The Myth of Rural Culture

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":2o6v79pt said:
cow pollinater":2o6v79pt said:
I find it highly entertaining that a man that rejects two important parts of rural culture complains that it's not what it's cracked up to be. Here in Eastern Oklahoma openly mocking faith or openly disrespecting a lady would pretty much put you on the same level as the druggies and thieves in lots of people's minds.

How long has it been since you made that pitiful announcement that you had to leave CT because of me? :D

You hold onto a grudge like it is money.  You must believe if you hold it long enough, it will pay you dividends. It reveals something about you.

Only you know, but this is not about mocking faith or my behavior, it is about your pride and insecurities. It goes back to the thread on freemartinism. It was not my intention, but it was obvious that you didn't understand the biological basis of freemartinism.

How long you dwell on this is an expression of who you are. Knock yourself out, I will watch. :banana:
I came back while you were gone for the second or third time and for the most part now that you're back I just ignore you and leave when it gets to deep. And I don't hold grudges very well. If I did I'd have already posted a couple of articles about freemartins that I have come across since then, including the one from the University of Illinois where I got my original information, that prove that I was right at least three times but I let it go. :lol:
This is nothing more than what I said it was. I find it entertaining that you complain about rural culture not being what you want it to be but you come on here and thumb your nose at it. Are you not a part of rural culture?

cow pollinater":195lpk8o said:
Bright Raven":195lpk8o said:
cow pollinater":195lpk8o said:
I find it highly entertaining that a man that rejects two important parts of rural culture complains that it's not what it's cracked up to be. Here in Eastern Oklahoma openly mocking faith or openly disrespecting a lady would pretty much put you on the same level as the druggies and thieves in lots of people's minds.

How long has it been since you made that pitiful announcement that you had to leave CT because of me? :D

You hold onto a grudge like it is money.  You must believe if you hold it long enough, it will pay you dividends. It reveals something about you.

Only you know, but this is not about mocking faith or my behavior, it is about your pride and insecurities. It goes back to the thread on freemartinism. It was not my intention, but it was obvious that you didn't understand the biological basis of freemartinism.

How long you dwell on this is an expression of who you are. Knock yourself out, I will watch. :banana:
I came back while you were gone for the second or third time and for the most part now that you're back I just ignore you and leave when it gets to deep. And I don't hold grudges very well. If I did I'd have already posted a couple of articles about freemartins that I have come across since then, including the one from the University of Illinois where I got my original information, that prove that I was right at least three times but I let it go. :lol:
This is nothing more than what I said it was. I find it entertaining that you complain about rural culture not being what you want it to be but you come on here and thumb your nose at it. Are you not a part of rural culture?

I am 100 % for confirming anything that makes you feel better.

Ron, you know I am friends with the DA in San Francisco. It's getting worse everywhere.

Last week I went to New Roads, Louisiana to get my license renewed. I was the only person getting a renewal. Everyone else was getting reinstated for not having insurance or not getting renewed on time. Lotta complaining from the all white waiting room about the govt didn't tell so and so he/she is responsible for his own life.

Anyway, two heavily tattooed gals were screaming about the DMV. Then they started talking about "Mojo" and other things I guessed were drug names. Because, their drug dealer drove up to the parking lot and they jumped up to score their drugs. Another guy bought drugs, too then used the dmv bathroom to shoot up. The DMV is on the edge of the walmart parking lot where day laborers sell heroin.

At least it only took 15 minutes total for me to get my license renewed.

Louisiana is the only state not in compliance with federal laws. To get the id that works everywhere you have to show up in person.

JWBrahman":26ltxcqg said:
Ron, you know I am friends with the DA in San Francisco. It's getting worse everywhere.

Last week I went to New Roads, Louisiana to get my license renewed. I was the only person getting a renewal. Everyone else was getting reinstated for not having insurance or not getting renewed on time. Lotta complaining from the all white waiting room about the govt didn't tell so and so he/she is responsible for his own life.

Anyway, two heavily tattooed gals were screaming about the DMV. Then they started talking about "Mojo" and other things I guessed were drug names. Because, their drug dealer drove up to the parking lot and they jumped up to score their drugs. Another guy bought drugs, too then used the dmv bathroom to shoot up. The DMV is on the edge of the walmart parking lot where day laborers sell heroin.

At least it only took 15 minutes total for me to get my license renewed.

I know it is not funny but my goodness, I had to laugh.

I was at Wal-Mart in rural America Yesterday. As I was walking around the floor picking up a couple of items, it was disappointing to say: THIS IS AMERICA!

Two years ago, I went to my neighbor's farm house. He had rolls of hay for sale. He came to the door in underwear. What is more significant was that he was so far gone on drugs he didn't know me. I left. I went back a couple days later and he had no memory that I had been there.

