Who manages the House Managers?

Help Support CattleToday:

IDK.....I noticed something around here. The Trump flags still fly proud at lots of gates. What few biden flags there where have been taken down....
Don't get me wrong, his base is still as loyal as ever. If the Republican party held a primary today, he'd probably be their nominee for 2023. The problem for them is that he'd almost certainly lose again in the general election.

Republicans need to find a way to keep Trump's supporters in the fold and win back some of the suburban voters and women that left them in 2020. That's not going to be easy, especially as demographic changes continue. Look at the splits of party affiliation by age. Long term, they're going to need to soften their messaging a little bit and reach out more to the millennial/gen Z crowd, or they're toast. Trump is not helping with that.

Don't get me wrong, his base is still as loyal as ever. If the Republican party held a primary today, he'd probably be their nominee for 2023. The problem for them is that he'd almost certainly lose again in the general election.

Republicans need to find a way to keep Trump's supporters in the fold and win back some of the suburban voters and women that left them in 2020. That's not going to be easy, especially as demographic changes continue. Look at the splits of party affiliation by age. Long term, they're going to need to soften their messaging a little bit and reach out more to the millennial/gen Z crowd, or they're toast. Trump is not helping with that.
I think a lot of that depends on what happens in the next four years as people have a short memory. We are getting almost past Trump and pretty soon the problems other people will get blamed and there will be problems. A few larger cities are were the votes came from that beat Trump and those people are hard to keep happy.

No doubt a lot of people still support Trump. During the run up to the election I noticed around many more Trump signs than Biden signs and our state's vote breakdown was consistent with that observation. In other places and especially in the metropolitan areas it apparently was a different dynamic due to more swing voters.
I'm not a big fan of the rigged election theory. I certainly believe it's possible, but idk.
I do believe the mail in voting made the difference. The democrats put people in low income urban neighborhoods , ghettos to be honest. Door to door to "aid " people in filling out their ballots. People who have never voted before. And it was done with great strategy in key area's. Combined with a sensitive delicate generation of voters who voted with emotions instead of paying attention to policy. Trump got beat. I also see many that appear to be seeing the error in their decision. The new administration could quite easily make the republican party stronger... Many a slip twixt the cup and the lip.....

I don't think that most Trump supporters see what he has done. They believe every that he and the rightwing commentators say as gospel truth. It may work in the sense of preaching to the choir, but many who supported him the first time either did not support him the second time or did so only because they felt they didn't have any other option.
We saw exactly what he did for 4 years to improve this country and we wholeheartedly supported him.

Still do.

I'm not a big fan of the rigged election theory. I certainly believe it's possible, but idk.
I do believe the mail in voting made the difference. The democrats put people in low income urban neighborhoods , ghettos to be honest. Door to door to "aid " people in filling out their ballots. People who have never voted before. And it was done with great strategy in key area's. Combined with a sensitive delicate generation of voters who voted with emotions instead of paying attention to policy. Trump got beat. I also see many that appear to be seeing the error in their decision. The new administration could quite easily make the republican party stronger... Many a slip twixt the cup and the lip.....
You are likely correct that there was and has been a concerted effort to register new voters. not sure its limited to so called ghettos. Where we are there is a considerable number of folks who live in rural areas that among the most impoverished areas in the country. Have heard folks from some of those places say that the only time a politician goes up these hollers is around election time.
The emotions that likely lead some voters to vote differently was fear of what the policy could cause.

I don't think that most Trump supporters see what he has done. They believe every that he and the rightwing commentators say as gospel truth. It may work in the sense of preaching to the choir, but many who supported him the first time either did not support him the second time or did so only because they felt they didn't have any other option.
He got 11 million more votes in the 2nd election.

Last edited:
I wish some of our more liberal members here would watch this clip and comment on the hypocrisy.

They won't however, because they can't defend it.
I watched it and don't see any hypocrisy. Everyone has a right to be concerned about the election. When every investigation and recount supports the original conclusion, it's time to accept reality, not attack congress.

I wish some of our more liberal members here would watch this clip and comment on the hypocrisy.

They won't however, because they can't defend it.
When everyone has the right and the way to vote and are educated in the way for their vote to count. When this happens the GOP are screwed. Trump lost and is forever history.

Looks like the 2nd Amendment is still on the burner....Somebody either has their wires crossed or there is a new cook in the kitchen.......
stay tuned.....

Because relying on people who are to ignorant to get to their polling station on their own to make decisions on who should be leading this country is a genius idea. If they were actually educating them to make good decisions when they vote that would be different. The way they get votes is like riding around in a panel van handing out lollipops to kids.

Fence, I'm honestly afraid it was rigged. I think it was even rigged against Bernie. Yes, he was a communist, but he wouldn't go along with cheating, so they dumped him. Biden would, so they strapped their packs to him. I'd like to have enough faith in our leaders and our judicial system to think that would never happen. a rigged carnival game comes to mind. You see it, and you think you can win, but there are forces working against you that can't be seen. What were those forces in the election? I don't know. The obvious answers will eventually be disproven. I think the answer lies in the not so obvious. Our own Mitch Mcconnel gave a 15 minute speech about how bad he hated Trump, and then voted not to impeach. When your own kind can't stand ya, the culprit could be anywhere. If it was stolen, I'd like to know how. I love this country. This country was built by the little men. It'll be destroyed by the big men. Men that have never built anything. Men that have never worked an honest day in their life. They play the system, and the checks they cash are on us. It HAS to stop.

I totally respect your opinion, and hope your right. I'd like to lay my head down tonight with the thought that something like this could never happen. But.......I know that money and power changes people. Very few people are incorruptible. Somewhere somebody sold their conscious.

When everyone has the right and the way to vote and are educated in the way for their vote to count. When this happens the GOP are screwed. Trump lost and is forever history.
What you say is true. Reminds me of this famous quote.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage."
― Alexander Fraser Tytler