Somebody had better grab this one

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":2p7rysqn said:
CottageFarm":2p7rysqn said:
Massey135":2p7rysqn said:
Anyone on an agriculture related forum that doesn't know 'MF135' is a tractor, likely has very little to offer the boards.

I don't know, I thought it was a legit question at the time. After reading a number of your posts I figured it stood for something completely unrelated to agricuture. :lol2:

Not really we just call it by another name............line breeding!
Line-breeding or in-breeding? Just curious . . .

3waycross":2iz78h1m said:
CottageFarm":2iz78h1m said:
Massey135":2iz78h1m said:
Anyone on an agriculture related forum that doesn't know 'MF135' is a tractor, likely has very little to offer the boards.

I don't know, I thought it was a legit question at the time. After reading a number of your posts I figured it stood for something completely unrelated to agricuture. :lol2:

Not really we just call it by another name............line breeding!

Massey135":2iz78h1m said:
hypo-chrisy":2iz78h1m said:
Whats the IBS in a son/dam mating?

It's IBC -

He didnt get it when I said it, but managed to correct my spellin :deadhorse:

O I got it, you just lose all credibility when you don't even know enough about what your trying to suggest, that you use the wrong abbreviation. Not misspelled, just wrong.

Personally it dont bother me to see someone make a mistake,, shows their human. and to lose all credibilty over it.. is pure bull sht....i dont know what kind of pressure your under to look good,, whether its your old man, or just self consience... but remember this old saying......... ""show me a man thats afraid to look bad,, and ill show you a man you can beat every time"""

Massey135":1f2aqc1y said:
O I got it, you just lose all credibility when you don't even know enough about what your trying to suggest, that you use the wrong abbreviation. Not misspelled, just wrong.

What's your degree in???

backhoeboogie":2strvtb2 said:
Massey135":2strvtb2 said:

What's your degree in???

It is probably in Fahrenheit. If he were Canadian it would be in Celsius or Centigrade.

ALACOWMAN":33g04rq4 said:
Personally it dont bother me to see someone make a mistake,, shows their human. and to lose all credibilty over it.. is pure bull sht....i dont know what kind of pressure your under to look good,, whether its your old man, or just self consience... but remember this old saying......... ""show me a man thats afraid to look bad,, and ill show you a man you can beat every time"""

A comedian that uses the wrong punch line turns out to be no comedian at all.

Finance.

backhoeboogie":gblesmqh said:
Massey135":gblesmqh said:

What's your degree in???

Backhoe, how could we POSSIBLY forget? . . . . "I'm 25, college educated with a double major in finance and accounting, and own ~60 head outright. There's less than 1% of the members on this board that could even say 1 of those."

Again, Kathy - Youre late to the party - I had already answered.

But since YOU brought it up... Can you?

Massey135":237g1584 said:

I thought I was the most cocky arrogant ass on these boards.
This guy puts me to shame. And that ain't pretty.
Mf135, take it down a couple hundred notches. Nothing wrong with being proud of your accomplishments but dang. :shock:

College double major degree ain't nothing to sneeze at tho.
I'm just saying when I was 25 I knew everything too. Now i still know everything but recognize that others know everything too. So I spend more time watching and listening and asking than I do spouting off like he is. I know. Hard to beleive.
Lighten up mf, lots of good folks and good info here but you won't get to see much of it if your too busy looking at the back of your eyelids while you roll your eyes

Massey,
I don't have any student loans(and I wouldn't even if I did go to college as it was offered and I turned it down) and I own a hundred head outright plus ten acres of citrus outright, plus five acres of pecans at less than fifty percent, fifteen acres of walnuts at fifty percent, 1,285 acres of pasture with a loan, a couple hundred acres of leased pasture, some leased walnuts, and leased permanent pasture ground that's not going away any time soon and I'm still a big fat nobody and I'm not much older than you... Time to look around and recognize that you're not the badass that you've led yourself to believe you are. I'm ahead of you and I'm still a nobody.
Don't get me wrong... Everyone on here wants you to be succesfull. Success is what this country was founded on and we'll all clap and cheer when you're getting it right but you're a mediocre fish in a big pond as it stands today. That degree in finance won't give you any cow sense but it may help you be a better cow man in the long run.

Massey135":2v1yf4xx said:

This is not a challenge for me, MF. I have over 30 years experience in my field. I have no college degrees, and once I got to be about 45, my employers finally stopped offering to help finance a law degree that I had no interest in pursuing. I don't own 60 head of cattle, and don't plan to, but the dozen or so usually on the place are paid for. I can't be positive, of course, but I'm pretty sure our home-place is worth more than your tractor (oh, oops -- that just came out). We have 2 great, college-educated, hard-working adult children and 4 bright, polite, talented grandchildren.

Unlike you, I don't presume to know the entire encyclopedia of cattle husbandry and understand how ridiculous it would be to tout "mine are better than yours" at every available opportunity. Unlike you, I know the difference between the usage of "your" and "you're" (you may get that with more experience). Unlike you, I would never, ever have made some of the vicious personal attacks you have thrust at others on this board when your opinion is not prized -- things like (and I'm paraphrasing) your assumption that their sons will grow up to be as ignorant as they are. If I knew your given name, I would use it and spell it correctly; but since I don't, I'll use "MF", which is how we first met you/came to love you on CT Board. And I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure I have more than one friend on this Board -- and YOU?

I give credit where its due, all I ask is the same in return. I said those things, not to brag, but in defense of my credibility being questioned. I know cattle and I know finance. There are people on here that are much, much more knowledgable at a particular subject at hand - knersie and doc w/ their functional beef cattle selection protocols, OG Envy w/ his nutritional info, 3way about the processing/dressing side of the industry, heck ala is about as bright as anyone on here;the man knows cattle, and many others...and I'm the first one to acknowledge and support their claims when right. At the same time, I will be the first to refute misrepresented information that I know is incorrect. I get pm's regularly asking me to expand on this or that bc they had researched a topic at hand and found out what I had stated supported their conclusions. Regular pm's that thank me for enduring the naysayers and continuing to provide accurate information. I'm wrong in life all the time, but very seldom do I write anything on here before I have confirmed my experience with a recognizable source.

Kathie, I'm not here for friends, I'm here for facts.

Massey135":308mgvf4 said:
I give credit where its due, all I ask is the same in return.
I've never seen anyone on here not give you credit where it's due. Our problem comes when you think credit is due and it's not.

cow pollinater":1c9f1qvz said:
Massey135":1c9f1qvz said:
I give credit where its due, all I ask is the same in return.
I've never seen anyone on here not give you credit where it's due. Our problem comes when you think credit is due and it's not.
Then prove me wrong - and quit w/ the bs antics- until then, I will answer my beliefs and opinions w/ conviction.

Latest posts