wifes got stomach cancer

Help Support CattleToday:

been a pretty good cpl days. can almost start to see that light at the end of the tunnel. its pretty dim..but I think I can see it...
still have daily issues with nausea that just wont go away. but my guts are moving. that's a good thing! the dr is struggling a bit with the wound but they are making ground. probly got about a 1/2 inch of it closed up. only 3 more inches to go. healing is soooooo slow. but its coming along.
went for along walk with sis today. her being down ...from ohio is so awesome. she is so awesome. cant say enough about angels family. the best.
guys at work and friends are still doing anything they can and thank you so much to all of them.
hopefully ill have a computer for angel to use soon so she can update all this herself.
stay tuned...

me and Gage are so tired. poor little fella sleeps on the way to school and on the way home from the hosp. hr each way helps but i feel so bad for what has become his routine. 530 am we get up and get home bout 7 after visiting mom. his summer came and went. its nobodys fault..but it makes me sad for him.
he misses his mommy

Bless you all Gary.
Glad to hear there is some improvement. Do you have anyone to help with Gage, to and from school so he can sleep a bit more? I know that he needs to see his mom, and she needs to see him too. But it sounds like he needs some extra rest if possible.........

diesel beef,
as a newbie I would also join the many others sending my prayers for your wife and your family in this time of need. I have been reading since the first post and can relate to the trials and tribulations you are going through. Many prayers for you.

Also, prayers for any others with family going through rough stuff like this.

Having been in your position several times, I can tell yout hat constant but nice pleading does help. The nurses and folks aren't bad people, the system they are force to work in is. Hospitals think of money only and they use up their employees. Just keep asking nicely and you will get more help. I hate our hospital system!

soooo been a few days since we been on here. sorry bout dat...things have been up and down. riding the waves. the colon leak is ever present and wont go away. spent Monday with an innovative radiologist who tried a new type of biological glue on the leak. it actually filled the wound to the skin level with a type of plasma I think..coagulant.
it didn't work. 6 hrs later the leak came back.
still in acute care facility. still not able to eat or drink anything..
ben in the hosp with this since aug 3rd..soooooooo tired of it.
another apt with the moffitt cancer hosp for another evaluation of the wound and the cancer on Friday. lets hope for some good news for a change. hard to find any lately tho.
mostly in good health and fair spirits except for the persistant leak in the colon.
the iv pic line got infected and had to be removed. awaiting blood cultures now to see when it can be put back in so they stop blowing my veins up and swelling my arms into footballs every time an iv leaks under the skin.
so tired and frustrated.
cant seem to be able to do anything about this leak ..its the big deal still. cant move forward because of it. don't know if I can move onto another surgery to repair it. I cant stand the idea of starting over again.......

Thank you for letting us hear. My prayers continue for your healing as well as strength for each day and bright hope for tomorrow. After reading your post, I have no complaints about my aches and pains. They are minor compared to yours. God bless you.

Thanks for the update, dismal as it is. I am continuing my prayers for you all. I do detect that there is still a positive attitude there, that's a good thing.

Hang in there. There's lots of positive energy and prayers going out to you.

Bless you. Praying that the leakage will resolve soon.
If they offer to put in a Porta Cath. (Implanted port), that sounds like the way to go for your long term antibiotics. I am an IV Therapist and I can't imagine using a peripheral vein for what you may be getting. (Assuming that you may be getting antibiotics and maybe even Chemo??)

The frustrations that the nurses, doctors and hospitals all face are with the "Insurance" Companies and the State and Federal regulations all telling us what we can and cannot do. All trying to save money and cover THEIR butts. Sometimes our hands are tied, even when we know what is in the best interest of the patient. :(

You are all in our thoughts and Prayers.

cant be anything but positive.
I try very hard to keep everyone involved as positive as possible. lots of bad to focus on. the good is a bit harder to find....it aint easy to keep it up and when im alone it aint the same. its not as easy to talk myself into it.

its what I gotta do no matter what :cry: :cry2:

I'm not diesel, but I'm thinking that both he and his wife, Angel, are both posting at times.

It could be a similar deal as what my sister and her husband did, while he would be in the hospital for the week of Chemo, she would leave her laptop with him so he could get online, watch movies, etc.

im gary. angel doesn't get on an of the forums. on here its always me. I do her gofundme page and most of the updates.
angela carvis will get you to her facebook.
sometimes when I post it after I read it I do it like its her talking and sometime in my own words..i just win it but it gets the ideas out there

so anyways yesterday I got to making some phone calls. so we have this leak in her colon. they have everything else cleaned up and healed up for the most part. dr says let it ride. treat it like a colostomy until after the chemo treatments are done and then we will deal with it. or it might be healed by then on its own. he says we need to get going on some food and se how it goes. maybe do the feed bag at night when shes asleep just to boost her nutrition... right now we will not change anything until we see the cancer people Friday but it was an encouraging conversation. it was like a light shining down on us. if she gets away from the iv food she can go home.
I got my fingers crossed. gages birthday is the 20th. if she cant make it home by then she will be crushed. its all she talks about missing. so far it will be the worst day for her if she cant make it.
it will be like being reborn for her...being away from home for 2 mos being the kinda farmer ranchers we all here are its brutal.
hoping hoping hoping

board.png

hosp12.jpg

hosp9.jpg

the hardest part of this stuff sometimes is I gotta make everyone happy. I don't like not taking mom with us when we go to do something but I cant not do anything cuz mom cant be with us.

we haven't been camping or riding our dirtbikes all summer. he wants a day to ride for his birthday but how do I go without mom...

im gonna make his birthday good for them both even if she aint home....somehow. I got the conference room there...

wish us well at moffitt tomorrow kids....

man its what anyone would do. I cant imagine anyone doing anything else. its my wife. its my job. its my choice. if its what I gotta do I will. no matter what

That last pic is a good one.

I love her slippers!

Sounds like there's a possibility of making it home for Gage's birthday.

My nephew had a (somwhat permanent) port for a 'feed bag' for a few years. He'd get hooked up when he went to bed at night.

Keep up the Faith.

I have been saying prayers for your whole family. My brother had the feeding port for a very long time. He called it his smurf food. He did ask if they could put steak flavor in, so he could burp a steak. Attitude and prayer can heal so very much. Keep the spirit high.

Latest posts