Taco Bell has revealed the secret ingredients

Help Support CattleToday:

NC Liz 2

Reaction score

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/ ... _beef.html

Just more smoke and mirrors!
I can almost guarantee you it is not "USDA-inspected, 100% premium real beef".USDA inspected-- yes but it is not " premium beef" as all the fast foods that I know use dairy cattle meat, not beef cattle beef.
Premium beef comes from beef cattle, not dairy cattle, which produce a low grade meat with little taste as it has very little marbling.
I object to anyone calling what they are selling beef, unless it comes from beef cattle.
If you disagree, then why not call deer meat beef?

As the dairy industry has forced McDonald's to stop calling it a milk shake because there is no milk in their shake and as the dairy industry is trying to force imitation cheese manufactures from calling it cheese because there is no milk in it, I think it is time for the beef industry to force the dairy industry to stop calling their meat beef.
:hide:

NC Liz 2":3g8lqcqh said:

I can almost guarantee you it is not "USDA-inspected, 100% premium real beef".USDA inspected-- yes but it is not " premium beef" as all the fast foods that I know use dairy cattle meat, not beef cattle beef.
Premium beef comes from beef cattle, not dairy cattle, which produce a low grade meat with little taste as it has very little marbling.
I object to anyone calling what they are selling beef, unless it comes from beef cattle.

As the dairy industry has forced McDonald's to stop calling it a milk shake because there is no milk in their shake and as the dairy industry is trying to force imitation cheese manufactures from calling it cheese because there is no milk in it, I think it is time for the beef industry to force the dairy industry to stop calling their meat beef.

Correct me if im wrong but a dairy cow is in the bovine family right?

Re:
Correct, but so are many other animal, such as the bison, African buffalo, the water buffalo, the yak, and the antelopes and many other.
Is their meat also beef?
If it is beef, why do we call meat from deer venison?

Re:
I don't believe "premium" is a recognized beef grade by the USDA, therefore they can call it what they want.
That is correct! But my objection is not to the use of the word "premium".
I object to them using the word "beef" when I fully know the meat that they are selling and calling beef, does not come from beef cattle and therefor is not beef.

NC Liz 2":3j9byo13 said:

Who the he// cares if it has marbling or not?? It's taco meat. You expect ground ribeye for $.99 a taco?? Even most hamburger meat is only 85% lean meat. The other 15% can be tit's, asses, udders, lips and ears. BTW deer meat makes very good tacos. A bit dry but ok. Go play with yourself Liz.

NC Liz 2":11xxmihu said:
Re:
I don't believe "premium" is a recognized beef grade by the USDA, therefore they can call it what they want.
I object to them using the word "beef" when I fully know the meat that they are selling and calling beef, does not come from beef cattle and therefor is not beef.
your argument make no sense. I suspect you probably drool on your keyboard when you post this crap.

Jersey's actually marble really well but the rate of gain and the fat is what keeps them from being thought of as beef cattle. There has been a swing in the dairy industry for the last few years to breed the bottom third of the dairy herd to sim-angus, angus, or lim bulls and it has proven to be a productive cross for beef production. When you consider that half of the cross is elite carcass quality sires, those calve have the potential to have a better carcass than some of what is being produced by the "beef" industry.

NC Liz 2":2nmxxp9e said:
Re:
Correct, but so are many other animal, such as the bison, African buffalo, the water buffalo, the yak, and the antelopes and many other.
Is their meat also beef?
If it is beef, why do we call meat from deer venison?
Venison is the culinary word for meat from hunted animals.

M5farm":3wbmmr0z said:
NC Liz 2":3wbmmr0z said:
Re:
your argument make no sense. I suspect you probably drool on your keyboard when you post this crap.

There is actually a "condition" some people suffer from, in which being a know it all on the internet produces a "high" sensation.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sir loin if what you claim is true that Holstein meat is of lower quality and only used for burger a person would have to believe that the market price for slaughter Holsteins would follow the trimmings market. Yet the Holstein slaughter price actually follows the choice market price. Crazy huh?

I personally don't care what's in their tacos. Call me stupid, but I'd eat um anyway! :lol2:
I love Taco Bell! :hide: Just sayin. :lol2:

branguscowgirl":1st167aj said:
I personally don't care what's in their tacos. Call me stupid, but I'd eat um anyway! :lol2:
Especially at 2AM after few drinks at a bar.

Taurus":1zto4lo2 said:
branguscowgirl":1zto4lo2 said:
Especially at 2AM after few drinks at a bar.
:lol: :lol: Ya, Lord knows what's in them at 2am! :lol2:

Latest posts