Stand Your Ground

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
M-5":19r46a7u said:
tensions are high around here right now it would not take much for people to react . There are thousand of good folk coming in to help but with that there will scum of the earth looking for an easy mark. LEO's I know have been telling folks that can legally carry to do so because it is very dangerous right now ,.

Givers and Takers. Predators and Prey. Sad but it's reality. You be careful Dash. If the only way I can have something is to take it from someone else then I will do without it. But everyone clearly doesn't think this way. I pray that it doesn't get worse for your area during the cleanup and rebuilding.

Maybe the ones that beat the man and stole the chainsaw will cut their leg off.

greybeard":1nq7d0df said:
At what monetary value IS it worth killing over?

Do I need to re-phrase the question BoW?
Or, are you saying there can never be a monetary value high enough to warrant it?

Bestoutwest":35kledsy said:
slick4591":35kledsy said:
My former job was just that... a job. My oath didn't state that I had to change my personal views in life, just stated that I had to uphold the Constitution, laws of the United States and the laws of Texas to the best of my ability. When I retired no one excused me from that oath, so I still take it seriously. But, the question I asked wasn't about me. It was about you and your line. Apparently, you think it's okay for anyone to to steal and escape without consequences, or do you have a line?

As we see all the time, though, a person's beliefs don't necessarily end with the donning of a badge. We see sheriff departments refusing to hand over folks to ICE, and we see "constitutional" sheriffs who would refuse to cooperate with federal officials such as the Bundy fiasco. To answer your question, no I don't believe that a theft deserves execution. I can see an instance where that someone would believe they have the "right" to kill someone if said theft resulted in destitution, such as Bernie Madoff. But there is 0 justification for killing someone over a $15 dollar item. This will be an interesting case to follow.

There's your answer greybeard.

Bestoutwest":rhtwhe21 said:
As we see all the time, though, a person's beliefs don't necessarily end with the donning of a badge. We see sheriff departments refusing to hand over folks to ICE, and we see "constitutional" sheriffs who would refuse to cooperate with federal officials such as the Bundy fiasco. To answer your question, no I don't believe that a theft deserves execution. I can see an instance where that someone would believe they have the "right" to kill someone if said theft resulted in destitution, such as Bernie Madoff. But there is 0 justification for killing someone over a $15 dollar item. This will be an interesting case to follow.

What we are seeing is law enforcement officials (local, state and federal) not honoring their oaths of office. Instead, they are turning to politics and getting by with sloughing their duties while flying the PC flag.

slick4591":3cdh5m20 said:
Bestoutwest":3cdh5m20 said:

What we are seeing is law enforcement officials (local, state and federal) not honoring their oaths of office. Instead, they are turning to politics and getting by with sloughing their duties while flying the PC flag.

It's interesting you posted this. I was talking with a sheriff's deputy last night(drug task force) and he stated this statement almost verbatim. Naturally, I asked why this is happening and he offered a multitude of possible factors.

greybeard":rhcbqpgr said:
greybeard":rhcbqpgr said:

Or, are you saying there can never be a monetary value high enough to warrant it?

Missed it, sorry. As you are aware, execution is a final solution. It is the ultimate act of vengeance which should be saved for violent crimes or major crimes of a sexual nature. (By that I mean no one should be shooting anyone for grabbing their butt, just to clarify)

kentuckyguy":lyn8vf1h said:
Just another perfect example of don't break the law and you won't have to worry about being shot.

So many these days sympathize with criminals because of how they are treated while breaking the law.

Where I live if I chose to steal from someone I would know that there was a very good chance I would be shot at. It's that simple.

What about the law abiding citizens rights. A man trying to run a small store wouldn't be in business very long if he allowed everyone who decided to steal from him just walk out the door.
One things for sure,he sure shortened the list for potential thieves in the future...

Bestoutwest":2bjq9ghr said:
slick4591":2bjq9ghr said:
Too bad some thief decided that his life was only worth a $15 hatchet. Makes me wonder if it had been $150,000 diamond bracelet would have been any different for you, Best?

As a former law enforcement agent, I'm surprised by your remark. The individual was clearly not in a threatening manner while being shot. He was trying to flee. Had it happened during a fight or the person was coming at him, that would be different.

