sons of the San Joaquin

Help Support CattleToday:

Jack Hannah is the singer. They're from here in my backyard. The spend a lot more time singing about it than they ever have doing it.

cow pollinater":3s270mwm said:
Jack Hannah is the singer. They're from here in my backyard. The spend a lot more time singing about it than they ever have doing it.

Patrick Smith is a world champion heeler but he ain't no cowboy

cross_7":126k7eah said:
I always think about the Californios when I hear this
The old vaqueros were masters of the jaquima
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... MBiMO0yI4M
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OMBiMO0yI4M[/youtube]
That's one of my favorite Ian Tyson songs. Visalia is five miles away and made its fame as a saddle making town in the 1800's and almost every trick I've learned about training a horse that was worth learning was either directly from an old Mexican or from a white guy that learned from an old Mexican. :lol:

cross_7":kbqref1k said:
cow pollinater":kbqref1k said:

Last nfr Patrick was riding a horse in the entry and he crow hopped a little and dumped him like a sack of taters
Later on the same horse tried it with the flag girl and she straightened him out while holding the flag

cross_7":1phjpy68 said:
cross_7":1phjpy68 said:
cow pollinater":1phjpy68 said:

Last nfr Patrick was riding a horse in the entry and he crow hopped a little and dumped him like a sack of taters
Later on the same horse tried it with the flag girl and she straightened him out while holding the flag

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZooKuOmIFPU

cross_7":3sbkbdui said:
cross_7":3sbkbdui said:
cow pollinater":3sbkbdui said:

alot of rodeo cowboys aint good horsemen..... some are just like a assembly line worker, they can do one thing, and are great at it. a cowboy is like the line manager, he can do the whole assembly.. but might not be great at any part of it.. ..ive known some good ropers that dont need to even own a animal ...

I doctored scoured calves with a calf roper from Texas one time. He would sneak up close and then wait for them to jump and run and then go flying off through the rocks and brush chasing those calves that were shittin' guacamole. :lol: I was the young guy that day and they sent me to help him and learn something so I just kept watching him and while he was off chasing something I'd try to sneak in and slip a rope on something sick and doctor it right there because I wasn't a good enough roper to go chase them on the fly... It took me quite a few years to figure out that I was the better cowman that day.