Question for Warmer Climate People?

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman":2oisa533 said:
Nesikep":2oisa533 said:
and what's your latitude? 35degrees? we're at 49 here!

Rain is so overrated, i'm in heaven with 9" a year
in this rocky ground of ours 9'' is just a good shower :lol:

But that 1/16 of an inch of dirt on top of the biggest rocks sure can get slickery

angie":3b4rf1tt said:
mnmtranching":3b4rf1tt said:
MM, Ain't no use going unless it's warmer, AND cheaper then staying home. :drink:
Speak for yourself! I'll take cheap for sure, but it is a bonus ~ not a requirement! :nod:
You are taking your lovely wife as well as MM and I ~ you may as well get your checkbook out. :drink:
Hey! If you are going south, don't forget me! I am sick of pushing snow! So we aren't takin the bus?

mnmtranching":1qeoh157 said:
MM, Ain't no use going unless it's warmer, AND cheaper then staying home. :drink:

Who cares about cheaper, WARMER is all that matters!

CKC1586":1qwz0o9b said:
angie":1qwz0o9b said:
mnmtranching":1qwz0o9b said:
Speak for yourself! I'll take cheap for sure, but it is a bonus ~ not a requirement! :nod:
You are taking your lovely wife as well as MM and I ~ you may as well get your checkbook out. :drink:
Hey! If you are going south, don't forget me! I am sick of pushing snow! So we aren't takin the bus?

Sure we will take the bus, I was thinking about 3 good southern cooked meals a day. Stay 1 day or till Spring, depending on the attitude of our hosts. And they all have these contraptions back in the brush, that are steaming away all Winter. No need to buy the stuff. :drink:

Joe we can bring extension cords and cable for the puter, We can pirate off your dish and power. Probably won't work for cooking so we will take our meals at your house. :tiphat:

My brother and dad used to live just north of pensacola. I went down to see them a couple years ago around this time of year. I figured that anything is better then this. When I left here it was -20, I don't think it got above 45 there all weekend, which was still cold. What difference does it make when you still have to where a jacket? The first night I got there I was laying in bed trying to figure out what that strange noise was, it was rain. Then I got up around 5 in the morning to have a smoke outside, there was a strange noise out there too, it was the frogs croaking. It's funny how soon one forgets about things you take for granted during the summer. Like water thats not frozen.

mnmtranching":3qjonblr said:
What is the current status of your guest house? :help:

Got a comfortable couch or the back patio. Then there's the truck cab where you could turn on the A/C.

Currently short-sleeve weather right and tomorrow will be the same. Wish the sun were out though - could take the t-shirt off and get some tanning rays.

mnmtranching":1c0zxyee said:
Joe we can bring extension cords and cable for the puter, We can pirate off your dish and power. Probably won't work for cooking so we will take our meals at your house.

Well its supposed to be in the mid to high 70's today.

No problem about meals in the house unless you are a vegetarian or require a strickly organic diet. Of course if you are, I'll turn you loose in the greens patch and you can eat till your hearts content. Otherwise, I got 1 1/2 cows (sorry these are only grain fed) in the freezers and six pigs and two deer. We also have a few other ammentities if you need a more cushier accomadations. Give me a little time and maybe I'll have the shotgun shack built. Otherwise, you'll have to tolerate the strange noises I make in the morning. :lol2: I got plans to build something that would be a hunter's dream which will be off the power grid and self sustaining in the event there is too much change to suit me.

See! Between BmB and Jo (thank you both for the invites!!), we will have a warm winter after all! Jo ~ you turn mnmt lose in the greens patch, and you are spending the night with him on the bus :help: . Poor BL puts up with enough.

If you guys wouldn't mind setting up a place for the chickens ~ the ladies in the group will need the patio BmB, maybe you could make room for them in your closet? They are fairly clean :oops: and make an excellent alarm clock! :nod: MM and I would like a smoking room (CKC is quitting!!!! :clap: :tiphat: ).

See mnmt? I told you the good people of CT would step up!

angie":6fc37gx1 said:
See! Between BmB and Jo (thank you both for the invites!!), we will have a warm winter after all! Jo ~ you turn mnmt lose in the greens patch, and you are spending the night with him on the bus :help: . Poor BL puts up with enough.

