillow to press against the surgery site if she must cough,or,God forbid,sneeze. Have a bedside phone.. If someone says "What can I do" tell them,Come run a load of laundry/clean the 'fridg/pick up some groceries/library --- you'd help someone else,now it's your turn to be helped.

I hope things will go better for all of you. I know how you feel after being at the hospital that many nights. It takes its toll on the caregiver. Accept all the help you can get after you get home.
My prayers continue for all of you. May God continue to give you the strength to get through this rough time.

we are so grateful that someone would think us worthy.

this is the kinda thing ya hear about but really don't pay much mind to. in march my sis inlaw got killed in a car wreck. she was the family bond. ya see it in the news everyday..but it don't really matter..til its yer family

this thing is beyond me..more than I thought capable of...but its catchin up..and im feeling it

thank you for anything. we expect nothing

im doing it but its the hardest thing ever..to do for someone else because I love her and I need her..me and gage both do

Hopefully she can come home soon, it won't be much easier for you, but it should be better emotionally, and that should help lift your spirits a bit.

Latest posts