Interesting Names and People

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
How about this name? Cannot think of one with a better fit. BTW: Sunday was not an assumed name. It was his birth name!

He was bigger than Billy Graham in his time. Google him if you don't know his story.

William Ashley Sunday (November 19, 1862 – November 6, 1935) was an American athlete who, after being a popular outfielder in baseball's National League during the 1880s, became the most celebrated and influential American evangelist during the first two decades of the 20th century.

TexasBred":h588snl4 said:
You need to get off the farm more often Ron. Heck even most non believers know Billy Sunday. lololol

I do. I was just telling TT that we need to go fishing with Farm Fence Solutions but my cows and dogs tie me down. Dogs are worse than cows. Pate goes into depression if I leave him. Lol

Bright Raven":2ep1t2a7 said:
TexasBred":2ep1t2a7 said:
You need to get off the farm more often Ron. Heck even most non believers know Billy Sunday. lololol

I do. I was just telling TT that we need to go fishing with Farm Fence Solutions but my cows and dogs tie me down. Dogs are worse than cows. Pate goes into depression if I leave him. Lol

they will get over it , they are just animals

Bright Raven":1xdifedi said:
TexasBred":1xdifedi said:

Sounds more like the dog has put a guilt trip on you :(

Txpiney":2qz4136p said:
Bright Raven":2qz4136p said:
TexasBred":2qz4136p said:

I have two Corgis. Pate is a little insecure. Amazing their different personalities. They both have the same mother - Penny, Fire Sweep's dog. Sky just takes life as it comes. Pate is higher strung.

TexasBred":319ubjlx said:

I've never heard of him. Only Billy I know is Billy Graham, but I'm not well versed in the hellfire, brimstone, tent revival type crowd.

There was a columnist in the western producer, her name was Rose Jardine.. she did the gardening column
There was a captain who sank his own boat 3 times.. no kidding, his name was Sinkum
Our conservation officer in town is Bob BUTCHER.. there's a bunch more but can't remember them off the top of my head

Dogs and Cows":jujcngfs said:
Bright Raven":jujcngfs said:
Txpiney":jujcngfs said:

I have two Corgis. Pate is a little insecure. Amazing their different personalities. They both have the same mother - Penny, Fire Sweep's dog. Sky just takes life as it comes. Pate is higher strung.

Ron, what ever happened to Blue? Don't mean to drudge up anything unfortunate...but I have not seen you mention him in a while...

Tim

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
Not a happy story.

This fella didn't own a horse named Sunday did he? There was a famous horse named Sunday who is still mentioned even today.

Working in medical, I've seen quite a few names that are interesting, unique and down-right head scratching. Unfortunately, I can't share, but I'll say you haven't really seen a bunch of wild names unless you're in medical or you've taught.

When I started LE acadamy, there was another young lady in there with the last name of Bacon. We all tried to convince her that she would need to change her last name, but she didn't last long enough for it to matter. I have the deepest respect for law enforcement, but if I get pulled over by an Officer Bacon, I am going to jail..... :shock:

There was a girl named Magnolia in my tennis class at ABAC in 1976. Couldn't play worth a hoot, but she was the most interesting because of her name and utter lack of ability. I don't remember another person's name from that class except the coach and not too sure if I remember that.

I was born in the poor part of Jackson County Kentucky. I still joke around with my Mom about the name one of her co-workers gave to her son, it was On the birth certificate "Demitrius Wa-Wa Geeble"

Back in junior high school our principal's name was Robert E. Lee.
As for most interesting people, I have a friend that walked across the country on stilts to raise money for muscular dystrophy. He is also planning to retrace his cross country bicycle ride when he turns 80 in a few years. He first made a zig zag ride across the country and parts of Canada when he got out the Air Force.

16729581_1345714358847771_7486556107525085147_n.jpg

A student in college - her name was Dawnna Faulk. The professor was always careful not to say that real fast!

The keg man at the beer distributor I used to work at was named Dow Jones. Hey Dow, what's that industrial average looking like today? He probably got asked that question a million times.

Latest posts