Wyoming History: The Wyoming Rancher Who Kept Wolves And Hung His Neighbors

Help Support CattleToday:

Never herd of him before. Sounds like a neighborly chap.
I should have asked more questions about the stories my Grandmother and Aunt used to tell.

Thanks for sharing this. The true stories of what things were really like, are `a lot more interesting to me, than hollywood versions or politically- correct, re-written history.

The west was a lot wilder than a lot of people realize. Still is in some ways. One of my neighbor's family got their ranch because the man who sold it was held down by another neighbor with a gun stuffed into his mouth. That was an argument over irrigation water in the late 1950's.

A friend of mine, his great grandfather was a body guard for J.B. Okie

A pasture maggot rancher probably needed a body guard in those days..may still need one.

If ya like real history that really hits hard in the face of what hollyweird and TV showed, do some hard looking at the Texas Rangers. By almost all accounts, they killed lots of folks in cold blood just because of the color of their skin and the foreign language they used. Cordell Walker, Capts Call and McRae they weren't....

Last edited:
I remember one time a man raped a young girl then fled to Mexico. Some Texas Rangers went to Mexico and brought him back. Left him tied to a tree naked at a highway rest stop since it wasn't a legal arrest.