Upcoming Remitall Bull Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Hill Creek Farm

Reaction score
Well, my favorite Hereford line of cattle, are having there annual upcoming bull sale on March 29th, 2006. How many are attending? I was invited by Remitall to attend, and plan on being there. How about you Canadian Hereford Breeders, how many of you all are going to be attending? I was told that it was going to be a great selection of Polled Hereford bulls for sale, but I look at it as, there are always good bulls selling out of the Remitall program. One last thing, what are your alls views on the Remitall cowherd? If bad opinions, it won't change my view point of liking that cow line. :cboy:

They seem to be awfully big. definetly bred for show. Pretty cattle no way around that. I know guys that have some Online blood in their cattle and they seem to like it good enough.

I have some Remitall Online 122L embryos, and I am using such bulls in my Embryo Transplant Program as, Remitall Boomer 46B, Remitall Embracer 8E, Remitall Governor 236G, and Remitall Olympian ET 262L. :cboy:

Sounds like you are breeding for size and show. I have 2 online heifers and one Embracer 8006 myself.

Thanks Annie, I knew that one about there name. That is pretty neat and not to many people can do that with there name and make it sound right. Anyway, thanks for the trivia. What is your favorite Remitall Bull, Annie? Mine is the famed Remitall Boomer 46B. A bull that made sired daugthers that milked liked machines. And they are also the best uddered duaghters I have ever laid my eyes on. I have influence of 46B in my cowherd, but I don't own any 46B daughters. What type of bull do you run with your cattle Annie? 8)

shutskytj":sgpptk3j said:
Sounds like you are breeding for size and show. I have 2 online heifers and one Embracer 8006 myself.
No, I am breeding for thickness and adding some frame to some of my cow lines. Also, Remitall Governor, Embracer, and Boomer in my option have sired some of the best milking daughters in the Hereford Breed. Well, I will say that Enforcer 107H, a bull from the past in the Hereford breed did a fine job in siring great milking cows with added thickness. :cboy:

Hill Creek,

Call me crazy, but I sure like that Nitro bull. I know he's young, but there's something about that one that just makes me sit up and pay attention.

Now if only someone up here had a son of him out of a good cow that they were willing to part with...or maybe just turn him in with some of my girls pro bono. ;-)

Take care.

Not a fan at all here. People either like Remitall or they don't. IMO, they represent everything that is wrong with the Hereford breed, in focusing on the showring. I have witnessed many times how much they feed them cattle at the shows, and I just shake my head. I don't know who else besides them can afford to feed cattle like that, but most of the commercial guys I know can't. The Hereford breed needs to focus on gains in the pasture, particularly on the cow side of things. I wouldn't use their bulls for anything more than a terminal cross, and that's if the bull could survive one good winter on our type of management. A lot of people have gotten sucked into their marketing and by peer pressure. You'd be amazed at how many people think they need a Remitall bull just because it's 'Remitall'. Very few lines left in the Polled Hereford breed that don't have a good shot of Remitall in them. Nope, any cow (or calf) can look good on barley...but is it economical? About 5% of the producers in our area creep feed, so I wonder what kind of calves would be brought in, in the fall. One larger producer with 600 cows has used a fair bit of Remitall Boomer in his breeding, and it's interesting to note what happened to the weaning weights on those calves compared to his non-Remitall bloodlines. No creep except on the show prospects. Average on the Boomers at 205 is about 300-350 lbs, while the average across all others is about 450-500 lbs.

I bet that Remitall Pounder bull will get alot of recognition with Star Lake and Lagrand owning interest in him. And Aaron I know what you mean about their feed bill I am sure it is huge

:lol: Our hereford herd sire is a remitall. My show heifer
is a daughter of Wideload. :heart: I just love her! She has
the most gentle attitude and is easy to work with. :heart:
She should do well in our 4-H show this summer and then go on to produce nice show calves. :D

Aaron":8ic82rh7 said:
Average on the Boomers at 205 is about 300-350 lbs, while the average across all others is about 450-500 lbs.

Don't know what happened to his calves, but mine from 46B wean a little heavier with more frame. WW running around 575 on the bulls and 530 on the heifers at 205d, and that's on infected fescue and ladino clover, no creep. Cows get orchardgrass hay and mineral in winter, no grain ever. And I agree with Hill Creek, Boomer sires the most beautiful and best milking Herefords I have ever had, and that spans nearly 30 years.

I've never had a 46B last here past the 2nd calf. I can't get any milk out of them. Not a lick of trouble with ANY of my other lines.

CattleAnnie":9jx8438u said:
Hill Creek,

Call me crazy, but I sure like that Nitro bull. I know he's young, but there's something about that one that just makes me sit up and pay attention.

Now if only someone up here had a son of him out of a good cow that they were willing to part with...or maybe just turn him in with some of my girls pro bono. ;-)

Take care.
That Nitro bull, I have only seen him in a picture when he was young, he is sired by Online; and Online calves are super thick, at lease the ones I have saw lately. Another thing, Online duaghters most be milking great, if Larsons Polled Herefords in Texas paid $33,000 for 1/2 embryo interest in a Online daughter from the fall 05 sale. Annie, Maybe you need to buy some Nitro semen and try him out for yourself.

Aaron":2a28vm3z said:
Not a fan at all here. People either like Remitall or they don't. IMO, they represent everything that is wrong with the Hereford breed, in focusing on the showring. I have witnessed many times how much they feed them cattle at the shows, and I just shake my head. I don't know who else besides them can afford to feed cattle like that, but most of the commercial guys I know can't. The Hereford breed needs to focus on gains in the pasture, particularly on the cow side of things. I wouldn't use their bulls for anything more than a terminal cross, and that's if the bull could survive one good winter on our type of management. A lot of people have gotten sucked into their marketing and by peer pressure. You'd be amazed at how many people think they need a Remitall bull just because it's 'Remitall'. Very few lines left in the Polled Hereford breed that don't have a good shot of Remitall in them. Nope, any cow (or calf) can look good on barley...but is it economical? About 5% of the producers in our area creep feed, so I wonder what kind of calves would be brought in, in the fall. One larger producer with 600 cows has used a fair bit of Remitall Boomer in his breeding, and it's interesting to note what happened to the weaning weights on those calves compared to his non-Remitall bloodlines. No creep except on the show prospects. Average on the Boomers at 205 is about 300-350 lbs, while the average across all others is about 450-500 lbs.
Aaron thats funny, because Mohican's have had bull calves that they have sold that weaned off weighing in the 750 and over 800lbs. Hey, if you don't like the Remitall Line, then I guess the best bet for you is to stay away from them. :cboy:

Too bad Boomer 29F is gone I only have one straw left loved his daughters and milk production

shutskytj":2vh5uvbb said:
I bet that Remitall Pounder bull will get alot of recognition with Star Lake and Lagrand owning interest in him. And Aaron I know what you mean about their feed bill I am sure it is huge
I am really not a big fan of Pounder. I know that his dam is Remitall Catalina 24H, but I am not a big fan of Remitall Highway. Highway, is a big framed, narrow bull, with no guts and not much thickness. :cboy:

shutskytj":fklq5uoz said:
Too bad Boomer 29F is gone I only have one straw left loved his daughters and milk production
29F, another bull that sired beautiful uddered cows and bulls like Thunder and Bogart that have done very well for Star Lake and many other Hereford breeders. I have seen Bogart cows, and they do milk and they do have a beautiful udder with nice correct teat size. :cboy:

Latest posts