Colon Cancer

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Morning news: Colon cancer rates are increasing in those under 55 at record rates. While at the same time colon cancer rates are decreasing in those over 55. American Cancer Society says they don't know why this is happening. But believe excessive weight at earlier ages and excessive consumption of heavily processed foods might be the underlying reason.
duh - ya think?

p.s.
Bad news: cancer researchers say 10% of colon cancer patients will die no matter how early it's detected.
(but that's not a message anyone wants to hear)

Last edited:
This is a bad deal. Easy to get tested and should be subsidized for people without insurance. Imagine the money that would be saved by cutting out a pollup rather than go through cancer treatment.

Morning news: Colon cancer rates are increasing in those under 55 at record rates. While at the same time colon cancer rates are decreasing in those over 55. American Cancer Society says they don't know why this is happening. But believe excessive weight at earlier ages and excessive consumption of heavily processed foods might be the underlying reason.
duh - ya think?

p.s.
Bad news: cancer researchers say 10% of colon cancer patients will die no matter how early it's detected.
(but that's not a message anyone wants to hear)
Yeah... processed foods. I'm a firm believer that they are a bad idea.

Mom died of colon cancer when she was 76, Grampa died of something having to do with abdominal problems. I stay away from processed foods.

I also am very careful to only cook red meat medium rare. Anything more done changes the chemistry of the meat to create carcinogens.

My wife is a 10 year colon cancer survivor! She was almost a year late for her annual check and it was stage 3. If she had gone on time they said it would have probably been stage 2 and she wouldn't have had to have chemo.