Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

2014 calf out of the Kingpin son that Double V and I own.
He is a Feb calf. Pushing 1300 now and hs been off grain for 6 weeks.BW 73lbs WW 697, YW 1190. Purebred Gelbvieh. I plan to use him very lightly this year and most likely sell him as a 2yr old.....and no I don't like his sheath either.

The bull on the left is an Angus bull that belongs to a friend.

dehorned son of ribeye 88x reg number 43484646
xf68f4.jpg

2q2n8sg.jpg

After looking at the pedigree Tommy I see where the horned comes in but I am really surprised that he is horned. Looks good.

Well the process to post pictures on this site is too complicated for me, so I'll just post a link to the steerplanet thread where you can see my bull... Say what you want, but I bet he's got all of these other bulls beat on total weight/days of age :lol: http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/the-big-s ... tings!/30/ He's about 3/4 of the way down, posted under the same name shortybreeder. Picture was taken on Saturday, he was "discovered" on April 18th with a dry umbillical cord, so best guess is April 17th.

shortybreeder":1fojyrpy said:
Well the process to post pictures on this site is too complicated for me, so I'll just post a link to the steerplanet thread where you can see my bull... Say what you want, but I bet he's got all of these other bulls beat on total weight/days of age :lol: http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/the-big-s ... tings!/30/ He's about 3/4 of the way down, posted under the same name shortybreeder. Picture was taken on Saturday, he was "discovered" on April 18th with a dry umbillical cord, so best guess is April 17th.
Eh.....all I see is a typical bull calf.

branguscowgirl":3nbg6i3a said:
He's cute shorty. But he has a long ways to go! :lol:
He sure does! :lol: But if he turns out well this fall, he will be the first intact bull on the farm since the late 70's. :D

We have this bull up for sale, he is a Remington Lock n Load x SS U Nights Misti... a feb born. We were going to show him, but have so many younger bulls we decided to sell this guy. Not the best picture, but he is really nice in real life. He is on about 10 pounds of grain (bull ration) a day and a nice grass paddock. He weighed 1470 this weekend as a 14 month old.

16i8ort.jpg

dmafds.jpg

his dam...
dmxloz.jpg

his sire...
255pfsm.jpg

I have a flush mate heifer, September born, and a December flush mate bull to him. We were lucky enough to have all three embryos stick....

Very nice FSR. Your efforts and dedication are obvious.
CSM

branguscowgirl":3srnypyk said:
Beautiful FS. Wonder why your bull didn't get the white face also.

Because with two heterozygous parents 25% of the offspring has no white face.

branguscowgirl":z5bak1xz said:

Our of three calves from this mating, we got ONE with white on the face! Both bulls were solid black and the heifer has a white blaze just like her dam. Go figure! I can sell bulls all day long if they have a white face.... yet it alludes us! :lol2: But even without the white, these three calves are pretty darn nice. We are keeping the heifer in the herd. We have a December bull calf that looks like the older brother I pictured. We will sell him in the fall or next spring.

ANAZAZI":zb8745xh said:
branguscowgirl":zb8745xh said:

Are you sure the face colour is a simple Mendellian trait?

KNERSIE":2bxpfs9a said:
ANAZAZI":2bxpfs9a said:
branguscowgirl":2bxpfs9a said:

Are you sure the face colour is a simple Mendellian trait?

Not simple, but close. There are situations, as with most white markings, where the position of the fetus in the womb makes an animal with genetics for a white face show very little or nothing, yet transmit the very same trait to its offspring. These things happen. Cloning longhorns, the white patches vary considerably due to the above mentioned effect. The general Mendelian rule still seem to mostly apply.

Isn't the blaze seen in Simmental an incomplete dominant? Would that mean a heterozygote will have a blaze, and a homozygote would have a lot more white on it's head? I guess a heterozygous blaze carrier could have as little as just a few white hairs.

Latest posts