When the next git-together?

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE":354cb1en said:
we have to have a beauty contest at this shindig! whose gonna judge it though? hmmmmmmm??????
Just to be fair to all parties involved I think you need an objective international judge from a neutral country.
(Did I mention that I just happen to live in a neutral country?)
:lol2: :clap: :lol2:

Yes RC ~ All of my people eat lutefisk. If I put it on the table, they eat it. They are good little Norske's. :nod: I told them long ago if they don't thank me (or whoever does the cooking) for supper, they have to do all supper clean up. So one time one of them said "Thank you for supper, it was good." I said "Liebling, you don't have to lie ~ just say thank you." :lol2: I don't remeber what it was, I think something from Chrisy's menu....... :frowns:

Hey Cal not to sure as I only know of this food stuff that is eaten here by others, can't say as I have tried any of it, the thought just turns my stomach. All I do like is the roast beef dinner and crumble desserts.
Chris.

chrisy":2k7oxbqa said:
If I can make it over I'll cook you some real British Dishes.....England..Black Pudding at breakfast, (Dried pigs blood wraped in intestings) then for lunch we will go Scottish and have us some Haggis, (pork. lamb and spices all wrapped up in a lambs stomach) then for Dinner we can go Irish and have Tripe, I think you all know what that is, (cows udders for anyone that dosen't) cooked slowly in milk. OK! back to the serious best one, a nice hunk of Silverside Beef roasted with loads of Potatoes, green beans, cauilflower, and Yorkshire Pudding and gravy. followed by Apple or Rhubarb Crumble and Custard. yummy! finished off with a nice cup of English Tea. what Oh!

Code:
Chrissy no offense, but unless tripe is something completely different there than it is here, it is supposed to be the stomach from a cow, not the udder.  The rest of the menu sounds pretty good especially the blood sausage. My family makes Sangere. (Blood pudding) made with pigs blood, raisins, chocolate,orange peel and reduced wine, or honey. My ex brother in law was a Scott and his mom fed us Haggis ONCE we never mooched another meal off her again.

3way thank you I stand corrected as you say tripe a cows first stomach, still pretty yuck! I don't mind heart, liver and kidney but I draw the line to stomach, brains and Blood. I remember when I was a little girl, my Dad and Grandad eating all the things I mentioned, they tried hard to tempt me and I would run and hide behind Gran or Mum. If you like tripe anyone Why not try the recipe below.

Cow Udder Eclairs

12 fresh lean cow udders
1 pint of whipping cream
1 cup of brown sugar
1 can artichoke hearts
1 stick butter
1 small filleted smelt
1 container of Nair

Soak the cow udders in Nair to remove the hair. Repeat several times if
necessary until all hair is removed. Rinse in warm water. Place a stick of
butter into a warm frying pan. Wait until all of the butter has melted,
then add the cow udders. Fry them for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Chop the artichoke hearts and smelt on a cutting board into fine pieces. In
a large bowl, add the whipping cream, brown sugar and the chopped artichokes
and smelt. With a mixer on low, whip until creamy with a consistency like
vanilla pudding. Remove the udders from the pan and make a long slice down
the side of each udder. Spread the pudding mixture into each slit. Serve
warm or cold and have an "Udderly Wonderful" snack.

hey I can't help it if I am one sick puppy!!!!!! :banana: :wave:

Latest posts