Put In An Offer

Help Support CattleToday:

It sounds nicer every time you talk about it. No internet no cell phone, you have purchased heaven my friend. Enjoy and best of luck.

Thanks for sharing a very exciting time for you. I looked at the pictures. It is beautiful and you are blessed. All the best in making it be your place.

SmokinM":2vwo9htm said:
It sounds nicer every time you talk about it. No internet no cell phone, you have purchased heaven my friend. Enjoy and best of luck.

It is nearly 50 miles to the nearest Walmart. The nearest grocery store, gas station, or any other kind of business is about 30 miles away. The little town only has 10 homes and a post office. Literally every other resident of the community is a rancher or a hired man of a rancher. I went to a branding down there a few weeks ago. A bunch of the locals (25-30) were there I am looking forward to living next to these kind of people.

Now your just bragging! In all seriousness the place is gorgeous and definitely my kinda place with that kind of seclusion. I can see why your excited. Couldn't be happier for you! Enjoy my friend.

SmokinM":1u1rznwh said:
Now your just bragging! In all seriousness the place is gorgeous and definitely my kinda place with that kind of seclusion. I can see why your excited. Couldn't be happier for you! Enjoy my friend.
OK, I will quit. The seller came down a lot on their price but wanted 60 days after close to move out. So I have 57 more days during which I am going to go crazy. The wife put an aerial picture of the ranch on the computer as a screen saver. Nice to look at but I am ready to move now....... This is going to worse than the count down to retirement.

That's ok if I owned I would be bragging too. I had the same deal on mine we bought in November where they wanted to stay after closing. It is frustrating to own it but not be able to have it. I hope yours treat you better than mine did, apparently he thought trash didn't qualify as personal property so left me a 30yd dumpster plus full of trash along with several pickup loads. People just don't know how to treat people right. Sorry just venting a little there. I do hope yours do better or you have some protection built in if they don't. One thing is for sure you got a place worth waiting/ working on. In 2 months you will be fat cattin it up on that slice of heaven and it will all be worth it. Enjoy!!

SmokinM":1xpvimja said:
That's ok if I owned I would be bragging too. I had the same deal on mine we bought in November where they wanted to stay after closing. It is frustrating to own it but not be able to have it. I hope yours treat you better than mine did, apparently he thought trash didn't qualify as personal property so left me a 30yd dumpster plus full of trash along with several pickup loads. People just don't know how to treat people right. Sorry just venting a little there. I do hope yours do better or you have some protection built in if they don't. One thing is for sure you got a place worth waiting/ working on. In 2 months you will be fat cattin it up on that slice of heaven and it will all be worth it. Enjoy!!

Yes, the trash is a concern. There was a stack of coiled up old rotten barb wire in the machine shed. Six weeks ago I was down there and he was pulling it out of the shed. He told me that he was hauling it off. Well last weekend it was still in a pile outside the shed. They have 40-50 head of horses and ponies. There is actually $5,000 held in escrow that is mine if they haven't removed them by a certain date. I really don't want to have to collect on that money. But there is no use in worrying. It will all work out.

Yes, the trash is a concern. There was a stack of coiled up old rotten barb wire in the machine shed. Six weeks ago I was down there and he was pulling it out of the shed. He told me that he was hauling it off. Well last weekend it was still in a pile outside the shed.
Well, at least it's all in one place and not left coiled up along the old fence rows right where it was taken down, grown up in weeds and vines.
Good luck with it Dave..sounds like one heck of a nice place.

Dave":2bxjt9zg said:
Although this place does have indoor plumbing and electricity it does lack in several regards. Things that most of you take for granted like internet and cell service are seriously lacking. We are looking into satellite internet. And of course there is the standard land line for a phone. The sellers stated that dial up internet barely worked at all and when it did the phone wouldn't work.
Dave you may have already answered this but how far from your place to the nearest neighbor.

TexasBred":2cjey9if said:
Dave":2cjey9if said:
Although this place does have indoor plumbing and electricity it does lack in several regards. Things that most of you take for granted like internet and cell service are seriously lacking. We are looking into satellite internet. And of course there is the standard land line for a phone. The sellers stated that dial up internet barely worked at all and when it did the phone wouldn't work.
Dave you may have already answered this but how far from your place to the nearest neighbor.

The nearest one is 3/4 miles as the crow flies. The next one is about another mile. After that it is about another 2 miles. Turning to the left up through the canyon it is about 15 miles.

Dave":1644wxbz said:
TexasBred":1644wxbz said:
Dave":1644wxbz said:

The nearest one is 3/4 miles as the crow flies. The next one is about another mile. After that it is about another 2 miles. Turning to the left up through the canyon it is about 15 miles.
That's good. As much as we all enjoy being left alone it's always good to have a good neighbor not too far down the road in case of emergencies. Sounds like a wonderful setup. I figure I can probably make it up sometimes in June or July. Get away from this Texas heat for about a month......lololol

TexasBred":3j0r5gly said:
Dave":3j0r5gly said:
TexasBred":3j0r5gly said:

That's good. As much as we all enjoy being left alone it's always good to have a good neighbor not too far down the road in case of emergencies. Sounds like a wonderful setup. I figure I can probably make it up sometimes in June or July. Get away from this Texas heat for about a month......lololol

Sweet! Party at Dave's! I've been looking for a good reason to visit that area. I'll bring the baked beans.

June is out. The people have until June 25 to get out. And there will be some moving in going on for a couple weeks after that. It is a four hour drive from where we are presently at so It will take a week or three to get moved in. But once we get settled in ....... we will be just a few minutes off I-84.

Good story about neighbors. I had to get a PO Box so the title company would have an address for us down there (no rural delivery). The counter at the post office is only open 8 to 10 AM M-F. I got up early to get there in time. So I was out in front of the PO digging for something in my car. A young cowboy comes out and introduces himself as my closest neighbor. We are standing there talking and an elderly lady comes out and asked if my wife did quilting. She invited her to come to the community center (the old school house) on Wednesday mornings. Seems the ladies get together to quilt and do other things there every week. God neighbors are not going to be a problem.

Dave":3cz7mvjn said:
June is out. The people have until June 25 to get out. And there will be some moving in going on for a couple weeks after that. It is a four hour drive from where we are presently at so It will take a week or three to get moved in. But once we get settled in ....... we will be just a few minutes off I-84.

Good story about neighbors. I had to get a PO Box so the title company would have an address for us down there (no rural delivery). The counter at the post office is only open 8 to 10 AM M-F. I got up early to get there in time. So I was out in front of the PO digging for something in my car. A young cowboy comes out and introduces himself as my closest neighbor. We are standing there talking and an elderly lady comes out and asked if my wife did quilting. She invited her to come to the community center (the old school house) on Wednesday mornings. Seems the ladies get together to quilt and do other things there every week. God neighbors are not going to be a problem.

as long as they don't have yapping dogs that echo through the mountains.

I was down to the ranch yesterday. Made me a little nervous. They have another 46 days to move out and I saw little to no movement. There is a 27 by 40 garage that is stacked full. There son in law hauled off one cargo trailer load. They talked about how they hadn't found a place to buy yet. I am certain they don't have enough cash to buy a place outright. So with getting financing, closing, etc they don't have enough time to get something bought. He threw his back out and said the doctor told him it would be 6 weeks until he is well. I am certain that he did throw his back out just looking at how he moved and stood. She made a comment that they could buy a camp trailer and park it in the yard giving us the house. I kept my best poker face and made no reply. They have 45 (+/-) horses. She told my wife that any horse left after 45 days became ours. We don't want their horses and part of the contract is that they have to have them gone by June 15. There is $5,000 held in escrow that comes to me if the horses are still there after that date. For 5 grand I can make a bunch of trips to the sale barn with a trailer load of horses.

This is a very small ranch community where everyone knows each other and helps each other. I really don't want to come into the area with the first thing I do is be a hard azz. But gosh, for the money I paid for this place...... pack your stuff and get gone.

when 30 days comes.. say.. HEY>. the new pr.ick is in town. GET THE F OUT and get your glue off my pastures

ddd75":1f0gfprd said:
when 30 days comes.. say.. HEY>. the new pr.ick is in town. GET THE F OUT and get your glue off my pastures
I figure Dave has got a lot more sense and class than that.

TexasBred":iex2dfou said:
ddd75":iex2dfou said:
I figure Dave has got a lot more sense and class than that.

I was just joking friend. My first farm I let the people stay 6 months while they had a house built. We didn't even talk about it, we found out they were going to stay at the closing. I was paying near 3k monthly payments so it cost close to 20k for them to stay.

In the end he gave me a new tractor worth over 30k. I had no idea he was going to do that.

I'd let them have the camper in the front yard for as long as they needed or if I didn't need to move right away I'd give them more time.

Latest posts