Somebody had better grab this one

Help Support CattleToday:

cow pollinater":3cqqo0b5 said:
I was kind of giving you the benefit of the doubt thinking that maybe there was some family tie to shorthorns and maybe you had some that worked okay where you were at... If your dad is in San Deigo there's no way in He$$ shorthorns are working for him unless he's got a big fat wallet that he's willing to empty to sell calves to the 4-H kids. I'm kind of leaning away from "arrogant" and more towards "idiot".

My shorthorns work excellent where I'm at. Easy fleshing great milking FS 5.5 cows. I sold the highest priced heifer calf, $2500, I've ever sold last month. Have you ever sold a calf for over $6/lb? My Dads never owned a cow in his life. Neither one of my parents have for that matter.

IMAG0278.jpg

Massey135":3f1fnkxg said:
Only a fool would run premium seedstock through a salebarn.

And yes Queen, your 48 word, run- on sentence does confuse me.
CP, I think you are the designated Queen! -- Congratulations! Do you get a crown or some sort of wrap-around-your-body banner for that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

kenny thomas":383pw9bb said:
hooknline":383pw9bb said:
Gave up pretending to be young huh

With age sometimes comes the smarts to keep your mouth shut. Sometimes I have to bite my tongue to not say something mean.
But since I have opened my mouth, how many people, except horned hereford and Texas Longhorn breeders, still leave horns on their animals.

Well then according to your pictures you must have pulled a calf from a bull because the animal u pulled it from has horns.

But otherwise very nice looking cattle.

MF - I felt you might want to know, since you are a self described well educated man, that using the word "hater" makes you sound like a 16 year old girl. Which is okay if that's your intent, though I assume it's not. It's really very difficult to take you seriously just from that point alone. Might I suggest you break out the thesauras and look for another word to communicate your thoughts in a more mature manner.

Massey135":29n1wxwo said:
cow pollinater":29n1wxwo said:
I was kind of giving you the benefit of the doubt thinking that maybe there was some family tie to shorthorns and maybe you had some that worked okay where you were at... If your dad is in San Deigo there's no way in He$$ shorthorns are working for him unless he's got a big fat wallet that he's willing to empty to sell calves to the 4-H kids. I'm kind of leaning away from "arrogant" and more towards "idiot".

My shorthorns work excellent where I'm at. Easy fleshing great milking FS 5.5 cows. I sold the highest priced heifer calf, $2500, I've ever sold last month. Have you ever sold a calf for over $6/lb? My Dads never owned a cow in his life. Neither one of my parents have for that matter.

IMAG0278.jpg
Who ever bought that heifer for over $6/lbs needed to do some more shopping. She's more of the $1750 group in my opinion, but i'm not on top either, so I guess that's why I buy and sell cheaper. :cry2:

kenny thomas":qx95vyke said:
Well then according to your pictures you must have pulled a calf from a bull because the animal u pulled it from has horns.

But otherwise very nice looking cattle.
Thanks, she has since been dehorned. I bought her heavy bred and my vet advised against dehorning her until after she calved.

Kathie in Thorp":1t90jv6l said:
My papa used to say (and still does), "If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, you might be able to baffle 'em with bull shyt."

I take it you got your originality from him?

Massey135":2vbj5w79 said:
My shorthorns work excellent where I'm at. Easy fleshing great milking FS 5.5 cows. I sold the highest priced heifer calf, $2500, I've ever sold last month. Have you ever sold a calf for over $6/lb? My Dads never owned a cow in his life.

Have you ever sold 66 heifers from 1 day old to 5 weeks old for an average of $3,800 in one day??

Still think your dad has a nice place. He may live in SD but looks like he owns a place in Texas.

Massey135":1xqd410i said:
No, your comments clearly followed my response to kt. There's no bull shyt, again, just facts.
It was "general" comment, not referring to any particular post. I still say that's a pretty bunch of cattle -- just not my preferred.

I will give the boy one thing he is a he!! of a wrassler. Ya'll have wrassled with him for over a week and he ain't hollered calf rope yet. I hope ya'll are not expecting different result's.

Latest posts