Upcoming Remitall Bull Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Kent":xrht4oz7 said:
Aaron":xrht4oz7 said:
Average on the Boomers at 205 is about 300-350 lbs, while the average across all others is about 450-500 lbs.

Don't know what happened to his calves, but mine from 46B wean a little heavier with more frame. WW running around 575 on the bulls and 530 on the heifers at 205d, and that's on infected fescue and ladino clover, no creep. Cows get orchardgrass hay and mineral in winter, no grain ever. And I agree with Hill Creek, Boomer sires the most beautiful and best milking Herefords I have ever had, and that spans nearly 30 years.
Kent, I am glad that you like the 46B daughters. Like I said, best milking cows out there, along with Embracer and Governor daugthers. :cboy:

holly heifer":22glbntx said:
:lol: Our hereford herd sire is a remitall. My show heifer
is a daughter of Wideload. :heart: I just love her! She has
the most gentle attitude and is easy to work with. :heart:
She should do well in our 4-H show this summer and then go on to produce nice show calves. :D
What is the registration name of your Remitall Bull that you all own? Wideload isn't really a big fan of mine, but sounds like he has done a nice job for you. :cboy:

certherfbeef":ppxwiafv said:
I've never had a 46B last here past the 2nd calf. I can't get any milk out of them. Not a lick of trouble with ANY of my other lines.
Cert, what was on the bottom side of the pedigree of those cows that didn't milk? :cboy:

My good friend Dan Fitzpatrick from CT. is the one that bought Bogarts Dam in the Star Lake sale while Bogart was still in her he did awesome with that purchase I was there when he bought her he made some money on him and her

:heart: Our bull is AAs Leading Man. He has given us 2 really
nice calf crops. We will be calving here pretty soon. :D
Our bull is from Able Acres, wingate Indiana. They produce
outstanding Hereford cattle. :heart:

HCF, I am not familiar with Mohican's management. Do they creep feed their calves or cows? I do stay away from Remitall, our purebred and commercial herd is completely free of their genetics (except one 14 yr cow that has Remitall Juggler as her gr-grandsire). I dont use Remitall semen and I don't buy into Remitall genetics. Just not the cattle that I see fit for our rigorous management conditions.

Aaron":3k56rdmd said:
HCF, I am not familiar with Mohican's management. Do they creep feed their calves or cows? I do stay away from Remitall, our purebred and commercial herd is completely free of their genetics (except one 14 yr cow that has Remitall Juggler as her gr-grandsire). I dont use Remitall semen and I don't buy into Remitall genetics. Just not the cattle that I see fit for our rigorous management conditions.
I am not sure, but they may. They own part of a few Remitall bulls, such as, Patriot, Olympian, and Boomer. Boomer died last summer at the age of 13. He serviced cows for 13 years and did a great job. :cboy:

Yes, I remember the tribute to Boomer in Mohican's catalogue last year. If they do creep feed, than the comparison between 750-800lbs and 300-350lbs means nothing.

I cannot begin to fathom remarks about Boomers not milking; we've used the bull heavy and have over 20 daughters and a slug of grandaughters in production. Good uddered, sound, good producing cows that should last. Boomer is one of the best allround AI sires we've ever used and we will continue to add his influence wherever possible. Oh and as to management we run 350 cows under native shortgrass ranch conditions and our cows work or they get culled fast!

This post brought to mind some dandy Horned Herefords that were once raised by the Hanson brothers in Alberta.

Anyone remember the Hanson Ranch (HR prefix) cattle? They used to have the Bell L brand. Shame the old boys retired, but I hear that Hirsche Adams bought a lot of their stock when they sold out.

Honey had a few purebred cows from the HR breeding, and talk about good solid mothering cattle.

Take care.

Hansons had probably some of the best Horned Herefords in Alberta's history. Good solid cattle that really worked for a lot of people. Still quite a few good Horned breeders left though.

Hansons produced the HR Robin Hood bull that did wonders for mayn breeders in Canada and in the United States. Robin Hood was a good bull and sired really thick calves. I have seen the calves at Churchill Cattle Company in Montana sired by Robin Hood and they were pretty impressive. I think now in the US. the best horned herds are Cooper Herefords, Holden Herefords, and Churchill. That my opinion. :cboy:

Aaron if your looking for good Polled hereford genetics that aren't pampered. Look at Elkington Polled herefords in Idaho falls. good doing cattle raised at elevation in the snow and developed on mountains. Dang fine cattle.

Elkington Has some of the better Herefords out there and they have been around for I think 80 or more years. I very old herd of cattle, but they are a proven cowherd. :cboy:

Haven't read a Hereford World in a while, Hill Creek, but last i knew it was Keynote who was dead, not Online. Enforcer 107H was one of the founding sires of the linebred generation of Remitall cattle according to their catalog that I received last year, so it may be no surprise that you like him.

greenwillowherefords":3hh65zkj said:
Haven't read a Hereford World in a while, Hill Creek, but last i knew it was Keynote who was dead, not Online. Enforcer 107H was one of the founding sires of the linebred generation of Remitall cattle according to their catalog that I received last year, so it may be no surprise that you like him.

Actually Certherf about a month back reported here that Online 122L had suffered a severe hernia in a traveling mishap and that the vets at Texas A&M were unable to do anything for him so the ownership was just waiting around for permission from the insurance company to put him down. The 2006 Hereford AI book would seem to confirm that. The semen price has been raised to $300 a straw (higher even than on the deceased CS Boomer 29F)and the Star Lake catalog is reporting that "There is a limited supply of Online semen available." That would seem to confirm Online's demise.

greenwillowherefords":31v1smlr said:
I also haven't been on the boards for a while. I stand corrected.

Welcome back .

I think I am going to stick with the horned side of things. Seems like if you go back in those polled herfs pedigree you seem to find a horned bull. JHH

Hill Creek Farm":2ah9s2ft said:
Well, my favorite Hereford line of cattle, are having there annual upcoming bull sale on March 29th, 2006. How many are attending? I was invited by Remitall to attend, and plan on being there. How about you Canadian Hereford Breeders, how many of you all are going to be attending? I was told that it was going to be a great selection of Polled Hereford bulls for sale, but I look at it as, there are always good bulls selling out of the Remitall program. One last thing, what are your alls views on the Remitall cowherd? If bad opinions, it won't change my view point of liking that cow line. :cboy:

Well Hill I have been gone a month or so and you are still pushing the Remitall Herefords. Has to be the worst line out there.

Latest posts