IMO, the demoralization (Not related to Theocracy, I mean common civil values) is related to the growing gap between income levels. I don't want to start a broad scope discussion of politics but I see too many people who Cannot make an adequate living. Before someone says they just need to work harder. Remember, everyone is not capable of managing a business or being an entrepreneur. I personally am an advocate that if a person holds a job, they need to make enough to live on.

America no longer prides itself on being the most educated people on earth. Too many people have zero ability to distinguish propaganda from reality.

I'm pretty sure I am the only person I know and yall know who actually met Tupac Shakur. He was NOT a revolutionary. He was a 95-100 pound street hustler with a drug problem. The media sold him to black people like he was the second coming of christ.

My buddy's rodeo horror movie is coming out soon.
Lasso The Movie
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qZCtig6xCCM

JWBrahman":33jk6ovu said:
America no longer prides itself on being the most educated people on earth.

I'm pretty sure I am the only person I know and yall know who actually met Tupac Shakur. He was NOT a revolutionary. He was a 95-100 pound street hustler with a drug problem. The media sold him to black people like he was the second coming of christ.

Lasso The Movie
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=diV5WwlYtVM

John, we are falling behind in education. I coined a phase for referring to a growing segment of our population who "consider ignorance a virtue".

I visited my son at Vanderbilt while he was completing his PhD in Cancer Cell Biology. Half the PhD candidates in the molecular biology program were foreign, mostly Asian and the middle East.

Americans score lowest in math and sciences compared to other countries.

Young men today are not intelligent enough to know which girl to like. Asking one to make sure his transversals are equal on a piece of lumber makes me look stupid.

JWBrahman":2lam9hkc said:
America no longer prides itself on being the most educated people on earth. Too many people have zero ability to distinguish propaganda from reality.

Lasso The Movie
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qZCtig6xCCM

Your quote above couldn't be more spot on. There are many issues and or problems with society but I believe social media has allowed everybody to deem themselves an expert on all things. Spout off a little get a few followers and the next thing you know you're an expert in many peoples eyes.

My curiosity is peaked; how and why did you meet Tupac?

J&D it was just one of those things where we were at the same place at the same time in Los Angeles. My initial impression was that I could stomp the piss outta this little guy.

Bright Raven":9bvleo72 said:
John, we are falling behind in education. I coined a phase for referring to a growing segment of our population who "consider ignorance a virtue".

I visited my son at Vanderbilt while he was completing his PhD in Cancer Cell Biology. Half the PhD candidates in the molecular biology program were foreign, mostly Asian and the middle East.

Americans score lowest in math and sciences compared to other countries.

What is sad is that this is effecting both sides of the aisle. I sometimes feel like there is no more critical thinking done. It's disturbing.

JWBrahman":9bvleo72 said:

Obama was also billed this way. And now it's Jay-z and Beyoncé. I can't turn on a news site without seeing an "article" about them having a child or dropping a new album. I'm afraid that Jay-z will end up in politics, which will be the beginning of the end of societal sanity. The man was a FORMER DRUG DEALER, and yet he was in contact with Obama on his personal phone.

JWBrahman":3vvl060b said:
Young men today are not intelligent enough to know which girl to like.

This is not a new phenomenon. Men have always made mistakes with women, and vice-versa. Only the smart ones used condoms, which is why I'm with my wife and not those other girls.

IMO, the demoralization (Not related to Theocracy, I mean common civil values) is related to the growing gap between income levels. I don't want to start a broad scope discussion of politics but I see too many people who Cannot make an adequate living. Before someone says they just need to work harder. Remember, everyone is not capable of managing a business or being an entrepreneur. I personally am an advocate that if a person holds a job, they need to make enough to live on.[/quote]

Some folks can't make it on millions and others do quite fine on minimum wage and poverty level pay. Does the government furnish an accountant to everyone to make sure they spend their money wisely? That's one of the most ridiculous post you've made.

True Grit Farms":uyugp2ed said:
IMO, the demoralization (Not related to Theocracy, I mean common civil values) is related to the growing gap between income levels. I don't want to start a broad scope discussion of politics but I see too many people who Cannot make an adequate living. Before someone says they just need to work harder. Remember, everyone is not capable of managing a business or being an entrepreneur. I personally am an advocate that if a person holds a job, they need to make enough to live on.

Some folks can't make it on millions and others do quite fine on minimum wage and poverty level pay. Does the government furnish an accountant to everyone to make sure they spend their money wisely? That's one of the most ridiculous post you've made.[/quote]

(Laughing) You do call them as you see them.

Vince. Have you been noticing the government is now entering the game in favor of the business. Does the government need to furnish business with favorable legislation so they are insured cheap labor??? How does that fit your conservative values?

Latest posts