Got warm

Help Support CattleToday:

Long range (monthly) forecast for me shows no freezing temperatures for all of February. Lowest night time temps are only forecast to be 38*F and that won't happen until 3rd week of Feb. Perhaps the rodent got it right.

It rained her last night, and it was very icy when I went out the start the tractor. By the time I got out to go feed it rained and warmed up just enough to not be so slick. We are supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow for tonight.

Rained about a half inch here since around 5 a.m. this morning. Good rain for us. I think the frost went out late last week in most places except the shaded areas and meadows. Soaking right in. Still a lot of winter to go, but the past week has been real nice.

This time last year the neighbors were running a 200 HP tractor with a 12' blade trying to keep roads open that kept drifting shut from January 22 to end of March. We could still get something like that, but I hope not.

Started day with jacket ,sweat shirt and T-shirt..now down to T-shirt..went to peeling layers off around lunch

Have to feed early in the morning before everything thaws. A few days from now it won't even freeze at night. Not normal, unsure if this is better or worse than too cold.

Latest posts