She got me...

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I was in Harbor Freight this morning to buy a belt sander. I had my debit card in hand and was waving it around over the screen. The woman checking me out said you have to put it right here and pointed to the center of the screen. Of course, it worked. I replyied.. thanks, I never know where to tap these things.

She replies... it's OK, most men don't. 🫢🤣

I busted out laughing and there were two older guys behind me that both cracked up. She just had a smirk on here face.

Are their belt sanders any good? I have an old off-brand 21" belt sander that has a bearing trying to lock up on the roller drive end and need to replace it, but it's 40 miles to the nearest Harbor freight. My old one looks exactly like one being sold at Ace Hdw under the Stanley brand name.

Are their belt sanders any good? I have an old off-brand 21" belt sander that has a bearing trying to lock up on the roller drive end and need to replace it, but it's 40 miles to the nearest Harbor freight. My old one looks exactly like one being sold at Ace Hdw under the Stanley brand name.
I'll see how this one works. The reviews were good. It's the 3x21 Bauer with a cord. It was pretty reasonable. Not crazy about the cord but couldn't justify the cost of a battery one. If I find myself using it more than I plan I'll get the dewalt 20v to match my other stuff.

I'll see how this one works. The reviews were good.
When I read reviews, I usually click on the 3* reviews first because the 4 and 5 star reviews are almost all (in my opinion) weighted to the + side by fake reviews.

The 3 star reviews on that Bauer, aren't very good. Lots of complaints about dust not getting blown into the collection bag and quite a few complaints about the plastic belt tension release lever breaking off.

I wish I could find parts for mine but the drive assembly doesn't look like it is made to be disassembled. I would have to go look but I think it's one of HF older cheaper brands, maybe Chicago Electric. I really dunno where it was originally sold, as I bought it 2nd hand for $20 a couple of years ago and honestly, I have used/abused the livin crap out of it so I can't complain much..

I wish they made one that actually blew the dust in the bag better, but almost all of them are lacking in that aspect.

Last edited:
I'll see how this one works. The reviews were good. It's the 3x21 Bauer with a cord. It was pretty reasonable. Not crazy about the cord but couldn't justify the cost of a battery one. If I find myself using it more than I plan I'll get the dewalt 20v to match my other stuff.
The only brands I will never buy again are DeWalt and Ryobi...

The only brands I will never buy again are DeWalt and Ryobi...
I used it today. I am far from a carpenter and was not doing finish work by any means but it worked pretty good. There is a lot of plastic so it does feel like a toy with a motor on it. It's light enough not to wear you out but has enough weight to eat some wood up.

When I read reviews, I usually click on the 3* reviews first because the 4 and 5 star reviews are almost all (in my opinion) weighted to the + side by fake reviews.

The 3 star reviews on that Bauer, aren't very good. Lots of complaints about dust not getting blown into the collection bag and quite a few complaints about the plastic belt tension release lever breaking off.

I wish I could find parts for mine but the drive assembly doesn't look like it is made to be disassembled. I would have to go look but I think it's one of HF older cheaper brands, maybe Chicago Electric. I really dunno where it was originally sold, as I bought it 2nd hand for $20 a couple of years ago and honestly, I have used/abused the livin crap out of it so I can't complain much..

I wish they made one that actually blew the dust in the bag better, but almost all of them are lacking in that aspect.
Ya it doesn't collect much dust but I'm not sure how it would. If you have 6" of belt on wood a lot of it goes out the side. The tensioner and pretty much every thing is all plastic.

It's HF. It is what it is. I will say I have walked in with stuff before that broke and they just swapped it out so if your not really relying on it it's not too bad.

Oh, I have bought several things from HF. Clamps, a power jig saw, a vibratory sander, a mini trim router. Everything but the bar clamps and little trim router held up fairly good. (I'm always leery of power tools that come new with a spare set of brushes in the box...the router did, and for good reason )

It's HF. It is what it is. I will say I have walked in with stuff before that broke and they just swapped it out so if your not really relying on it it's not too bad.
The difference between a really high quality tool with a lifetime warranty, and a low quality tool with a lifetime warranty... is that when the low quality tool breaks it gets replaced by another piece of crap.

I have a tabletop HF belt sanders and use it just about daily.

Last edited:

Latest posts