Taco Bell has revealed the secret ingredients

Help Support CattleToday:

There's an old saying that goes like this:
It's hard to see the whole picture----------- when your in it!

With that in mind, I suggest you start looking as the big picture, instead of just looking at yourself in the big picture.
In this case the big picture is the entire beef industry and you are just one little part of it.
Now there are many people in the big picture, in both the dairy and beef industry, who are doing a fine job holding up their end of it, but there are also far to many who are not.
So there is enough blame to go around.
I place the bulk of the blame on the Federal government.
As Ronald Reagan said:
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: " I'm from the government and I'm here to help you. " But that's another story for another day.

Now the facts are this:
The consumers of our product ( beef ) are moving away from our product because they find it unhealthy and/or not desirable because of taste.
So unless these two issues are addressed, we, the produces, will continue to loss market share and cattle prices, as well as US cattle inventory, will continue to go down, and it will be the smaller operations, like you and me, that will suffer the most and most likely go out of business.

In case you haven't notice, beef is no longer at the top of the menu and the only thing selling it is smoke and mirrors.

If you doubt me, go to you favorite fast food and buy a plain burger with nothing on it and take out the beef and taste it, then give it to your kids to see what they think of it.

If you are one of those who do not see a problem, be prepared for the US government to take over the beef industry as it has done with so many other industries.
As did the textile industry, and many others, here is where the US government intends for the US beef industry to go.

Cattle imports from Mexico and Canada page 14
http://www.tnfarmbureau.org/content/ten ... s-may-2014

Re:
I wonder.....What percent of the weekly cattle sales come from dairy based/influenced breeds?
The last I remember reading a few years back it was 17%.
If the same dairy animals were pulled from the market, how high would the prices increase on the rest of the market. (overall supply decreases-overall demand remains same or increases=price goes up)
For cow/calf operators, about $1.00 per lb. If the government doesn't open the doors to more low quality imports to fill the demand.
IMO, the only way to recapture our own market is to produce a better product.

Note: At this time I do not advocate dairy cattle being removed from the beef industry, but that time may soon come if they don't clean up their act.

Dairy Cows
Quick Facts
Today's dairy cows each produce about 100 pounds of milk per day—10 times more than cows living just a few decades ago. This is due to bovine growth hormones, unnatural diets and being bred selectively for massive milk production.
75% of downed animals are dairy cows.
About 9 million cows are being used for milk production in the United States at any given time.
Hidden Connections
While large-scale dairy operations are typically separate from beef cattle operations, these industries are connected. Dairy cows usually meet their ends at beef slaughterhouses when, at just two to five years of age, their milk production has slowed or they are too crippled or ill to continue in the industry. At that point, they are slaughtered for beef.
http://www.aspca.org/fight-cruelty/farm ... tory-farms

One reason I don't eat steak fajitas at the Mexican Resturant i don't like chewing all night on seasoned rawhide..I don't care what beef they use at
Taco Bell.... You could'nt blow it through a artery with dynomite

NC Liz 2":33mgktt2 said:
Note: At this time I do not advocate dairy cattle being removed from the beef industry, but that time may soon come if they don't clean up their act.
You're just flat full of shyt.
The dairymen that I know, and I know quite a few, are as if not more concerned about quality than beef producers are... They are used to being paid for quality and not just pounds so that's how they run their entire business including cull cows. I don't have a single dairy customer that has not trained employees in where to give shots to protect beef quality and there in no financial incentive for them to do that as beef sells by the pound. Most of them have posters in spanish up in every area on the farm where shots might be given.
It is true that dairy cattle are more prone to downers, but those cattle can not legally be harvested for beef and if you were anywhere near knowledgeable you'd already know that.

NC Liz 2":3tudmnoh said:
Today's dairy cows each produce about 100 pounds of milk per day—10 times more than cows living just a few decades ago. This is due to bovine growth hormones, unnatural diets and being bred selectively for massive milk production.
I do not have a single customer who uses BST (since I know that you don't know what you're talking about, BST is hormone that makes them give more milk). I do not have a single customer who feeds anything besides mineral that is not farmed and the minerals are mined and all of it is mixed by a professional nutritionist to make sure that there is maximum output with NO waste.
That just leaves genetics and you are correct on that one. We have made cows that can efficiently turn products that we cannot eat into food that we can eat and they do it MUCH more efficiently than the cattle of the past could ever dream of. The face of agriculture in this day and age is "Do More With Less" and the dairy industry has been on the cutting edge of that for a loooong time. In fact, they leave beef producers(myself included) in the dust on efficiency.

Is it also wrong to breed for fleshing ability in beef cattle too? If so, I know just which ones to not cut this year.

cow pollinater":20vhopv0 said:
NC Liz 2":20vhopv0 said:
I do not have a single customer who uses BST (since I know that you don't know what you're talking about, BST is hormone that makes them give more milk). I do not have a single customer who feeds anything besides mineral that is not farmed and the minerals are mined and all of it is mixed by a professional nutritionist to make sure that there is maximum output with NO waste.
That just leaves genetics and you are correct on that one. We have made cows that can efficiently turn products that we cannot eat into food that we can eat and they do it MUCH more efficiently than the cattle of the past could ever dream of. The face of agriculture in this day and age is "Do More With Less" and the dairy industry has been on the cutting edge of that for a loooong time. In fact, they leave beef producers(myself included) in the dust on efficiency.

Feeding the masses is evil. Killing off 30% or more of man is brotherly love and kindness. Technology is evil unless it rots your brain. Nothing is more dangerous than cheap food. Makes the protein cause cancer and stuff.

Cow Pollinator,
Re:
NC Liz 2 wrote:
Please be more careful in quoting me! I did not say that, the person I quoted did!
When you see something I POSTED in quotes, and it has a URL under it,that is where you find the person I am quoting.
Thak Q

NC Liz 2":xmepmjnf said:
Cow Pollinator,
Re:
NC Liz 2 wrote:
Please be more careful in quoting me! I did not say that, the person I quoted did!
When you see something I POSTED in quotes, and it has a URL under it,that is where you find the person I am quoting.
Thak Q
My sincere apologies. To avoid confusion, I think you're full of shyt regardless of who said what.

cow pollinater":3u5gu78j said:
NC Liz 2":3u5gu78j said:
Cow Pollinator,
Re:
NC Liz 2 wrote:
Thak Q
My sincere apologies. To avoid confusion, I think you're full of shyt regardless of who said what.
pot meet kettle

Commercialfarmer" Feeding the masses is evil. Killing off 30% or more of man is brotherly love and kindness. Technology is evil unless it rots your brain. Nothing is more dangerous than cheap food. Makes the protein cause cancer and stuff [/quote:h185po15 said:
With all the vegan homo's running around in the world naked smoking dope and corn holeing one another
I don't want to be around to see that so I can only hope

Latest posts