If you guys wouldn't mind setting up a place for the chickens ~ the ladies in the group will need the patio BmB, maybe you could make room for them in your closet? They are fairly clean :oops: and make an excellent alarm clock! :nod: MM and I would like a smoking room (CKC is quitting!!!! :clap: :tiphat: ).

See mnmt? I told you the good people of CT would step up!

Wait a minute! I open the door for mnmtranching and all the sudden two others are climbing onto the bus too? Here's what I'll do then. The key will be under the door mat, help yourselves. I'll just climb aboard the goldwing and go visit my ladies (cows) for a few days. Please clean up all the chicken feathers before you leave!! :help:

Run Jo, run!!!

BeefmasterB":39dmir37 said:
Wait a minute! I open the door for mnmtranching and all the sudden two others are climbing onto the bus too?

Run Jo, run!!!
Two?? It's mnmt, BossLady, MM, CKC and I (anyone else is welcome, limited space available ~ bring your own chickens!). We will forward you a grocery list so you can stock the frig for us, but who is going to cook if you leave?? Who will clean up, and freshen our drinks? Where is this southern hospitality? :help: We are on vacation! :banana:

Don't worry Jo, sounds like you have plenty of meat to go around and we will eat it anyway you cook it ~ we're not picky! ;-)

80s today here! Opened the windows in the house, broke a sweat doin chores! Come on down folks! Ill find a place for ya! Heck, in these temps, you could sleep in a tent in the back yard. :clap:

BeefmasterB":126gzny5 said:
MM and I would like a smoking room (CKC is quitting!!!! ).

I got a wonderful idea. Not far from the house is a wharehouse that has several tons of cured bacca in it. If any of ya'll know how to roll your own we can take the tobacco savings and invest in some tonic a friend of mine is working on as we speak. It will definitely warm you up and is a wonderful stimulus for fantastic conversations.

Another idea I have is that we get our hands on some credit cards from banks that are about to go under. Then we can check into the lodge down the road and live like kings till me max out the cards. We can then get back to the poor side of town where I live and hope and pray the banks go under or our debts are forgiven with this bailout money. :nod:

Jo do ya really know what ya are getting into? Us midwesterners aren't to bad as most of us have spent alot of time in the south but man them yanks from Minn,Wi and Michigan they ain't right in the head.
I had a partner from Wi once and man I don't know if I will ever get over that and once ya get em there they won't leave til spring when it gets hot and all they will do is complain there ain't no snow. :lol: :lol:

I think all that cold weather has froze the thinkin parts of there brains!!!!!!!!! :banana:

and I don't know if ya know this Jogee but theys talks funny

Angus Cowman":3qzu11bt said:
I think all that cold weather has froze the thinkin parts of there brains!!!!!!!!!

and I don't know if ya know this Jogee but theys talks funny

I think we could fix em if we could get them to drink a few glasses of sugar sweetened iced tea with lemon. I've drunk that stuff they call tea that they make in Long Island and after six glasses I had to drive home with one eye closed and ended up bowing down a porcelan god.

1982vett":37zh5aru said:
Them Long Island Teas kind of sneak up on you don't they? :p

That they do. Especially at a Two for Tuesday night. Its no wonder them yankees talk funny. Had me slurring every syllable.

friend of mine owns a restaurant and bar just a nice lil place and one nite we was up there he gives the wife a drink called hot apple pie,It taste just like apple pie with the crust and all,well he brings it out in a small glass she drinks it and says I want one of those in a large glass we get up to leave an hr later and she gets in the truck and out she goes
She said talk about sneakin up on ya it has everclear in it :lol: :lol: :drink:

I've never heard of that one. Sounds tempting. I don't recall the name but there was a drink we used to make - a shooter actually - that tasted like those orange pushups you can buy at the ice cream shop. These were devilishly delicious.

Jogeephus":2kf6j3hk said:
I've never heard of that one. Sounds tempting. I don't recall the name but there was a drink we used to make - a shooter actually - that tasted like those orange pushups you can buy at the ice cream shop. These were devilishly delicious.
Captain Morgan and Orange juice taste just like an orange cream sicle :drink: :drink:

Latest posts