Unusual Names

Help Support CattleToday:

Gay Hill Tx is over between Brenham and Somervile--or at least that's what the sign on the highway says.

I drove directly from Paris Tx to Direct Tx--once, then went wandering around and went thru Tigertown and over to Telephone Tx, just to see where "He77 On The Red" hot sauce was made.

411scdEGsBL.jpg

Kingfisher":1pvxzqlr said:
Uncertain,Tx.

Long story for another time, sat on a jury involving a couple from Uncertain and a burglary
by a couple of boys from Nacogdoches . You couldn't make this stuff up.
Glad I got picked on that one.

Caustic Burno":245oafej said:
Kingfisher":245oafej said:
Uncertain,Tx.

Long story for another time, sat on a jury involving a couple from Uncertain and a burglary
:lol2: I can only imagine being on that jury. Did they get caught in Marshall?

Ouachita":ctbj1wry said:
Caustic Burno":ctbj1wry said:
Kingfisher":ctbj1wry said:
Uncertain,Tx.

:lol2: I can only imagine being on that jury. Did they get caught in Marshall?

No Galveston it involved a naked trophy wife and the theft of a cigarette case.
Found the boys innocent as anyone with any sense could see she was trying to get an
itch scratched and got caught by Daddy Warbucks and sold two college kids down the river.
I have sat on some doosies it was all I could do to keep from laughing my ass off on this one.

Possum Trot, Mo. I live about 5 miles south of there.
Quail Spur, MO 4 miles west of me.
Oto, Mo Is on my farm. In the early 1900's, it was named after the Otoe Indian tribe but when they got a post office, they wanted a shorter name, so they dropped the "e".
Ponce de le Leon, Mo. 8 miles east of me.
Hootentown, Mo. 6 miles northeast of me and Denver mentioned it because when I gave him directions to get here, I sent him throught Hootentown.
Noble, Mo. Is near DenverMartinfarms, south of Wasola. I only mention it because last time I was there it only had 3 buildings, one was a house, one was a church, and the other was a post office that was still in business.
Montag, Mo, east of me, was later changed to Torre, Mo. Has a fish hatchery, church, and one home.
Not one of these places have a store anymore, but they used to all have a canning factory, store, gas station, school, etc. There were alot of little towns within 20 miles of me that had regular names, Reavisville, Wheelerville, Union City, Brown Springs, Abesville, Jenkins, Jamesville, Delaware, Elsey, White City, Boaz, Clio, Cave Springs, and many others and all used to have businesses but not one of them even has a store, anymore.
On one of the episodes of the Beverly Hillbillies, someone asked Uncle Jed how they ended up in Beverly Hills and he said it wasn't hard, just took a wrong turn at Blue Eye. Blue Eye straddles the Missouri-Arkansas line. The high school baseball field was situated such that if you really hit a ball hard to centerfield, you could hit it all the way "into Arkansas".
Also, Oldfield, Mo. is about halfway between Denver and I.

kenny thomas":o32slnte said:
Intercourse, PA. in the middle of Amish country.
Kenny, seeing you post reminded me that we used to ship to a place on Broomstraw Ridge Road, Jumping Branch, WV. It was Aircraft Exhaust Systems, Inc. and I heard the phone line to the place rested in the fork of several trees. That was 15-20 years ago. They sold out to a place in MN.

Kingfisher":2tiq9a2t said:
tater74":2tiq9a2t said:
CB, you forgot Ding Dong, TX. Near Killeen
Bought a 52 Chevy coupe there one day! Rolled it back on all four tires from where it must have rolled over in the 60's!
I might have driven through Ding Dong.. I did work in Killeen at I think it was Hines Nut Co.. or Fritolay..

Dixie Union, Osierfield, Ty Ty, Uvalda, Flippen, Flovilla, Ludowici, Chula, Bogart all in GA.

kenny thomas":5kwvz9i4 said:
Something about the mining country brings out those names here. I am just out of the mining area and it totally changes
I just thought you might have heard of the place. I spent several weeks in Beckley working in the early 90's. There was a dive near there called the Sugar Shack. I really liked that area where KY, WV, VA, TN and NC are all close. Nice country. Nice girls too.

Latest posts