wifes got stomach cancer

Help Support CattleToday:

yep...better...

I just threw that number out there cuz I was floored..totally. yes were not on the hook for it all but

what if we were ..supposing that you couldn't pay it....people would die

That is the way to look at it. Your main focus now is trying to get the best care that you can for your wife. So thankful she is at home. I know that is a great comfort to have her out of hospital. Prayers continue for all of you.

tomorrow is the day we find out the future. hoping for a optimistic outlook from the oncologist. no matter what still facing a future surgery to repair the fistula on her stomach. basically its a bowel resection surgery. dangit tho.

so far they have been very positive the cancer isn't going to be a very big deal....im not a religious man really but im asking god for some help on this one!

I hope your next appointment goes well. This is really scary stuff, and I'm sorry that you (or anyone) has to deal with it.

didn't realize it had been so long since ive posted. wifes going thru chemo now. some are good and some are bad. Thursdays she can spend the whole day puking non stop. but last week she had no side effects at all.
she had to have stint in her kidney and that's the worst thing ever. painful. cant get away from it.
in good spirits. we wont let it drag us down.
drs don't know. they tell us she will get better or she wont. that's a fine ta do huh? 1 yr? 2 yrs? not long enough :cry2:
idk what else to say..
we just keep on keepin on

thank you for all your prayers and support..

gary ,angel @ gage

Just keep praying and fighting. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. Thank you for letting us hear.

Sorry to hear she and your family's still going thru such a bad time with the chemo. I will keep her and you on the prayer list.

Been watching my twin go thru it for a couple months up until week before last. His last chemo was 1st week of January, and now they are waiting for some of it to clear out of his body before all the diagnostic scans next month. He was down here yesterday--65 yrs old and he looks 85. He looked much more like my father than he did me. He was on the chemo drip bag at home most of that time--and stronger chemo treatments in dr office the rest of the time. 2 weeks on chemo--one week off. We find out in 17 days, if the chemo worked or not.

His chemo/radiation side effects have been loss of his hair, beginning to lose fingernails, chemo induced neuropathy in his feet and lower legs, his fingers don't want to work right and are stiff and curled up like he had arthritis real bad, loss of closeup eyesight, (he walks into objects) always has a cold, and of course, all the vomiting and diarrhea. Said the only thing that still tastes like it should is an apple. Other than the above, when he is between chemo treatments, you wouldn't know he was ill.

the worst thing is...I cannot ease her suffering..i fix everything...but I cant fix this. if I could make her pain free for one day..one whole day....

DB, I wasn't on CT when this first happened. My family and I will pray for you and your wife and family. I know you said you weren't a religious man, but the only one who can comfort you in this situation is God. I sure hope she gets better.

Continued prayers also, only hoping and praying for the best....... Stay strong for your family and lots of us will continue praying.

Latest posts