Question for Warmer Climate People?

Help Support CattleToday:

Joe, I will try talk Angie into leaving the luteawisk home, if you will take the hogs head stew AND it's skimmings off the menu. :nod:

mnmtranching":1vd43ukf said:
Joe, I will try talk Angie into leaving the luteawisk home, if you will take the hogs head stew AND it's skimmings off the menu. :nod:

Not the skimmings. Skimmings come from the syrup making. Kinda like rum only with different similarities.

Jogeephus":3l634cng said:
mnmtranching":3l634cng said:

Not the skimmings. Skimmings come from the syrup making. Kinda like rum only with different similarities.
How different? Bigger headaches? :lol2:

1982vett":1lqgd1fw said:
Jogeephus":1lqgd1fw said:
mnmtranching":1lqgd1fw said:

How different? Bigger headaches? :lol2:

Bout sums it up. Little chewier too at times. ;-) :lol2:

Jogeephus":1zlxfw0w said:
mnmtranching":1zlxfw0w said:

Ohhhh, not the skimmings :D keep the skimmings!! :clap: :clap:
Sorry :oops: I thought the skimmings came from the hogs head. I got some things to learn. AND after we enjoy some of the skimmings, Angie and them might want to try the pig head stuff. :help:

Well I just don't know about ya'll yanks. We extended the hand of hospitality only to be stood up. Was really planning on ya'll shanghaiing Crowder and a couple of his wimmen and dragging them down this way to save us the trouble of squeezing the cane. Its a lot less expensive to let a robust healthy woman sit on the cane pile to squeeze the goody out of it. Oh well, that's life. We just had to make do with a little jury rigging.

Picture001.jpg

Got the goody coming out to the pot so we could have some fresh syrup for your bisquits in the morning. Well maybe it'd be brunch - or whatever time it is ya'll wake up.

Picture002.jpg

Got the kettle rolling good - skimmings are on the top and secretly hid in the bucket to the left.

Picture015.jpg

After cooking off 54 gallons of water we were left with about a gallon of skimmings and six gallons of pure cane syrup and our guests still had not arrived. (typical yanks)

Picture018.jpg

Well, since we didn't know exactly how many of you would show we cleaned out a chicken coop and tossed them on the grill. Filled another one with deer sausage and pork sausage a turkey and some beef. And still no yanks.

Picture22006.jpg

I just don't know what to think. But hey, in just a little while the skimmings will be ready and they'll be more for us. Maybe after a pint or three we'll be talking with one of them funny northern accents. Heck, I'm hoping to be licking the bottom of the bucket when the ball drops New Year's day so maybe I can go to talking Australian or something. :nod:

Joe, You guys sure got things figured out. All that good stuff ready for us and we up and went to Disney World :roll:

mnmtranching":f1tmd274 said:
Joe, You guys sure got things figured out. All that good stuff ready for us and we up and went to Disney World :roll:

I figured as much after I heard Britney Spears was trying to restart her career by being a mousekateer. I knew the temptation was too much.

Is that what that was :shock: I had to look a while trying to figure it out. :help: