Put In An Offer

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":16bgi55y said:
Well they counter offered yesterday and we accepted it today. Now the fun begins......
I never seem to be able to get pictures to post here but there is a way to view it for those who want to see it. Google Whitney Land Co Pendleton, Oregon. On their website click on the ranch tab. Scroll down past all the multi million dollar ranches To "Durkee Ranch". That is it.

I'm so very excited for you! Congratulations!

Congrats! That's a beautiful location, I hope it works out well for you. What's it got for acres if you don't mind? I couldn't find it on there.

Bestoutwest":3in3h1jj said:
Congrats! That's a beautiful location, I hope it works out well for you. What's it got for acres if you don't mind? I couldn't find it on there.

There is 1,205 acres of deeded land, 67 of those are irrigated. There are also two BLM permits that total 65 head April through November.

M-5":3in3h1jj said:
Beautiful place what kind of stocking rate does that kind country support

The irrigated ground will do a cow per acre April - October with some management. The rangeland will be about one cow for 40 acres. It can do better with some improvements in watering system to get the cows to disperse better. That mountain in the first picture has some under utilized grazing simply because of the distance to water.

ALACOWMAN":u4u38hgm said:
https://whitneylandcompany.com/ranch_Durkee.htm Congratulations money bags... :cowboy:
Rancher I have been helping here says that I am going from his rich friend to a poor rancher like the rest of them. I got them to agree to a lot less than their asking price ;-) but it is still a lot of money.

congrats. looks like a really nice place.

How many head are you planning on running there? Do you think it would run 60-70 pairs and hay for them all winter? How long is the winter season there?

Congrats. All this time I thought we had great views in Alabama. I'll go ahead and put that on my places to see in person list.

True Grit Farms":3dcildlt said:
Brute 23":3dcildlt said:
That's awesome. Congrats! That's beautiful country.

Am I seeing that right... a little over 700ac?
I saw it at 1205 acres and a dang beautiful place. Good job Dave enjoy yourself.

Wow, that is awesome. My brother and I have been looking. That is an amazing price for that acreage.

ddd75":1d74pewy said:
congrats. looks like a really nice place.

How many head are you planning on running there? Do you think it would run 60-70 pairs and hay for them all winter? How long is the winter season there?

They figure it is 65 head year round. It isn't really high at the valley floor, around 2,400 feet. Winter will vary there but snow tends to come and go. Occasionally snow will last Dec-Feb. I will own that mountain in the picture. It is 4,400 feet top at the top. Actually own down the other side too.

The place is just a few minutes off I-84. Anyone headed through Oregon will be welcome to stop by. We will be about 5 miles out of Durkee. The little town of Durkee (population about zero) is next to the freeway. There is a post office, small church, and a coffee shop. About 10 house, half of which look to be empty. The old school is well kept up as a community center. It is right on the Oregon Trail and Durkee was an important stage stop on the Boise/Umatilla stage line. Unfortunately the stage stopped running about 140 years ago

Latest posts