The Fallen Sparrow

Help Support CattleToday:

it's been a heck of a year for everyone it seems.. I had 4 cases of pneumonia at the end of august.. 95* temps and heavy smoke, a couple days later rain and 40* nights must have set it off.. I saved the one cow that had it the worst with a LOT of attention, she slipped her calf though.. I was going to get rid of her anyhow but that's the nail in the coffin for her.

callmefence.. there was the dummy I lost in August too.. got stuck in a bush for the better part of a day, dehydrated, hypoxic.. nursed him back to physical health but he'd lost all notion of eating and drinking.. tubing him 3 times a day was getting old.. did that for nearly 2 weeks.. He'd eat things you put in his mouth but wouldn't take any food!

Here was his approximate position, the small log circled in red had fallen over his neck!

I had just dragged him out here

Dazed and confused!

Anyhow, he got the darwin awards for this year.

Bright Raven":123tl7yr said:
A sparrow caught my eye as I was going into the optometrist on the eave of a roof right over my head. The bird was laying on its side. It was fluttering, I though maybe preening itself.

When I came out, it was dead on the concrete. Died and fell off the roof. I bent down and saw its eyes were closed. It was still and totally at peace.
2djnupe.jpg

The Fallen Sparrow

Who possessed Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferocity,
And all the Virtues of Man without his Vices.

1/1024 Golden Eagle :lol2:

Latest posts