Got warm

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks pretty soup-y

Is the ground still frozen under all that water? That'd be a MESS!

We are nice n warm down here. 60s today and all week. It won't last. False spring. But I'm loving it!!

Warm here too. Got over 50" of snow in like 10 days with temps well below zero.

Now it's above freezing and turning into a lake. Frozen ground and rapidly melting snow. 10 day forecast doesn't show any cold weather returning.

We are rapidly becoming mud city. If the frost goes out we are in real trouble. Not to mention the effect this could have on alfalfa plants.

Welcome to the world we live in in the Upper South. We had a week of below freezing and -10 and -12 degree lows, followed by two inches of rain and near 50.
Mud City about describes it. Really hard on pastures. You have to have a sacrifice area for the cows for any sod disappears.
It is hard not to waste already scarce hay under these conditions.

It was pretty nice here yesterday and today. Took my open cow to get butchered yesterday, and today I clean some hay out of the bunk where I had been feeding her. It was warm enough this afternoon that I had to take off my coat and was working up a sweat.

I was like that early last week. Warmed up enough to melt the snow but the ground was still frozen. Sure turned things into a sloppy mess. Things have been slowly drying out. It hit 50 the last two days. That really helped dry things out. But the river is up some.

I was like that early last week. Warmed up enough to melt the snow but the ground was still frozen. Sure turned things into a sloppy mess. Things have been slowly drying out. It hit 50 the last two days. That really helped dry things out. But the river is up some.
Is that too early there for high water also?

A lot of B C that should have 3 feet of snow is bare. Experts are saying wet summer, time will tell.

Latest posts