Somebody had better grab this one

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade":16dc24ws said:
Massey135":16dc24ws said:
hooknline":16dc24ws said:
I personally know a junior in high school who has 40 of his own cattle. Cows and heifers.
He runs his parents ranch since they are out of state for the last 8 months or so. He's in charge of 150 or so including his, 4 large leases, just secured his own good lease, and still works with me when ever I need him. And runs fence for others for more side money. And helps other ranchers work their 250 hd operation on weekends.
But you know the best thing i like about this kid? Besides he's a hard worker.
He doesn't throw it up in everyone's face or talk down to others. Even though he knows far far more about cattle than i do. Unless you knew these things you'd never know he was any different from anyone else
Start w/ that disdainful tone and envious disbelief and see if his attitude doesn't change.
I seriously doubt it. Someone who is confident in who they are doesn't need other people to think they are anything special. I have never had anyone tell me they were something special and it be true, but I have had a lot of folks act like they were nothing and I was shocked at what I found out about them from others. It's that quiet confidence that is so impressive. There is another member on this board who is I believe younger than you, but most will never know it because he just goes about his business and doesn't need attention, but I have a lot of respect for his opinion, I'd say he has more knowledge than most on here and I'd love to see his operation some day. Just so you catch my drift, age has NOTHING to do with respect. I know this probably doesn't mean much coming from a poor person with just a few cows, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
you wouldnt know he was that young by talking to him.....but then he does comes from a ranching family
:cowboy:

Isomade":3eae3th8 said:
I seriously doubt it. Someone who is confident in who they are doesn't need other people to think they are anything special. I have never had anyone tell me they were something special and it be true, but I have had a lot of folks act like they were nothing and I was shocked at what I found out about them from others. It's that quiet confidence that is so impressive. There is another member on this board who is I believe younger than you, but most will never know it because he just goes about his business and doesn't need attention, but I have a lot of respect for his opinion, I'd say he has more knowledge than most on here and I'd love to see his operation some day. Just so you catch my drift, age has NOTHING to do with respect. I know this probably doesn't mean much coming from a poor person with just a few cows, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

In real life I run around kissing babies, shaking hands, and kissing arse much like a politician. How to win friends and influence people.

On this forum, you see my cyber personality. :D I'm 6 foot 8 inches tall, bullet proof, 25 again, rich, famous, and don't take nothin off of nobody.

hooknline":3uer3kp7 said:
He'd be on here watching and learning.

It's truely amazing what kind of things you pick up on when you don't post very often and just observe. (wish I would have realized it earlier) Many lessons to be learned around these boards about cattle and people alike.

Massey135":2ysscz8b said:
You should post much more often whereas the coffee shop gurus should post much less.
You are not forced to read, respond or make any comments on anyone's posts. Just disregard and go about your business. ;-)

Massey135":3huf1arj said:
You should post much more often whereas the coffee shop gurus should post much less.
Do you consider me a coffe shop guru? I spend more time there than I do on the breeds board. I'm at the point where I take cattle for granted and enjoy talking about other stuff with like minded people that have a similar interest.
I think that the fact that you can't see the people side of things shows that you're still immature... I don't absolutely mean that to be an insult as I was "all work and no play" and it got me to where I am but I never degraded the people that were enjoying life a little.

Ouachita":1nxjmn2b said:
Okay men, don't beat up on massey. He didn't accomplish all this on his own. Obama deserves at least half the ridicule :lol2:

I should qualify this by saying that ther has been no better time in our lifetime to stop the petty arguing, and band together. We've got to be on the same page come November. No sense in separating ourselves because that's exactly what this administration wan't. Be nice, for real

How did we get from sorry bulls to politics this quick?

My sorry bull kicked me on the knee today, made a lump. Now there's gratitude for you :( or maybe he didn't think he owed me any favours for cutting his toe abscess open.

Ouachita":1spwljex said:
Ouachita":1spwljex said:
Okay men, don't beat up on massey. He didn't accomplish all this on his own. Obama deserves at least half the ridicule :lol2:

I should qualify this by saying that ther has been no better time in our lifetime to stop the petty arguing, and band together. We've got to be on the same page come November. No sense in separating ourselves because that's exactly what this administration wan't. Be nice, for real
Ever one of you yahoos can back me in the corner... i still aint voting for that slope head :cowboy:

regolith":3lxn0p2v said:
How did we get from sorry bulls to politics this quick?

My sorry bull kicked me on the knee today, made a lump. Now there's gratitude for you :( or maybe he didn't think he owed me any favours for cutting his toe abscess open.
did you have to look over the balcony to see it :cowboy:

Did we ever get the answer to how a 9th grader owned so "many" head or why an "expert" cattleman would choose Shorthorn cattle?

jhaws77":21ceu0wq said:
Did we ever get the answer to how a 9th grader owned so "many" head or why an "expert" cattleman would choose Shorthorn cattle?
He doesn't like competition. I believe there are a total of 6 members in the Texas Shorthorn Assn....and he ain't one of them. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":1fhno08u said:
jhaws77":1fhno08u said:
He doesn't like competition. I believe there are a total of 6 members in the Texas Shorthorn Assn....and he ain't one of them. :lol2: :lol2:

Neighbor down the road has a small herd sell's to the show crowd.
I thought he had crossed them with hippo's cause I never seen one out of the pond.
His suffer here. That along with the salebarn hit make's you want to go back and look at fellow's IQ test score again. Pretty cow's just not made for S/E Texas IMO to much hair.

Many of us come here to learn, others apparently to be the class clown or bully. If we happen to have a different perspective or an alternate way of accomplishing something it appears to be that a large number of the members are quick to put down others. It is not the ideas or the suggestions that get attacked. It is the personal character and credibility of the individual and it is done without any basis to substantiate the criticisms. I think we are all here to discuss cattle or the facets of cattle ownership. For me, I came here to learn more about cattle and not to argue or to be disgraced. I always have the option to not open a topic that I do not want to read and I exercise that privilege. On the other hand when I have what I feel is a worthwhile comment I may add something to the discussion. Occasionally, I may ever start a thread. I do like reading the jokes too. Recently after hearing various folks comment regarding the lack of profitability and the escalating costs to feed, I attempted to share what works for me. The reception was mixed and that is fine. I know change is hard to accept by some. To better substantiate what I was posting I shared some information that in hindsight I probably should have kept to myself. The responses, as I interpreted, came back as if I were lying and were detrimental to my character. I know I was truthful with the content that was posted. IMO MF135 has been more receptive to the criticisms than I would have tolerated. I have seen a number of other folks leave here after having been similarly rebuked. I am still using the message board but will limit my returning here. I will miss the knowledge that many of the seasoned members shared and the manner it was presented. To those people I say Thank You

Good post Agman. Hope you don't leave the boards. Have seen folks that have presented very helpful cattle knowledge just drift away.
Your comments are always informative and I consider you one of the more respected posters. You should try to just sift through the other.

fitz

If one were to simply analyze the writing ability of those that agree with me versus those that continually question my credibility, I think its fairly obvious... Well I'll let you come to your own conclusion.

Writing ability has not one thing to do with ones capability as a cattleman or woman. But nice try at insulting people
Yet again

Latest posts