Taco Bell has revealed the secret ingredients

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, that wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be.
Now lets see if we can have a serious discussion.

Here's the thing people.
Short version!

I and many others in the beef industry, are tired of paying dues and donating to beef promotion organization to promote beef and defend against all the bad publicity that we have been getting when the source of all that bad publicity is coming from the dairy industry under the guise of BEEF!

If you don't know what I am talking about, permit me to enlighten you.

For starters!
Poor taste complaints from consumers, demanding better quality burgers
consumer complaints about all those additives to improve flavor
20,000 cattle per month being culled at the slaughter house because of cancer eye, 90% being dairy cattle
Meat recall after meat recall because of dairy cattle
PETS's poster child--- downers - dairy cattle
hoof loss at slaughterhouse- dairy cattle
Ca, children being paralyze – dairy cattle
increase in human breast cancer being linked to dairy cattle

Now here is my position:
For those of you dairyman/women who are caring for your animals humanely with proper nutritional and medical attention, we in the beef industry need your help in persuading those in the dairy industry who are not, to clean up their act.
We either do it together or we beef people will do it alone.
The choice is yours.

Now you can define or redefine the word "beef " anyway you want , but know this.
Ether the safety and quality of "beef" coming from the dairy industry goes up or it will no longer be know as beef.
And you can take that to the bank,
Comments?

So this has nothing to do with taco meat, but has to do with your hate for the dairy industry?
Might I remind you that this site is called "Cattle Today" not "Beef Today". So if you want people to feel the same way as you, please go join your PETA friends, that you seem to always love to talk about.

Re:
If you want a serious discussion post a serious topic. and keep your agenda out of it.
The only agenda I have is:
" to treat all animals humanely, to uphold or improve the image of the beef industry, while at the same time maximizing my profit in a safe manner. "

Then quit reading the propaganda and get out of your basement and go visit real farmers and real dairies and see that what you read is not reality in the real world.

NC Liz 2":3e3ie45z said:
Re:
If you want a serious discussion post a serious topic. and keep your agenda out of it.
The only agenda I have is:
" to treat all animals humanely, to uphold or improve the image of the beef industry, while at the same time maximizing my profit in a safe manner. "
The beef industry includes millions of dairy steers and cull dairy cows. Get used to it. They pump cattle into the beef market regardless of what beef is worth. The only time that ever stops is when the price gets so bad that the small guys knock bulls in the head as day olds. Promote quality beef and let the hamburger market do whatever it wants to do.

branguscowgirl":23hklw2c said:
I personally don't care what's in their tacos. Call me stupid, but I'd eat um anyway! :lol2:
I love Taco Bell! :hide: Just sayin. :lol2:

I do too, but only once every one or two months. I load up on reg. tacos, soft tacos, a couple of bean burritos with extra onions and maybe a double decker or two. The problem is, after I feast on taco bell, about 2:00 am my GI feels like it's rumbling and has bubbles. The next morning my wife is pizzed and "screaming" at me to go outside it I'm going to do that! ....... Not sure what she means :mrgreen: , but my system doesn't handle what they have in the food like it use to. :?

Alan":kvip1wbp said:
Wait! I never thought it might be the Holstein meat! :shock:
:lol: It couldn't be the beans! Or simply the shear volume that you ate! Naw, that would make too much sense. :lol: We'll just stick with the "Holstein meat" theory on this one! :mrgreen:

This site has really educated me! So Holstein meat ...... That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Just a few points

I am just glad Taco Bell is using meat from a bovine and not some other animals

As for dairy being an inferior meat I know many who swear Jersey is the best beef out there I have never eaten straight Jersey but a friend has 2 nurse cows and breeds them to his Beefmaster bull and his wife has made me several steaks from those calves and they sure were tasty better than some I have eaten off of straight beef calves

Most cattle are treated pretty good because people want that cow to live a long life and raise plenty of calves because most of us are in this to make money and we depend on the cow help us make a buck so it don't make sense to mistreat her

I got something really disgusting in bacon one time! (Just to be absolutely clear, it was Pork bacon.)
It was a perfectly round, sliced, approximately inch and a half, tumor! It went through every piece! :yuck:
Now tell me how that got past quality control!

wacocowboy":3elefy3k said:
Just a few points

I am just glad Taco Bell is using meat from a bovine and not some other animals

As for dairy being an inferior meat I know many who swear Jersey is the best beef out there I have never eaten straight Jersey but a friend has 2 nurse cows and breeds them to his Beefmaster bull and his wife has made me several steaks from those calves and they sure were tasty better than some I have eaten off of straight beef calves

Most cattle are treated pretty good because people want that cow to live a long life and raise plenty of calves because most of us are in this to make money and we depend on the cow help us make a buck so it don't make sense to mistreat her

All those sorry old holsteins (especially those that come direct from the dairy) are getting from 26 to 32 lbs. of grain per day so they are well fed.

branguscowgirl":2ysbzodc said:
I personally don't care what's in their tacos. Call me stupid, but I'd eat um anyway! :lol2:
I love Taco Bell! :hide: Just sayin. :lol2:

They are quite tasty. Good for you? who knows..

I'm a grilled steak stuffed burrito guy myself. I don't care if it has puppy meat in it its GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

NC Liz 2":3ofte9du said:
Re:
I don't believe "premium" is a recognized beef grade by the USDA, therefore they can call it what they want.
That is correct! But my objection is not to the use of the word "premium".
I object to them using the word "beef" when I fully know the meat that they are selling and calling beef, does not come from beef cattle and therefor is not beef.

Since I've been here I've tried to be friendly and helpful (or at least mildly entertaining) but this is the stupidest thing I've read here
to date.
:roll:

Shyt, I was hoping he was going to post the recipe. That stuff is pretty good and for the money you can't beat it. Sure beats eating bean sprouts and humus.

I don't go to Taco He77 since we have Whataburger open 24/7, but I had always figured TB's secret ingredient was going to be long pig.

Branguscowgirl--I've seen that round "object" in bacon before too.

I wonder.....What percent of the weekly cattle sales come from dairy based/influenced breeds?
If the same dairy animals were pulled from the market, how high would the prices increase on the rest of the market. (overall supply decreases-overall demand remains same or increases=price goes up)

Latest posts