The Nation

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":2umg9gpt said:
I have to ask, which nation is it in? Isn't all of Oklahoma divided into Native American nations?

I've seen signs entering so and so nation, but I don't remember what it is up there
The map I googled said Cherokee but I don't remember Cherokee as one I've seen
They've been Kiowa, Choctaw, Chickasaw or ?

:lol2: that's funny. I've seen houses that looked like that on the outside that might be ok and then some that were a lost cause.[/quote]
Here is a house down the road that an entire family lives in, husband, wife, 3 young children, that ain't near as nice as that one. And I ain't kidding. I'll get a pic if I can do it without one of em popping me with a slingshot. They ain't the friendliest. I'm pretty sure the husband and wife were in the beginning brother and sister. Again I'm dead serious, the kids all have an extra digit, eye, or a forehead like a basketball.

denvermartinfarms":1ydbfhw4 said:
sim.-ang.king":1ydbfhw4 said:
So cross where am I going to sit my card board double wide box house at? Near that watering hole wouldn't be to bad.
When did you move up to a double wide?
When I got the job at the hog barn, also got some candles for heat now.

sim.-ang.king":3htaujm7 said:
So cross where am I going to sit my card board double wide box house at? Near that watering hole wouldn't be to bad.

Pays a dollar a day, except Sunday you get .50 for 1/2 days work, plus beans and taters, but I've already offered it to someone else so that offers only good if she continues to decline my generous offer

You get it finalized?

cross_7":ngefhwpi said:
skyhightree1":ngefhwpi said:
Deepsouth":ngefhwpi said:
Man that's pretty country there Cross! Tell us about it.

I agree. I know one thing looks like may be some big rattlers out there.

I haven't seen any all winter :D

You might see a prairie rattler at some point, but I doubt you have a problem. Get into the gypsum hills and it is a different story.

sim.-ang.king":assl94vz said:
denvermartinfarms":assl94vz said:
sim.-ang.king":assl94vz said:
When did you move up to a double wide?
When I got the job at the hog barn, also got some candles for heat now.
Lifestyles of the ritch and famous!

Isomade":d07vktjh said:
:lol2: that's funny. I've seen houses that looked like that on the outside that might be ok and then some that were a lost cause.
Here is a house down the road that an entire family lives in, husband, wife, 3 young children, that ain't near as nice as that one. And I ain't kidding. I'll get a pic if I can do it without one of em popping me with a slingshot. They ain't the friendliest. I'm pretty sure the husband and wife were in the beginning brother and sister. Again I'm dead serious, the kids all have an extra digit, eye, or a forehead like a basketball.[/quote]
We got a similar deal here, part of the house burnt down and there still living in the rest of it. About 6 or 7 of them.

Isomade":1otq8l9z said:
:lol2: that's funny. I've seen houses that looked like that on the outside that might be ok and then some that were a lost cause.
Here is a house down the road that an entire family lives in, husband, wife, 3 young children, that ain't near as nice as that one. And I ain't kidding. I'll get a pic if I can do it without one of em popping me with a slingshot. They ain't the friendliest. I'm pretty sure the husband and wife were in the beginning brother and sister. Again I'm dead serious, the kids all have an extra digit, eye, or a forehead like a basketball.[/quote]

She might not be his sister, she might be a second cousin- she's a cousin on his mama's side and a cousin on his daddy's side, and as any good Arkansa'er will tell you, there ain't no law against second cousins.

Commercialfarmer"]You get it finalized?

I agree. I know one thing looks like may be some big rattlers out there.

I haven't seen any all winter :D[/quote]

You might see a prairie rattler at some point, but I doubt you have a problem. Get into the gypsum hills and it is a different story
[/quote]

Got'er done last month
When I was a kid they were all small 2-3' up north not big like they are down south

cross_7":ca2q97fc said:
I thought I found a caretaker but she's being difficult
I tried to lure her in with a house but she's not going for it :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Only because the job requirements are too tuff!! He wants me to cook, clean, and do all kinds of girly stuff. Like shave my legs! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cross_7":2vq3jl9b said:
sim.-ang.king":2vq3jl9b said:

Pays a dollar a day, except Sunday you get .50 for 1/2 days work, plus beans and taters, but I've already offered it to someone else so that offers only good if she continues to decline my generous offer

Now wait just one darn minute! You did not tell me about the pay, beans and taters! That right there could make ALL the difference! :shock:

branguscowgirl":1ak0pft3 said:
cross_7":1ak0pft3 said:
I thought I found a caretaker but she's being difficult
I tried to lure her in with a house but she's not going for it :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Only because the job requirements are too tuff!! He wants me to cook, clean, and do all kinds of girly stuff. Like shave my legs! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget putting up chickens, scalding a hog, building fence, pulling windmills, welding, doctoring calves and cleaning out tanks then in the evening after it gets too dark to work outside you can do the laundry and ironing
You're going to have to earn that dollar, I'm generous to a point.. :D

NW OKlahoma
I ain't sure yet, probably cows[/quote]

Looks like 'no mans land", yep, it's out there so just google it. Cross are you sure that all of that water out there is really there? I'd check it out to make sure some one isn't selling you some creek bank property. :lol: :tiphat:

Fly-guy":2eexg8w4 said:
NW OKlahoma
I ain't sure yet, probably cows

Looks like 'no mans land", yep, it's out there so just google it. Cross are you sure that all of that water out there is really there? I'd check it out to make sure some one isn't selling you some creek bank property. :lol: :tiphat:[/quote]

It may have been a mirage
I admit if you squat to pee or wear loafers this aint the place

cross_7":9recc91w said:
denvermartinfarms":9recc91w said:
That would be fun to work on. Where is it again? I think I knew at one time and forgot. What are you planning on putting on it?

NW OKlahoma

Hey! I was born and raised in NW Oklahoma near a little town called Vici.

Nearest town with a stoplight was Woodward.

Whereabouts is your place?

lovehammer":1j2hmupx said:
cross_7":1j2hmupx said:
denvermartinfarms":1j2hmupx said:
That would be fun to work on. Where is it again? I think I knew at one time and forgot. What are you planning on putting on it?

NW OKlahoma

Hey! I was born and raised in NW Oklahoma near a little town called Vici.

Nearest town with a stoplight was Woodward.

Whereabouts is your place?

About 80 miles ne of vici

Latest posts