The Posse Comitatus Act

Help Support CattleToday:

Something tells me that if the state requires a permit to be obtained to practice aethism or otherwise be bound to follow the religion of the common good of the masses, Ron might change his tune on the second.

What do women have to do to get a permit for their Constitutional right to vote?

Federal crime, unless you have the proper last name.

:tiphat: Those were my exact thoughts as well.

When my buddy who heads a local office of one of the fed's three letter agencies is on social media talking about the loss of integrity and rule of law in the federal government, it's past the point of being concerning.

inyati13":11idrqmf said:
SJB":11idrqmf said:
inyati13":11idrqmf said:
Fiscal responsibility is a whole new thread. Agents who face threats and intimidation from persons who intend to impede federal enforcement must be protected for government to function. Thus, why many agencies have divisions that provide protective services. At one time, the Marshall Service provided that service but agencies often did not get timely service.

to bring it back to your question about loose speculation, do you personally believe the IRS maliciously or unfairly targeted conservative groups?

I believe a wink and a nod often goes for permission from the party in power to target the party out of power but it all balances out.

so, as long as they do it to everybody it's ok? do you just like playing Devil's Advocate?

SJB":29ge00qg said:
inyati13":29ge00qg said:
SJB":29ge00qg said:
to bring it back to your question about loose speculation, do you personally believe the IRS maliciously or unfairly targeted conservative groups?

I believe a wink and a nod often goes for permission from the party in power to target the party out of power but it all balances out.

so, as long as they do it to everybody it's ok? do you just like playing Devil's Advocate?

I was not playing Devil's Advocate. In my experience, the agencies I worked for did not maliciously or unfairly target companies or individuals because of their politics, religion, or party affiliation. Nevertheless, it happens. Thus my comment: .....the party in power to target the party out of power... My response was not intended to provide approval of the practice. It is wrong!

FYI: I try to be objective when I make a post. I don't make it a common practice of riding someone else's bandwagon. I spend a moment in mediation before I post during which time I focus on being objective. Humans can never reach the pinnacle of objectivity but I try.

red angus 2010":2ylt2qt7 said:
zirlottkim":2ylt2qt7 said:
Response 1.
I disagree. The Second Amendment is not usurped by the State requiring a CW permit. The Conservative platform holds sacred the power of a State, oddly, when the State exercises those powers in a way conservatives dislike, they conveniently ignore their platform.

Bill of Right's
2nd Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Merriam - Webster
bear arms
to carry or possess arms

infringed
to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another

If the state requires a permit in order for me to posses a firearm in public they are infringing upon my second amendment right. The second amendment does not define where my right to keep and bear arms starts and stops, ie it doesn't say on my property, in public spaces, etc. We have reached this point because the courts have defined the rights/ safety of others to supercede this right. When we begin to assure the rights of a collective over individual rights those principles outlined in our founding documents are in jeporady.

I follow your logic. You are looking for a "freedom utopia". I hope you find it. Maybe that is what heaven will be like.

No society offers total freedom. The last free society ended when our ancestors formed into bands or clans. For over a million years, mankind has adopted social taboos, rules, and laws that infringe upon our freedoms as an individual.

Latest posts