Unusual Names

Help Support CattleToday:

Yell are full of strange names in arkansas. How about Bald Knob, Shove It, Solgahachia all in arkansas. Only one I can think of here right now is Nauvoo.

chrisy":2nhbyuhz said:
we have quite a few here, here's a few I can think of off the top of my head. there are a few that you would think now days they would change as not being politically correct.

Wigglesworth
Giggleswick
Fingrinhoe
Bummers Hill
Bullyhole Bottom
Cow Ark
Frisby-on-the-Wreake
Winterborne Came
Wetwang

Britain is in a league of by itself when it comes to place names.

Dangit, Dun beat me to Tightwad, MO. I always wanted to open an account with the Bank of Tightwad and have that printed on my checks.

There is a Peculiar, MO. So the story goes, they wanted to have their own post office and not depend on larger communities that were nearby. The head honcho of the postal service wrote them back that they could have a post office as long as the name was unique or peculiar. They picked Peculiar.

Blue Eye, MO. Always wondered how that one came to be.

And Punta Gorda, FL. You would think in these PC days, they would have to change that one.

MO_cows":2bhawva5 said:
Dangit, Dun beat me to Tightwad, MO. I always wanted to open an account with the Bank of Tightwad and have that printed on my checks.

There is a Peculiar, MO. So the story goes, they wanted to have their own post office and not depend on larger communities that were nearby. The head honcho of the postal service wrote them back that they could have a post office as long as the name was unique or peculiar. They picked Peculiar.

Blue Eye, MO. Always wondered how that one came to be.

And Punta Gorda, FL. You would think in these PC days, they would have to change that one.
My dads twin brother lives in blue eye and he has blue eyes, you can go with that if you want to, but I don't thinks that's how it came about.

john250":3885gjmr said:
chrisy":3885gjmr said:
we have quite a few here, here's a few I can think of off the top of my head. there are a few that you would think now days they would change as not being politically correct.

Wigglesworth
Giggleswick
Fingrinhoe
Bummers Hill
Bullyhole Bottom
Cow Ark
Frisby-on-the-Wreake
Winterborne Came
Wetwang

Britain is in a league of by itself when it comes to place names.

I'm pretty sure that is a strip joint in Houston! ;)

Latest posts