Stand Your Ground

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to protect yourself and your family from threats and danger. But when push come to shove I think there are lots of people in the world who don't have good enough judgement in a moment of stress. I doubt that I would. My knee jerk reaction based on a skim of the article is that the shooter used poor judgement. A few of you are basically saying good riddance, one less thief, the store owner had a right to do that. I would ask you to imagine you had a 16-17 year old son who acted like a normal boneheaded teenage boy with an underdeveloped brain and lots of hormones. Say he's a really really good kid 95 percent of the time but say his buddies tell him to go into a store and take a hatchet on a dare and he does cause he is trying to be cool and impress his buddies. Say the store owner shoots your son. I wonder would you still feel the same way, that the store owner had every right to do that, and good riddance the kid screwed up so he deserved to be shot and killed. Now many of you would probably say that no kid of yours would ever even think of doing something like that cause they were raised as a hard working farm kid. But people do stupid things sometimes and that's reality.

Point being, stealing is bad...yes. But I expect that people who carry guns on them use some common sense when they decide they need to use them. And if they don't, well they should be punished accordingly, just like the thief.

My opinion only. I do not know about the laws on all of this.

fasttommy":9nkergbh said:
I would ask you to imagine you had a 16-17 year old son......with an underdeveloped brain and lots of hormones.
Say he's a really really good kid 95 percent of the time
but say his buddies tell him to go into a store and take a hatchet on a dare and he does....
Say the store owner shoots your son.
WHAT IF
What if he's a skinny black guy who likes to sleep on pallets....
What if he's a 16 year old doing it on a dare.....
What If it was a 12 yr old girl, babysitting your 6 yr old daughter and they were being chased by a grizzly bear owned by an ISIS Terrorist who mistreats his pets and the hatchet was really a tomahawk found on the battle field at the Little Big Horn signed by Sitting Bull on loan from a traveling museum?

Each case needs to be judged on the FACTS; hypotheticals are for philosophers and democrats.

My wife was telling me about a kid she knows at another school. His mother was trying to raise 3 kids by herself. Their house burned down and the mother went to jail for something (I have no idea what, but definitely not drugs). The kid went to live with his Aunt, but there was never any food in the house so he started stealing candy from gas stations just to eat.
Should he be shot?

The story ends in that the kid is finally placed in Foster Care and is excited to get to shower every day have steady meals. His brothers ended up in prison but he has now been accepted into college.

sstterry":19x1vigb said:
My wife was telling me about a kid she knows at another school. His mother was trying to raise 3 kids by herself. Their house burned down and the mother went to jail for something (I have no idea what, but definitely not drugs). The kid went to live with his Aunt, but there was never any food in the house so he started stealing candy from gas stations just to eat.
Should he be shot?

The story ends in that the kid is finally placed in Foster Care and is excited to get to shower every day have steady meals. His brothers ended up in prison but he has now been accepted into college.

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone......... John 8:7

It's not about throwing rocks but theft.

1 Corinthians 6:10
Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

How do we get from a 50 year old convicted felon that steals a weapon to a kid stealing candy? About like the same type of thinking as when we lock illegal kids and their claimed parents in separate facilities.

How many kids or adults as far as that goes, that are truly hungry and in need if they went to a gas station and told them what was going on more times than not the people would try to help them or get them some help. Way more good people in the world than bad, nothing makes stealing right there is to many ways to get help these days, if someone is old enough to steal and hide it while doing it to not get caught they are old enough to know how to ask for help. I am not talking about a 2 yr. old picking up a piece of candy if that happened they need took back and corrected to know you don't take what's not yours.
Stop them young and they wont become 50 yr. old felons. The problem now days is no home raising and make excuses for the bad guy and blame the good guy , never seen anything like it !!

Caustic Burno":pwz1hc7z said:
sstterry":pwz1hc7z said:
Should he be shot?

Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

what does the bible say about liers that lies every time they open their mouth.

hurleyjd":kai5v9om said:
Caustic Burno":kai5v9om said:
sstterry":kai5v9om said:
Should he be shot?

And adulterers.......

sstterry":26o3pvb9 said:
hurleyjd":26o3pvb9 said:
Caustic Burno":26o3pvb9 said:

And adulterers.......

I know of whom you speak. Family values!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hurleyjd":1qlpkvhl said:
Caustic Burno":1qlpkvhl said:
sstterry":1qlpkvhl said:
Should he be shot?

So you are implying I am a liar or flat out saying it.

Caustic Burno":3s4d1j16 said:
hurleyjd":3s4d1j16 said:
Caustic Burno":3s4d1j16 said:

So you are implying I am a liar or flat out saying it.
I believe he is referring to someone else..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts