When the next git-together?

Help Support CattleToday:

After reading those menu's,,,I feel sick think I might have to think twice if that is all that's on the menu.
vomit_emoticon.gif

AGREE! Im thinkin the lutefisk is better than any of that um, it aint food, stuff, junk, um, whatever, flaboy has on the menu!

Ok ~ How much longer am I going to have to ignore the lutefisk slander? All lutefisk is, is cod fish cured in lye. Sure it smells, but I'm thinking so do a few of you guys :help: , and we put up with your hanging around. I will even look the other way if you feel the need to throw some sauce or peppery stuff on it (no bhb, not chocolate :roll: ). I have a cooler full packed and ready, I am just waiting for someone willing to haul me (and it) to the gathering. MM is refusing. :cry:

angie":ckocabgk said:
Ok ~ How much longer am I going to have to ignore the lutefisk slander? All lutefisk is, is cod fish cured in lye. Sure it smells, but I'm thinking so do a few of you guys :help: , and we put up with your hanging around. I will even look the other way if you feel the need to throw some sauce or peppery stuff on it (no bhb, not chocolate :roll: ). I have a cooler full packed and ready, I am just waiting for someone willing to haul me (and it) to the gathering. MM is refusing. :cry:

Some things you just DO! MM refusing to haul lutefisk is the same as a TN person refusing to haul shine. Violates the "code". I'd kick her up to Canada.

john250":3n7vhuv3 said:
angie":3n7vhuv3 said:

Some things you just DO! MM refusing to haul lutefisk is the same as a TN person refusing to haul shine. Violates the "code". I'd kick her up to Canada.

Stirring the pot there John? :roll: I have no problem what so ever picking you up Angel, but there will be no lutefisk and only one calf that I know of that will ride in my pick em up truck! 8)

I am not sure exactly how many times I have posted this, but maybe it will stick in this time. NOT ALL MINNESOTANS LIKE LUTEFISK! As far as that Canada thing goes, will be kicking my heels up there in June :D Beware my Ontario friends! ;-)

MistyMorning":1cgif8xb said:
john250":1cgif8xb said:
angie":1cgif8xb said:

Stirring the pot there John? :roll: I have no problem what so ever picking you up Angel, but there will be no lutefisk and only one calf that I know of that will ride in my pick em up truck! 8)

I am not sure exactly how many times I have posted this, but maybe it will stick in this time. NOT ALL MINNESOTANS LIKE LUTEFISK! As far as that Canada thing goes, will be kicking my heels up there in June :D Beware my Ontario friends! ;-)

We got transportation to the git together, the big camper bus! Stop in MN and pick you and the lutefisk up - on the cross country tour! Aint lye poison? why would someone soak fish is lye? I think it is necessary to haul it so it can be on the menu to. i gotta try this fish. :nod: comeon mm, you gotta take the tour with us.

RebelCritter":1rddie09 said:
We got transportation to the git together, the big camper bus! Stop in MN and pick you and the lutefisk up - on the cross country tour! Aint lye poison? why would someone soak fish is lye? I think it is necessary to haul it so it can be on the menu to. i gotta try this fish. :nod: comeon mm, you gotta take the tour with us.
Thank you RC ~ is always good to have friends with low standards! :nod:

Sure lye is a poison, but what don't kill you will only make you stronger I always say.
I can;t think of the name right now, and have never eaten it ~ but don't you people eat corn soaked in lye? I think it is big and white (maybe?). Help me out someone!

For sure you will have to try the lutefisk! As I have said before, it grows hairs on your chest so we normally only eat it in the winter (like our cattle, we need all the hair we can get up here!! :frowns: ), but it will make good conversation at the party ~ yes? No, I will not being wearing a 2 piece or any other type of bathing suit for that matter. I don't think I even own a short sleeve shirt. I may not be the best dressed one there, but I will be the MOST dressed one there :nod:

As a person of Scandinavian descent I feel I need to stand up for Lutefick too. You don't hear us bashing some of your questionable dishes. Also my neighbor is a Geoduck diver for the state. I was just over at his place last night and he had several in a bucket. I am sure I can make some available to put on the menu.

Dave":2rtw1wtv said:
As a person of Scandinavian descent I feel I need to stand up for Lutefick too. You don't hear us bashing some of your questionable dishes. Also my neighbor is a Geoduck diver for the state. I was just over at his place last night and he had several in a bucket. I am sure I can make some available to put on the menu.

It's all in fun Dave. :tiphat:

I know it is in fun but bashing lutefisk is ..... almost un-american. And besides, believe me there are worse Norsky things than lutefisk.

I still want to know how many geoducks are needed. Place your orders now as they are actually in high demand.

Dave":hfvlb4f6 said:

You won't believe it but they have a Lutefish festival of some kind if Clifton, Texas. It's the Norwegian capital of Texas. Now I've never eaten a lutefish but if I ever make the festival I'll look it up and maybe glance at it or take a sniff but if it's as bad as some say I'll just go straight to the possum sauteed in arsenic and sweet taters along with the chittlins and carp.

If I can make it over I'll cook you some real British Dishes.....England..Black Pudding at breakfast, (Dried pigs blood wraped in intestings) then for lunch we will go Scottish and have us some Haggis, (pork. lamb and spices all wrapped up in a lambs stomach) then for Dinner we can go Irish and have Tripe, I think you all know what that is, (cows udders for anyone that dosen't) cooked slowly in milk. OK! back to the serious best one, a nice hunk of Silverside Beef roasted with loads of Potatoes, green beans, cauilflower, and Yorkshire Pudding and gravy. followed by Apple or Rhubarb Crumble and Custard. yummy! finished off with a nice cup of English Tea. what Oh!

chrisy":1007tk70 said:
If I can make it over I'll cook you some real British Dishes.....England..Black Pudding at breakfast, (Dried pigs blood wraped in intestings) then for lunch we will go Scottish and have us some Haggis, (pork. lamb and spices all wrapped up in a lambs stomach) then for Dinner we can go Irish and have Tripe, I think you all know what that is, (cows udders for anyone that dosen't) cooked slowly in milk. OK! back to the serious best one, a nice hunk of Silverside Beef roasted with loads of Potatoes, green beans, cauilflower, and Yorkshire Pudding and gravy. followed by Apple or Rhubarb Crumble and Custard. yummy! finished off with a nice cup of English Tea. what Oh!

YUCK! :mrgreen:

warpaint":27c2t7i6 said:
chrisy":27c2t7i6 said:

what do you mean YUCK!? Oh! I forgot to mention the Welsh...stewed leeks with lamb sweetbreads (Brains)...or brawn (inside of pig cheek, and ears ground up) in aspic jelly....also jellied ells....ooh! you will all love the cuisine I could tempt you with. Then we will save the best till last and could be a true Redneck delicasee, bombfire roasted Hedgehog. with nettle stew.

Ohhh boy! I cant wait! some of that actually sounds good!!!!!!! :lol2:
chrisy":50wv0pf5 said:
warpaint":50wv0pf5 said:
chrisy":50wv0pf5 said:

what do you mean YUCK!? Oh! I forgot to mention the Welsh...stewed leeks with lamb sweetbreads (Brains)...or brawn (inside of pig cheek, and ears ground up) in aspic jelly....also jellied ells....ooh! you will all love the cuisine I could tempt you with. Then we will save the best till last and could be a true Redneck delicasee, bombfire roasted Hedgehog. with nettle stew.

Do you like lutefisk angie? if you like it then theres no doubt i gotta try it. not sure i want any more hair on my chest though. :shock:

Ill loan ya my best rebel 2 peice! hows that?! :p we have to have a beauty contest at this shindig! whose gonna judge it though? hmmmmmmm??????

angie":2tx3yh9d said:
RebelCritter":2tx3yh9d said:
Thank you RC ~ is always good to have friends with low standards! :nod:

Sure lye is a poison, but what don't kill you will only make you stronger I always say.
I can;t think of the name right now, and have never eaten it ~ but don't you people eat corn soaked in lye? I think it is big and white (maybe?). Help me out someone!

For sure you will have to try the lutefisk! As I have said before, it grows hairs on your chest so we normally only eat it in the winter (like our cattle, we need all the hair we can get up here!! :frowns: ), but it will make good conversation at the party ~ yes? No, I will not being wearing a 2 piece or any other type of bathing suit for that matter. I don't think I even own a short sleeve shirt. I may not be the best dressed one there, but I will be the MOST dressed one there :nod:

think we all might be to thin and have too many teeth for them lot, I hear they like a bit of meat on the bone with at least only three teeth left.... :lol2:

we have to have a beauty contest at this shindig! whose gonna judge it though? hmmmmmmm??????

Just to be fair to all parties involved I think you need an objective international judge from a neutral country.

(Did I mention that I just happen to live in a neutral country?)

chrisy":1f4bqaqw said:
warpaint":1f4bqaqw said:
chrisy":1f4bqaqw said:

Chrisy, Is their life after eating all this stuff. :frowns: :frowns:

Cal

Latest posts