Question for Warmer Climate People?

Help Support CattleToday:

Here ya go for the apple pie Jogee. Your shot drink wouldn't be a Fuzzy Navel would it?

Apple Pie Punch recipe

Scale ingredients to servings

1 gallon apple juice
1/2 gallon fresh apple cider
3 - 4 cinnamon sticks
1 liter Everclear® alcohol

Put the juice, cider, and cinnamon sticks into a pan and let simmer on the stove for about 2 hours (not boil). Turn off heat, pour in 1 liter or 2/3 liter Everclear (no taste of alcohol) to the batch and pour into punch cups. Very potent, tastes exactly like apple pie.

Wishing you all the best at Christmas and every body have the best yet in 09.
Joe I like what you got going, I use the greens for chicken feed.
I'm a beef and taters guy, other meats work too. :clap:
Sounds like you Southern folks got some good recipes. :drink:
We may only be able to stay for a couple three months. I'm really getting the urge to head to New Mexico. :cowboy: BeefmasterB sounds like GOOD folks and GOOD Temps over there. We may have to get the Ladies some sort of work. Gonna take a little fuel to get there. Joe, do you have bulk diesel at your place?

mnmtranching":29m3eves said:
We may have to get the Ladies some sort of work.
BL, MM and CKC ~ please check your pm's. The above is a serious issue :help: . We may have to plan a meeting :drink: :drink: , and get mnmt back on track.

"...work.." What is he thinking? :roll:

mnmtranching":5qfq07hy said:
Gonna take a little fuel to get there. Joe, do you have bulk diesel at your place?

Yeah but the only problem is that you can now buy it cheaper at the service station than what I got in my tanka. It was pretty nice hearing everyone complain about the high cost of fuel this summer and me sitting with $2.-- fuel. Now I'm afraid the shoe is on the other foot. :oops:

mnmtranching":2hbs42b5 said:
Wishing you all the best at Christmas and every body have the best yet in 09.
Joe I like what you got going, I use the greens for chicken feed.
I'm a beef and taters guy, other meats work too. :clap:
Sounds like you Southern folks got some good recipes. :drink:
We may only be able to stay for a couple three months. I'm really getting the urge to head to New Mexico. :cowboy: BeefmasterB sounds like GOOD folks and GOOD Temps over there. We may have to get the Ladies some sort of work. Gonna take a little fuel to get there. Joe, do you have bulk diesel at your place?

mnm - I could drop you off over there but then what are you gonna do?????????

IMG_0215.jpg

Jogeephus":2jtzo4e5 said:
mnmtranching":2jtzo4e5 said:
Gonna take a little fuel to get there. Joe, do you have bulk diesel at your place?

Yeah but the only problem is that you can now buy it cheaper at the service station than what I got in my tanka. It was pretty nice hearing everyone complain about the high cost of fuel this summer and me sitting with $2.-- fuel. Now I'm afraid the shoe is on the other foot. :oops:
Jo that is why I went to buying my fuel 150 gal at a time one after I emptied my tanks this spring

angie":a6aoe4kz said:
mnmtranching":a6aoe4kz said:
BL, MM and CKC ~ please check your pm's. The above is a serious issue :help: . We may have to plan a meeting :drink: :drink: , and get mnmt back on track.

Now leave mnm alone. He'll be busy marinating the steaks at the grill. You "ladies" should busy yourself stuffing xmas quilts with those feathers of yours. Jo willl supervise.

BeefmasterB":56wpw6xb said:
angie":56wpw6xb said:
mnmtranching":56wpw6xb said:

Now leave mnm alone. He'll be busy marinating the steaks at the grill. You "ladies" should busy yourself stuffing xmas quilts with those feathers of yours. Jo willl supervise.

I hope you understand my idea of supervision requires me to be laying under a shade tree with both eyes closed. Afterall, its in the 70's and very few mosquitoes. I'll be able to smell when I need to wake up. :lol2:

Let's not be too hard on MM. Her herd has not had a calf all year. After checking out her bull today, I learned why:

MMsbull.jpg

angie":21e60yc9 said:
mnmtranching":21e60yc9 said:

Hum, may have to "work" him over??? :nod:

CKC1586":3r2epwff said:
angie":3r2epwff said:
mnmtranching":3r2epwff said:

Hum, may have to "work" him over??? :nod:

Joe and I are gonna have to spend a lot of time thinking, figuring how to fix all the problems this old Earth has. 70's, We'll need ice and a cooler :nod: Up here it's keep the beer from freezing. Couple days ago I opened a can, set it on a fence post fed a pale of grain. In a couple minutes I had a slushy. Boy doe that pizz me off. :mad: :mad:

Its been in the 80's here the last few days. I've been practicing being sorry in the man cave but I had to come out and turn the attic fan on cause it was too hot. Got the doors open on the house now. Its pretty warm for this time of year but it flip flops so bad you never know what to expect. It will probably drop down in the 20's in a week or two and then everybody will be sick.

Been running the heat in the morning and the AC in the afternoon. Even thou it won't rain, the atmoshphere has been real damp so when it warms up a bit everything sweats. And today the wind has been blowing 20 - 30 mph. Open and window and I think it would blow the wallpaper off the wall.

WOW and I mean WOW! A gal goes to the big shytties for a couple of days and now I'm on some junket heading for parts south, stuffing feathers in blankets and riding in a camo bus. I think it is really neat how our Southern members here have stepped up with the offers of hospitality. :nod: Please know that the same courtesies would apply should any of you ever wish to travel north of the Mason Dixon. :D

I'm still holding out for New Mexico. I'm thinking that Jo and RedneckWoman from the sounds of their temps and stuff have maybe more creepy crawly things like snakes and slugs and such than we are accustomed to.(insert shuddering smilie here). I'm digging that country that Bmb showed with his bicycle built for two. :nod:

As far as that having to work thing goes, forget it. :nod:

Oh and Bmb, what exactly is wrong with that bull anyway? :???:

MistyMorning":2pq5zwey said:
WOW and I mean WOW! A gal goes to the big shytties for a couple of days and now I'm on some junket heading for parts south, stuffing feathers in blankets and riding in a camo bus. I think it is really neat how our Southern members here have stepped up with the offers of hospitality. :nod: Please know that the same courtesies would apply should any of you ever wish to travel north of the Mason Dixon. :D

I'm still holding out for New Mexico. I'm thinking that Jo and RedneckWoman from the sounds of their temps and stuff have maybe more creepy crawly things like snakes and slugs and such than we are accustomed to.(insert shuddering smilie here). I'm digging that country that Bmb showed with his bicycle built for two. :nod:

As far as that having to work thing goes, forget it. :nod:

Us southern gentlemen will be more than happy to reciprocate by scaling all the lutefish you bring ( :lol2: )as long as Jo keeps the drinks coming ;-) Afterwards we can go target shooting up the road from Jo's place:

IMG_0251.jpg

We ARE expecting first rate labor, as supervised by mnmt or you may end up wandering the likes of NM hung over on grog and carrying an angie-made chicken blanket:

IMG_0197.jpg

About your bull, MM. Didn't you ever notice that when your herd was feeling a bit amourous, the bull approached them in a sidestepping kind of way??? He does make a good companion for somebody:

IMG_0442.jpg

Misty that is a fine looking specimen,,and it is very classy and creative the way he breeds the gals,,sideways and all... :p

Well I for one will take our cold weather over your bugs and snakes any day... :lol2: Besides I already work my @ss off for free so I don't need to be doing it for someone else, for room and board :lol2:

MistyMorning":pnikj11c said:
Are you serious?? This is the funniest post on here! My mom says to me "what kind of bull is that, that its penis grows out the side of its body?" I about got the hiccups I was laughing so hard. You should have seen her face when I explained it was a surgical procedure done on purpose. So she says "They cut it off and stick it in the side?" Once again I started laughing. "No mom.....its ok." :roll: :lol2:

Glad you are back MM ~ we missed you. CKC and I could sure use your help keeping off the cleaning and cooking crew!! I am going to lean on the other side of Jo's shade tree, hate to have it fall over ~ got to have balance!

Also:
Please know that the same courtesies would apply should any of you ever wish to travel north of the Mason Dixon.
Speak for yourself. I will drive to your place and visit for the day ~ but you can keep the likes of Jo and BmB up nort!

Speaking of BmB ~ this is the second funniest post:
We ARE expecting first rate labor, as supervised by mnmt or you may end up wandering the likes of NM hung over on grog and carrying an angie-made chicken blanket.
hillsdown is right ~ this is vacation :nod: . Besides, I don't make blankets out of chickens ~ ever roll over on a beak?? You won't do that twice. :help:

angie":14aiw0zz said:
MistyMorning wrote:
Oh and Bmb, what exactly is wrong with that bull anyway?
Are you serious?? This is the funniest post on here! My mom says to me "what kind of bull is that, that its penis grows out the side of its body?" I about got the hiccups I was laughing so hard. You should have seen her face when I explained it was a surgical procedure done on purpose. So she says "They cut it off and stick it in the side?" Once again I started laughing. "No mom.....its ok."

I thought it was some planned genetic improvement on the northern Imbalancer herd myself. Thought it was quite smart, what moving this section of flesh toward the ribeye area. Keep up the good work. I suspect the SC will be added to the tenderloin area and will really be quite tender.

Ya'll be sure to bring plenty of flour as we are going to cook syrup today if it don't rain. I can put the skimmings aside and it should be ready by the time ya'll get here. (might want to stock up on asprin too) Oh, don't forget to grab Hoss on your way down and make him bring some of those delicious Tenn hams. We can eat ham bisquits and syrup for breakfast, luteawisk(sp) for lunch and collards, turnips, hog head stew for supper and drink skimmings or blueberry medley till breakfast. (no cameras please) ;-)