Best if more people did what the store owners did the world would be a better place.. the haves of this world can't roll over and take losses because the have nots aren't willing to get out and work for what they want. Americans need to wake up and stand up for what they have worked for. He didn't get shot for singing to loud in church or helping a old lady cross the street... Wake up and get real lawful store owner protecting his livelihood is just like us protecting our livestock. I feel more sorry for the predators cause there trying to live and don't know any better... Humans know better no matter how you slice it

Bestoutwest":1yipi94c said:
greybeard":1yipi94c said:
greybeard":1yipi94c said:

Missed it, sorry. As you are aware, execution is a final solution. It is the ultimate act of vengeance which should be saved for violent crimes or major crimes of a sexual nature. (By that I mean no one should be shooting anyone for grabbing their butt, just to clarify)
Evidently, I do need to re-phrase it, as you (and others) have declined to answer the question and opted to make up a new/different question to answer instead.
I cannot say I'm surprised at this.

slick4591":3go5g2je said:
Too bad some thief decided that his life was only worth a $15 hatchet. Makes me wonder if it had been $150,000 diamond bracelet would have been any different for you, Best?

Well said a thief is a thief.
Just another blue thought about criminal rights.
Don't steal then you don't have a problem.

greybeard":3r6bx4za said:
Bestoutwest":3r6bx4za said:
greybeard":3r6bx4za said:

Evidently, I do need to re-phrase it, as you (and others) have declined to answer the very simple and direct question and have opted to make up a new/different question to answer instead.
I cannot say I'm surprised at this.

(supposed to have been an edit and not a quote, but I'll leave it here)

skyhightree1":2yn3kyju said:
Best if more people did what the store owners did the world would be a better place.. the haves of this world can't roll over and take losses because the have nots aren't willing to get out and work for what they want. Americans need to wake up and stand up for what they have worked for. He didn't get shot for singing to loud in church or helping a old lady cross the street... Wake up and get real lawful store owner protecting his livelihood is just like us protecting our livestock. I feel more sorry for the predators cause there trying to live and don't know any better... Humans know better no matter how you slice it

If I remember correctly you own your own business. Out of curiosity, how many folks have you shot who didn't pay you? I think if we all went around shooting folks the world would be a pretty miserable place to live. I'm glad most folks don't share the same ideology as you do.

Also, you assume that this individual didn't want to work. I've seen other posts where you assume the same thing. You know that old saying about assumptions, right? I've learned that I'm a happier person assuming less about folks, and allowing them to show me who and what they're about.

Like Raven says "Make America Happy Again."

Many years ago in the community I live in a man was working some blacks. The white mans wife accused a black of insulting her. The man whose wife was insulted pulled a pistol and killed the black. Both the man and his wife knew the black very well. The man that did the shooting was a friend of my dad, he told my Dad that the man he shot went to bed with him every night. This was told to my Dad about 20 years after the shooting. But at that time nothing was done to the man that was the shooter. Happened about 1930.

Bestoutwest":1vugqpww said:
If I remember correctly you own your own business. Out of curiosity, how many folks have you shot who didn't pay you? I think if we all went around shooting folks the world would be a pretty miserable place to live. I'm glad most folks don't share the same ideology as you do.

Also, you assume that this individual didn't want to work. I've seen other posts where you assume the same thing. You know that old saying about assumptions, right? I've learned that I'm a happier person assuming less about folks, and allowing them to show me who and what they're about.

Like Raven says "Make America Happy Again."

The people I have had issues paying with didn't come into my office and steal so let's compare apples to apples. If the man wanted to work he would have walked in asking for a job or to work for the items he wanted stealing is a lady way to get what you want. So did this guy show you he's an asset to society? I work too GD hard for my $ to have the forgive and forget attitude you have and I will not hold hands with thieves and sing by the camp fire. I think you say stuff to spark a fight but it won't be with me. Maybe since you love everyone we could send criminal elements to your home to stay with you. :tiphat:

If this man is indicted, his only defense under stand-your-ground is that he perceived a threat. (Lethal force is not acceptable to apply in cases of theft) He has employed an attorney to defend him. The link states that his attorney is putting up a defense that he perceived a threat.

I suspect it will go to trial. It is difficult to justify self defense when you are holding the man's shirt to keep him from FLEEING. It is beyond the pale to even imagine he will not be charged.

M-5":1x2sdeaf said:
A guy today in Bonifay was beat up while cutting wood in his yard , they stole his wallet , money and chainsaw. When more of these looters are shot maybe they will stop stealing.
Another person that never figured he'd need a gun in his yard to protect himself. You never know when a threat might present itself. There's a bunch of sorry people in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts