Better late than never

Help Support CattleToday:

Ours are so wanting green grass . If a sprig comes up 2-3 fight over it 😁. They are tired of hay and I'm tired of feeding it but we are 2-3 weeks away from putting out fertilizer on pasture. Jealous of you folks that can grow winter grazing like that .

Ours are so wanting green grass . If a sprig comes up 2-3 fight over it 😁. They are tired of hay and I'm tired of feeding it but we are 2-3 weeks away from putting out fertilizer on pasture. Jealous of you folks that can grow winter grazing like that .
This has not been a great grass year but know we're blessed to have what we do. I know the cows like it we creep graze the calves so they have been on it for awhile and growing good because of it.

Cousin David said it's been tough year on stockers . More losses and tough keeping enough grazing. He's letting the nephew carry the load this year . He bought fewer this year mainly because of prices and the dry fall .

It sure puts the grow on the calves I was watching a bull walk up late yesterday and was thinking nice bull but I though he was bigger lol it was a calf! Once he got closer it was apparent he wasn't a mature bull but at a distance he sure had some pop to him. Of course my eyes aren't what they once were either. I do love seeing black cows on green grass it just makes me happy!

Latest posts